Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1st real Bad Review - Bloody-disgusting.com

Undisclosed
    Well, I thought I was Gary's harshest critic, I guess I'm wrong afterall. Guess this means I can show my face at the Ugarek family reunion and BBQ after all. I'll chime in that I only caught the revised BD review but overall I found it lazy more than anything. I don't really write a lot of reviews as they take me awhile but I'll be damned if I'll be hitting the Black Crow or playing a Gameboy while I'm trying to critically watch a film I'm going to write about. I also check my basic facts so I know what I'm talking about. I just can't get over how lazy the review is. I don't really read BD much but is that typical of their reviews?
    I thought my review was pretty scathing but even handed. Most people know I have a 'history' with Gary and the BD review is what I would have wrote if I was trying to be a prick towards Gary because we had a past.
    Overall, I'm not impressed with the review. I give Deadlands: The Rising a 4 out of 10 but I give the Bloody Disgusting review a .5 out of 10.

Undisclosed
    Yeah, I always appereciated your review TGB, you really went into detail about everything that you didnt like, and even some stuff that you did like. There is definatly a big difference between your review, and BD's review, and it's the effort put into it.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    I'm an active member on the BD forums and I find most of their reviews to be a big old pile of "meh". I've yet to find a single reviewer that I find to be right on all the time.

But a review doesn't have to be in detail for it to be good. A good review should make a statement, and back it up. A few specifics here and there are helpful, but not necessary.

Undisclosed
    I haven't been here for a few weeks, since I popped in and noticed that Gary had posted the review I did on his film.

Here's a few things that popped in mind while reading over this thread....

When Gary send me Deadlands, he sent a pretty nice press kit along with the film. If Gary sent the gentleman over at B-D this as well and he made all of the mistakes he did.....that's simply him being lazy. There was more than enough info in there to supply ANYONE with enough information to write and informed review as well as them to share their thoughts on the film itself.

Also, I don't see where the criticism comes from the guy that was bitching at Gary here on this board about the cinematography. It's excellent in Deadlands, and that easily sets it apart from most independents shot on video.

So in other words, it sounds like people are bitching just to bitch.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Welcome Blootype Ed...

Have a look around HPotD stay a while and put your feet up. It is a home away from home.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Welcome Blootype Ed...

Have a look around HPotD stay a while and put your feet up. It is a home away from home.

Thanks G, I was here before Land of the Dead came about......this place became a wasteland afterwards though. Looks like I'm BACK!!!!!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    HPotD a wasteland? Hmmm, i never noticed. I have been lurking and posting for many years, but glad you're back all the same.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodtype-Ed View Post
    So in other words, it sounds like people are bitching just to bitch.
    OR, they didn't like the movie...But blanket statements are cool too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Super Moderator

UK
    Agreed.

Before this issue takes off again I want an end to it right now. It's been done twice already, so I do NOT expect to see it start again.

Everyone clear? Good.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Agreed.

Before this issue takes of again I want an end to it right now. It's been done twice already, so I do NOT expect to see it start again.

Everyone clear? Good.
    Holy crap...Sorry but if someone is going to speculate on why others are "bitching" about this movie, then I, as one of the ones "bitching" is going to clarify...I've said it before, if this subject keeps being spoken about then I have every right to speak about it....I don't see you saying all the positives should be dropped...If you want this topic dropped maybe you should lock the thread or show me the rule that states there's a limit to how many times one can state their opinion on a single matter. For Christ's sake...You people make a bigger deal of it than it really is...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    seriously drop it, you said you didnt like it and why, thats it.
    you keep posting these little put downs and remarks again and again, we get the point you didnt like the movie, if thats true why do you keep posting about it sucking in the deadlands section?

and before you say "but im allowed my own view", this is my view, drop it man you have nothing to prove its only an internet forum, though this forum prefers to remain constructive to its members it is okay to bitch but there is a limit.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    seriously drop it, you said you didnt like it and why, thats it.
    And people keep chiming in saying why other people didn't like it...So unless the topic is dropped I'm not going to drop it...What part of this is hard to grasp...If I get in trouble for voicing my opinion then so be it, but I'm certainly not going to stop saying what I feel is right because you and others don't want negative remarks...

you keep posting these little put downs and remarks again and again, we get the point you didnt like the movie, if thats true why do you keep posting about it sucking in the deadlands section?
    I get the point, you don't like me saying I don't like the movie so why do you keep posting about it?

Holy ****, seriously read the thread. Look when I post something and see what it's in response to. THAT'S why I keep posting here. And again, tell me where it's written that I can only say what I have to say about once?

and before you say "but im allowed my own view", this is my view, drop it man you have nothing to prove its only an internet forum, though this forum prefers to remain constructive to its members it is okay to bitch but there is a limit.
    I don't see there being a limit to the masturbatory converstaion taking place in the Timeline thread but whatevs.

I don't have something to prove. I want to prove that people CAN legitimately dislike a film. If someone likes the film, fine, I won't take that away from them, but when someone asks (everyone that's seen the movie) what can be improved for next time or makes generalizations as to why people didn't like the movie I'm going to speak my mind. It's really that simple.

If I went into every Deadland thread and said something then I could see your point. But since I've done it in a total of 2 threads and with good reason and justification, then your point is really nothing more than you not wanting anything negative to be said about a film that you're either fond of or you're fond of the filmmaker and has nothing to do with anything more than that.

Administrator

England
    N2NOther - People are starting to get tired of you seemingly just popping up here to bang heads with people. You've said your piece (repeatedly), now give us a break please...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    N2NOther - People are starting to get tired of you seemingly just popping up here to bang heads with people. You've said your piece (repeatedly), now give us a break please...
    I'll gladly give you all a break...once people stop generalizing and asking questions directed at those who saw the movie. Is me repeating this getting tiresome? Not to me...I can repeat this all day until it finally sinks in.