Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thor movie

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I dare them to refer to Odin as the creator of man and Borr as the Christian God.

Administrator

England
    Damn them! Damn them to hell! Seriously, we need a small tactical nuke for these muppets!

http://www.theasylum.cc/product.php?id=183

---------- Post added 19-Apr-2011 at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was 18-Apr-2011 at 06:47 PM ----------

AICN loves it - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49322

Holy shit. They made a very entertaining, engaging and fun THOR film. When Fandral lets out a laugh in the midst of battle – and is smiling… I just loved it. Hogun and his mace. Volstagg eating… Loki making duplicates… Thor swinging that fucking hammer. I’ve seen these things and they did not suck. They ruled. Oh – and Chris Hemsworth? He’s a star. How big? One that Natalie Portman seemed 1000% smitten with in this film.

---------- Post added 21-Apr-2011 at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was 19-Apr-2011 at 09:42 AM ----------

So come on folks? Reviews? Comments? Surely some of you have seen it?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't think it's released yet for a week or two...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I don't think it's released yet for a week or two...
    It's out here in the UK on Monday? So I'd of thought the US should be ahead?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Ugh, the goddamned Asylum ... how they've not been shafted on copyright infringement is beyond me.

As for Thor ... I don't know ... I'm still not all that interested in it, to be honest.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Ugh, the goddamned Asylum ... how they've not been shafted on copyright infringement is beyond me.

As for Thor ... I don't know ... I'm still not all that interested in it, to be honest.
    The reviews suggest a good film!
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    It's out here in the UK on Monday? So I'd of thought the US should be ahead?
    Looks like you guys are getting it first. I believe it's May 6th in the States. Two weeks from today.

Let us know if it's worth seeing in theater!

Dying

United States
    I took a closer look at that Almighty Thor poster. Isn't that monster thing in the upper left the smart gremlin from Gremlins 2?

England
    Well I think I'm going to see this tonight depending on how my plans work out, in 3D no less! I'll let you know what I think later...

Administrator

England
    Think I'm seeing it next week... 2D!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    93% @ RottenTomatoes

Looking like a quality movie, I figured it'd be shit.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's definitely getting some good reviews. Most of them saying it's nothing special, but a really fun movie.

Whats more surprising is that Fast Five is getting good reviews. Supposedly they've dropped the street racer angle and just turned it into a fun heist action film.

England
    Have to say I enjoyed it! Some good bits of comic book action, some awesome special effects & Natalie Portman looking rather ravishing! One or two minor gripes but nothing to spoil it, I'll wait till more have seen it before discussing in more depth!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    93% @ RottenTomatoes

Looking like a quality movie, I figured it'd be shit.
    I'll no doubt end up seeing it now, but I've not been particularly interested in it, I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It's definitely getting some good reviews. Most of them saying it's nothing special, but a really fun movie.

Whats more surprising is that Fast Five is getting good reviews. Supposedly they've dropped the street racer angle and just turned it into a fun heist action film.
    Bassman - yeah, there's not all that much of the 'mally boy' street racing angle in Fast Five - it's a balls out actioner.

Here's what I made of it, FYI:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2011/04...e-musings.html
    Fast Five:
    The original movie was a pretty decent flick. I never bothered with the second or third movies, the fourth movie left me cold when the action wasn't punching, and the fifth ... well, it's actually bloody good fun. Realism is out the window in favour of big cars, big guys, and bigger action. Set in Rio, this fifth instalment brings practically every familiar face from the franchise into one huge spectacular - so characterisation, which was never a big issue in the franchise, is naturally surface-deep pretty much all the way through.

What does keep the movie bashing along at a bloody good whack though, is the action. Justin Lin clearly knows how to deliver plenty of bang for your buck, and in a movie where everything is ridiculously massive (including franchise newbie Dwayne Johnson who resembles a gun-toting mountain driving around in a glacier-sized uber 4x4) things get crazy in a big bad way. Seemingly inspired in-part by the Rio-set levels in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (a ballsy action extravaganza of a videogame), it's insanity from beginning to end with genuinely spiffing action which makes up for any drawbacks. Big, dumb fun defined.

Dying

United States
    For those that have seen Thor and didn't know exactly what they were looking at during the scene after the credits (it was a lot more obscure than, say, Thor's hammer at the end of Iron Man 2), here's the quick rundown.

The object in the box that Nick Fury opened was the Cosmic Cube. In the comics, it's a device first created by the terrorist organization A.I.M., the same organization responsible for the creation of M.O.D.O.K. It holds the power to grant any wish by its user, but there are always consequences that go along with the power. It's been closely associated with a number of villains throughout its history (or "their histories", I suppose, since there have been multiple Cubes), such as Thanos and Dr. Doom. However, the one villain it's most associated with is the Red Skull, the most famous member of Captain America's rogue gallery. So basically the Cube was a tie-in to the upcoming Captain America movie.

Completely unrelated to it, a while back there was a splinter A.I.M. group who used "DEATH BY SCIENCE!" as their rallying cry. That has nothing to do with the Thor movie, but it cracks me up every time.
    Last edited by Mitchified; 01-May-2011 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Grammatical Error