Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
Some idiot UCSD student admitted to doing this in the racially-charged atmosphere following a drunken frat-boy party which mocked Black History Month.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...-ucsd-student/

"LA JOLLA — In an anonymous letter circulated on campus yesterday, the University of California San Diego student who hung a noose in the school library last week apologized for what she called a “mindless act and stupid mistake.

“I know what I did was offensive — regardless of my intentions — I am just trying to say I’m sorry,” read the letter, which was published in the student newspaper, the UCSD Guardian. “As a minority student who sympathizes with the students that have been affected by the recent issues on campus, I am distraught to know that I have unintentionally added to their pain.”

The 10-paragraph letter was unsigned. In a note to readers, the newspaper said it had “verified the author’s authenticity.” Campus authorities said details in the letter are consistent with what they know about the incident, which was reported late Thursday.

Authorities would not provide the student’s ethnicity or any other details about her, saying it might compromise their investigation into the incident."
Interesting.

-stray-