Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Big Question...

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    How hard is it to drum togheter ten to twenty fat slobs with guns?
    In the UK...damn hard.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Would a massive zombie outbreak end civilisation and possibly the human race? (Dawn/Day style)

Or do you envisage more of a WWZ scenario where we would be able to eradicate them in a few years, or even stem the tide before they even became a global threat.

For the sake of this thread, I refer to standard GAR shamblers, not savage Dawn 04 zombies who would **** us over in a few weeks, IMO...but if you want to throw them into the mix, that's cool.
    If they're standard GAR type zombies, mankind would stand a chance at putting them down pretty quickly, maybe within weeks. At least in the U.S. The problem for the zombies is that there just aren't that many fresh corpses on hand to reanimate at any particular time. Plenty of small towns would have no one die for days, maybe weeks, during which they could prepare for what's happening. The worst case scenario would be if the crisis is caused by a virus, and the virus itself has some significant mortality rate for the living in addition to causing the dead to rise. Plus a long incubation period and airborne transmission, so that it has plenty of time to spread all over the world before people start dropping dead from it -- and then getting up undead.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Undisclosed
    All depends on how the government responds and how quickly people come to grips. If it all goes smooth things can settle quick but that is doubtful. Alot of the population would go down but I can see the human race taking the world back like in WWZ, but its also just as likely that if the government completly falters, unlike WWZ, than most of the world is screwed (Not that the U.S. government controls all countries in the world, but I think militarily it has the best chance to control it).

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Plenty of small towns would have no one die for days, maybe weeks, during which they could prepare for what's happening.
    Damn good point that I never thought of.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Read World War Z.