Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Warm Bodies (film)

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie369 View Post
    Does anybody else think this film took some insperation from Land of the Dead? I mean some things in the movie were kind of similiar like the walled-in survivor settlement, the scavangers going out into the ruins to recover important supplies, and the zombies learning to become human again.
    Really? First of all... if the zombies learn to become human that's more along the lines of Day of the Dead... which albeit is by Romero but its the initial forecast of trying to re-humanize the zombies.

Similarly... in a zombie world common sense to some extent would dictate the desire to create a 'safe zone' of a compound style life. We see this in Dawn of the Dead first because of the failure of the stay-home idea in Night. You see it in 28 Weeks Later. It's also on Dead Set. Then there's the whole... well duh... no matter where you are your stores are going to be limited in a doomsday scenario and therefore you'll be required to scavenge for goods beyond your own safe zone. Also in Dead Set and 28 Days Later.

I think a lot of movies bear similarities... whether by Romero or romantic in nature because in the event of a doomsday scenario you'll be inclined into doing certain things. Those will be portrayed in the movies to add to the plot elements and thus makes it interesting. What's nice is when you get to see new ideas come to the forefront on how to survive in the aftermath of such an epidemic. Unfortunately zombie movies and tv shows typically do a lousy job of showing the construction of safe zones, or scavenging in any unique style beyond stopping in at the old 7-eleven and seeing what's on the shelves with the exception of The Walking Dead when they showed the local shop down from Hershels' which was raided but had a lot left in it, in case others may need items from the store. But that's a discussion for another board.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Super Moderator

United States
    I saw this over the weekend with my wife and we both really enjoyed it. A bit simple from A to B, but that isn't always bad, especially with "out there" premises.

It was definitely good fun for us.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany