Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption (incl. new Zombie DLC)

Administrator

England
    Just wish they'd release it for the PC!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Which reminds me, without a date for the on-disc release.
    26th November if IGN is to be believed.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Review

Check out the perfect score on this bad boy compadres !

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/113/1130683p1.html

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Check out the perfect score on this bad boy compadres !

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/113/1130683p1.html

First thing I noticed was that Xbox 360 banner ad over top of that adverti...I mean, review

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    First thing I noticed was that Xbox 360 banner ad over top of that adverti...I mean, review

I just went online and queued up the Undead pack for my son's Xbox - he's going to shit a brick when he turns it on and sees that downloading.

I can't wait to check this out - and the 4 horses of the apocalypse angle sounds kinda cool!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

I just went online and queued up the Undead pack for my son's Xbox - he's going to shit a brick when he turns it on and sees that downloading.

I can't wait to check this out - and the 4 horses of the apocalypse angle sounds kinda cool!
    I believe that 2 of them can't be killed so that's a cool little perk.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    IGN Video Review:

I like the idea of clearing out the towns, so I assume you can eventually get rid of the undead nightmare from the lands of RDR - that would be a nice touch, because in most zombie games you can never clear an area out for good, only temporarily.

Looking forward to getting this on-disc.

United States
    Well, I'm just going to post what my son said about the game last night and leave it at that:

"I've played a lot of zombie games, and this one is THE BEST!"

Administrator

England
    Well, I'm just going to post what my son said about the game last night and leave it at that:

"I've played a lot of zombie games, and this one is THE BEST!"

What did he particularly enjoy about it?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    if your son hasn't played the original RE games, you might want to introduce him to that epicness...if he has, you might want to get his head checked.

j/k, as i've not played undead nightmare yet, but that's a pretty bold statement. i am pretty optimistic about what lies in store for mr marston, though.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    What did he particularly enjoy about it?
    Neil - it's hard to pin down, as he gets so excited about it and starts telling me these long, rambling stories about things that have happened to him in the game. He's 14, so that's kind of expected, but can be exhausting! He didn't have "one thing" in particular that he liked or spoke about, but it seems the atmosphere is really cool. I watching him play it, and he managed to tame two of the 4 horses - Pestilence and War. He's still looking for Death and Famine. I believe once you find all 4, you can call any of them at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    if your son hasn't played the original RE games, you might want to introduce him to that epicness...if he has, you might want to get his head checked.

j/k, as i've not played undead nightmare yet, but that's a pretty bold statement. i am pretty optimistic about what lies in store for mr marston, though.
    Well, keep in mind he's 14. Most of his "zombie game" experience has been Left4Dead 1 & 2, Dead Rising 1 & 2, a few mods for some of the other games I've played that converted them to zombie games, Silent Hill (can we even say there's zombies in that?) and to be honest, i'm not sure if he's played any of the RE games. If he hasn't, I should get him on them asap. I played quite a few of the RE games - liked some, didn't like others. Seemed to be hit-or-miss for me, but he might be different.

There is something really cool about zombies in the "old west" so-to-speak setting. The one thing I think was kinda iffy though is the zombies REQUIRE headshots to put them down. You can unload 6 bullets in their chest, but they'll get back up. Same with lightining them on fire. You must give 'em "one to the head" to bring 'em down.

United States
    The one thing I think was kinda iffy though is the zombies REQUIRE headshots to put them down. You can unload 6 bullets in their chest, but they'll get back up. Same with lightining them on fire. You must give 'em "one to the head" to bring 'em down.
    that sounds fucking great, seems everybody who knows anything about zombies knows about the "gotta get 'em in the head" (to quote tony todd from night90), i really wish a decent game with shamblers would come out that uses this as one of their main gameplay elements. the more i hear about undead nightmare the more excited i get for it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    that sounds fucking great, seems everybody who knows anything about zombies knows about the "gotta get 'em in the head" (to quote tony todd from night90), i really wish a decent game with shamblers would come out that uses this as one of their main gameplay elements. the more i hear about undead nightmare the more excited i get for it.
    Agreed on both counts.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Agreed. That's supposed to be the way to bring down shamblers and it adds an added element of gameplay.

I love left 4 dead and the fact that you don't have to shoot them in the head to bring them down works for that game. Why? Runners. It's next to impossible to get a clean head shot with them charging at you nevermind a horde. So that doesn't bother me.

But with shamblers that's the way it ought to be. Not even the old shcool RE games had that pre-requisite. They got it right here.

United States
    yeah, MZ. seems like we've had quite a few conversations about our dream zombie game. i've often thought how fucking rad it'd be if all of us gaming enthusiasts on this site got together and created the definitive zombie game. we've got quite a few pieces to the puzzle. but then some jaded-ass (that'd be you hellsing) would have to chime in about shamblers being too boring for a game, WE NEED MOAR ZOMBIES THAT FLY, D00DZ.

who knows, maybe if "the walking dead" is as big of a hit as we are all anticipating, it'll open the doors for the game of our dreams...