Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Season 3 production photos (expect major spoilers)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Also, this is a mini poster they were signing at comic con:

Super Moderator

UK
    Kick arse - some really sickly-looking walkers there.

The group could really do with a wash, couldn't they?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

The group could really do with a wash, couldn't they?
    Or a nice change of undies. I bet you can really get a pungent case of Swamp Ass during the zombie apocalypse.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Upcoming Entertainment Weekly covers:

Loving Daryl's poncho that the costumer designer had mentioned in the recent "dispatches from the set". And I can't help but think of Crocodile Dundee when looking at the governor's cover. "That's not a knife...THIS is a knife."
    Last edited by bassman; 22-Aug-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye, definitely digging Darryl's poncho.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Lots of pictures from the EW issue here: http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/585...dead/twds3ew2x

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Ha! That's soooo cheesy, it's like a bad 90's computer game box art!

"They stole his girl and now he's gotta take to the mean streets of Scumville to win her back! It's time to get mad and get even and kick some ass in a fight to the death with Mr. Big!

Streets of Fury 2 - Revenge Blade!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Michonne's pets before:

Michonne's pets after:

Super Moderator

UK
    I was just about to scurry over and post them (which I'd seen here -http://dailydead.com/16-new-photos-from-the-walking-dead-season-3/)

Some production photos also:

MAJOR SPOILER

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I thought Neil started a thread about the EW issue yesterday, but I can't seem to find it now. Anyway....here are some tidbits from the article itself:

EW- Season 3 picks up several months later, with the group having survived the winter but still homeless.

EW- New character to keep an eye on. Self-made pseudo-scientist Milton, played by Dallas Roberts.

Mazara- “He’s not a trained scientist, but he believes if he can study the behavior of walkers, and experiment and spend time considering the problem perhaps he can find a solution. That’s his contribution to Woodbury.”

Mazzara- “The group will come to discover that there are other survivors within the prison.”

Mazzara- “I don’t want to give anything away, but our version of the Governor is recognizable to comic-book fans.” (in regards to the niece Penny subplot.

Kirkman- “Whether or not he’s [Merle] working with the Governor or against the Governor remains to be seen.”

EW- Michonne and Andrea form a strong bond while out surviving on their own, but that bond will be tested when hey arrive at Woodbury, as the two women taking very opposing viewpoints on the community. While Andrea embraces hope, Michonne senses trouble.

Gurira- “Michonne is trained to see all the stuff to be wary of; she can see the Governor for what he is very quickly. There are so many clues.”

EW- That confrontoation [between Woodbury and the Ricks group] could lead to scrambling among the other characters. Will Andrea—perhaps feeling abandoned at the farm by her previous group—stand by the Governor’s side? Will reunited brothers Daryl and Merle fight together or against each other?

Mazzara- “As the groups clash, everything gets reshuffled, alliances change. There’s a sense of betrayal between different characters.”

EW- The Governor is not the only human threat out there.

Mazzara- “Other groups see that prison as a very important resource, not just the Governors group. The prison becomes a focal point for several different groups through the season.”

EW- Producers have already revealed—bragged really—that major characters will once again be biting the dust.

Kirkman- “Every season of The Walking Dead is going to have major deaths.”
    I'm a bit worried about the "scientist" trying to figure things out. Kirkman already had a misstep or two by letting the CDC storyline and the "we're all infected" dialogue convince non-comic fans that it's a virus series, so I hope this doesn't take it further. Hopefully AMC and the other writers aren't making him give explanations that he doesn't want to give, because these are things that have been intentionally avoided in the comic...
    Last edited by bassman; 24-Aug-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    ^^ amen to that.

Also: I still find it strange that the last shot of the previous season made it seem that the group was pretty close to the prison whereas now they are telling us that the new episodes start months from Rick's little democracy speech and sees the group homeless. Surely it doesn't take them months and a (harsh?) winter to find it?

Plus: I know it's probably because of budgetary reasons and shooting schedules but I find it a pity that we wont see any episodes set in winter/snow (do they even have snow in winter where the story is set ?) as a frosty setting led to some fantastic and atmospheric comic book issues.

I couldn't help but think of some Kylie Minogue video when seeing those pics op Michone's pets in their blue sleeves.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Plus: I know it's probably because of budgetary reasons and shooting schedules but I find it a pity that we wont see any episodes set in winter/snow (do they even have snow in winter where the story is set ?) as a frosty setting led to some fantastic and atmospheric comic book issues.
    Snow is a very rare event here in Georgia where the show is set and filmed. If we do get snow, it's maybe once or twice in the winter season and it's nothing heavy. Usually melted within a few days. The last significant snow we had was nearly 20 years ago during the Blizzard of 1993. There is a portion of the comics with snow(the show has already passed this point), but I don't think Kirkman realized how little snow Georgia gets when he wrote it.
    Last edited by bassman; 24-Aug-2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Some nifty tidbits of info in there that leave a smile on my face, including some stuff that I called in advance, so it's nice to see my presumptions confirmed.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Snow is a very rare event here in Georgia where the show is set and filmed. If we do get snow, it's maybe once or twice in the winter season and it's nothing heavy. Usually melted within a few days. The last significant snow we had was nearly 20 years ago during the Blizzard of 1993. There is a portion of the comics with snow(the show has already passed this point), but I don't think Kirkman realized how little snow Georgia gets when he wrote it.
    Exactly. Something I always noted when reading the comics. Maybe its the lack of CO2 being released into the atmosphere. . . but nah, that much snow in Georgia always seemed unlikely to me.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    I had assumed the snow in Georgia was due to some climate change that took place; perhaps even something involved with whatever caused the zombie pandemic. Think about it this way, maybe the earth itself is dying and everyone has been too involved with the threat of the zombies and surviving, so no one has noticed yet. (that could also explain why there seems to be a lack of animal life anywhere)

Or, perhaps it was just a freak winter in good ol' Georgia!