Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FEAR The Walking Dead - Season 5 discussion...

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    ...and the setup of fuel being a resource that has now become precious (with the leftover fuel becoming unstable) will be interesting to see explored in more depth (I assume it'll be a small refinery or something).
    Wouldn't it be funny if the people manning this refinery were all Australians wearing white/beige clothes and football/hockey gear?

United States
    If you really think about, this first half of the season was really a waste of time. Sure we got some old and new characters joining the group, but.... we're pretty much right where we started the season.

Also, not really sure about the next half focusing on found footage as a story narrative.

I'm sure everyone will split off again.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    If you really think about, this first half of the season was really a waste of time. Sure we got some old and new characters joining the group, but.... we're pretty much right where we started the season.

Also, not really sure about the next half focusing on found footage as a story narrative.

1) Mmmm ... on the one hand it was nice to not have a naff villain crammed into proceedings (like we had in 4b), but on the other hand it was a set of episodes in need of something a bit more concrete for it all to flow behind.

2) Found footage focus? Oh dear.

3) Despite some strong elements here and there, it has often felt like a show on life support just scratching by. It's clear as day, too, that Fear cannot sustain 16 episodes in a season. 10 would be plenty per season of Fear. And, as I've said, TWD would do nicely at 12 (six and six) episodes per season.

United States

Agree with this 100%
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x-Hw4hV4rA

Mid-Season trailer.

I really hope they don't overdo this 'found footage' thing, especially as Al's tapes and camera have been kept at a bit of a distance since their introduction.

Looks like there'll be a walker-infested mall, too - so should be good for some Dawn-inspired shots there.

United States
    Damn, that thumbnail is cool af. Gives me classic Dawn vibes.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    5x09 "Channel 4" (aired August 11th 2019)

Directed by: Dan Liu
    Written by: David Johnson

The mid-season finale had a live viewing figure of 1.6m
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 11-Aug-2019 at 06:58 PM.

United States
    Still coming up with new ways to kill zombies
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Super Moderator

UK
    I was pleasantly surprised by this episode. I quite enjoyed it and, even for played-out schtick like the "found footage" style, it worked alright here.

Annoying characters kept to a minimum, the landmine house was a really cool sequence and set-up, although the timeline was a little tricky ... is it that they got to the oil field and have been using that fuel to tour about doing their good deeds, meanwhile the guy in the cap (one of the C&L guys) is just now catching up after a 200 mile walk (really, he couldn't find a single piece of transport in all that distance ... not even a bicycle?), and so now everything proceeds forth in 'present' time?

Good to see Salazar as part of the group, too. Ruben Blades brings a considerable touch of class with his performance.

United States
    I was ready to tune out before the midway point until they got to that old farmhouse with the landmines. I really liked this one. I was worried the rest of the season would be in the found footage style but quite enjoyed how they wrapped all that up by the end. I legit thought that new character at the end was Heath haha.

I dig Logan too.

MZ- right on about Ruben Blades.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 15-Aug-2019 at 01:41 AM. Reason: If they don't bring back Madison after that tease they are making a huge mistake.

Super Moderator

UK
    Live viewing figure for the episode was 1.40m.

I was ready to tune out before the midway point until they got to that old farmhouse with the landmines. I really liked this one. I was worried the rest of the season would be in the found footage style but quite enjoyed how they wrapped all that up by the end. I legit thought that new character at the end was Heath haha.

I thought the same. I saw him and for a few moments I thought "have they re-cast Heath?" - 'cos we still don't know wtf happened to Heath!

If they do do more of the 'found footage' type thing, hopefully they don't over-do it. I really couldn't be doing with a whole back-half dominated by the style.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 15-Aug-2019 at 09:45 AM.

United States
    I think that particular style was used simply because they were making that tape. One and done. Hopefully.

I totally thought Heath was recast haha then I remembered they said Jadis took him. I think.

Super Moderator

UK
    5x10 "210 Words Per Minute" (aired August 18th 2019)

Directed by: Ron Underwood
    Written by: Ian Goldberg & Andrew Chambliss

Two particular things of note here - Ron Underwood is the director of "Tremors", and this episode features a visit to a shopping mall.

- - - Updated - - -

I did enjoy the episode, but for an episode set in a friggin' mall I was disappointed with how few Dawn of the Dead references there were. I know you wouldn't want to go overboard, but damn dude ... not an awful lot.

Still, though, there were some quite good bits in and around the mall ... although having Grace go after the red shirt zombie and, of course, screw up the plan to sneak into the Urgent Care place was just idiotic wilful stupidity. Rather frustrating.

About time Dwight got a shave and haircut.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 18-Aug-2019 at 05:38 PM.

United States
    Agreed I thought there would have been more homage paid to Dawn. Overall it was a descent episode but still disapointing at the same time. I feel like a Morgan Grace romance is brewing.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Rising

United States
    A true homage to Dawn would have been something like having some zombie bikers roaming around the mall, or a lonely grave in the middle of a section of the mall's inner gardens, or a 1977-78 Volkswagen Scirocco parked somewhere inside the mall. They could have easily put any of a whole bunch of easily identifiable references.