Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: gore in the directors cut

Canada
    i think big budget movies are to much of a gamble. look at mi3 and how they considered it a flop at 45 mil opening weekend. it amazing how much crap gets big bucks, yet a small budgeted movie like land, which made it money back and then some cant get bank rolled again. yea holywood execs are idiots.

i think the part that stands about gar is he isnt willing to compromise his vision. something that is a rare quality in the cut throat market of making movies.

should there be another movie made, i think it will be in the rebirth of holywood going back to making less expensive movies with a moderate return. it sad when a big budget flop effects quarterly results for a movie company. that cant be said for any gar zombie flick .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Hawboy is right. There really is no Big name stars in DAWN 04. There are known character actors. Sarah Polly is only big on the canadian indie circuit. Everyone else is just a bit player, but everyone did a fantastic job... except for that retard who went after the frigging dog. They should have just shot her and left her for Andy to feed on.
    Yeah, I don't understand why people assume those actors in Dawn 04' were box office draws. What movies are the rest of you watching? I've never heard of anyone on the cast list. None of them have done jack in the industry. You don't even have a washed-up or journeyman actor in the movie.

Regardless of whether or not the movie was "good", you can't make the case that anyone was cast to put asses in the theater seats. You can't even argue that Leguizamo or Hopper were cast to put asses in the seats. Hopper has always taken on a lot of movie roles that people might not necessarily expect from him, he's done it his whole career.

It could be said that Savini, Reiniger and Foree were placed into Dawn 04' to capitalize on people who enjoyed their work in the original.

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm ... well I always thought Rhames was a bit of a popular flick going audience draw tactic to be honest, what with Pulp Fiction, the Mission Impossible movies and he's bleedin' Kojak now isn't he?

Mekhi Pfifer (sp?) - ER, last time I checked that's a damn well known TV show, hehe ... so it'd be a case of "oh, it's the dude from E.R.", so while it might not be the reason for a lot of people to have gone to see the movie, maybe it was part of the reason.

Now with Land, Leguizamo isn't exactly box office gold and is more in the niche market (think "Spun") and yeah, Hopper, although a name, isn't exactly Michael "Blow the bloody doors off" Caine or Sean "I only do this voice" Connery...and Asia ... only us horror geeks really know who she is ... aside from the 13 year old kiddywinks who saw that awful xXx and recognised her...