Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Aliens vs. Predator 3

Canada
    360 or pc bass? the pc version is stupidly sexy

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Game Informer gave it a pretty bad review. I'll wait to hear more.
    It's gotten pretty bad reviews from all around for some reason. Gamespot gave it a 5.5.

I should have it by this weekend so I'll tell you what i think of it then.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    360. I'm not trying to say it's horrible. Far from it.

Just pointing out that a few areas seem to be lacking as far as graphics go. Some of the reviews tend to agree with me, so I guess i'm not the only one that noticed.

The lackluster graphics don't take away from the experience though. It's still awesome. I didn't intend to put anyone off of the game with that comment.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's a shame that so much emphasis is put on graphics because that alone is not what a good game makes.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It's a shame that so much emphasis is put on graphics because that alone is not what a good game makes.
    Oh good lord. It's not that big of a deal, guys. I just noticed that maybe it's not up to par with some games of the current generation. It's a great game so far regardless of the graphics. If I would've known it was going to be an issue I wouldn't have said it. I'm not trying to put anyone off of the game. It's fantastic.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Oh good lord. It's not that big of a deal, guys. I just noticed that maybe it's not up to par with some games of the current generation.
    Ah watch how the consolers suffer as their hardware becomes outdated on an up to date PC with max AA & all that jazz it looks awesome!

Canada
    it still looks fine on a console anyways.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just finished the Marine storyline. Not too bad at all. The ending is....interesting. Parts of it are predictable but there's one thing at the very, very end that could be promising for a future game. I'll put it in spoilers...

The coordinates to the Alien homeworld? I'm very interested as we've never seen their homeworld, but i'm also worried for the same reason. Should they reveal where the Xenomorph comes from? The mystery of it all seems so normal at this point I'm not sure if I want to know. At least not from a gaming company. If it were Ridley Scott I would be down for it...

Btw...I'm tired of the "is it the real Bishop or android?" gimmick. It's been done over and over. Enough already.

Now to kick off the Predator storyline!
    Last edited by bassman; 18-Feb-2010 at 01:23 AM.

England
    So is the full game worth getting then? I had really high hopes but the negative reviews have put me off slightly, & ive only played the multiplayer demo which im not that bothered about anyway as I would buy it for the single player experience...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There are actually more positive reviews than negative. Here is a collection of reviews and you can see that most are positive.

To answer your question.....I say it's a yes. I've enjoyed the hell out of it so far. It should be a definite purchase for anyone that is a fan of the Alien and Predator movie series'.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    To answer your question.....I say it's a yes. I've enjoyed the hell out of it so far. It should be a definite purchase for anyone that is a fan of the Alien and Predator movie series'.
    And that's the key right there. So many people's enjoyment of a game depends on if they are fans of the source material.

Example: For many, the ghostbusters game was so, so...

However to long time fans it was a wet dream come true.

Testify Bassman !!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Ah watch how the consolers suffer as their hardware becomes outdated on an up to date PC with max AA & all that jazz it looks awesome!
    so does your bank balance
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Testify Bassman !!
    Yes and no. The Ghostbusters game was obviously great to me, but it also wasn't a bad game on it's own merits. The "weapons" and wrangling feature were a lot of fun. I think even Capn said he enjoyed it and he's not a fan. Not an amazing game, but decent on it's own terms. Definitely good if you think of it as the third film, though.

As for AVP, I think it's also a bit of both. It's nothing revolutionary but I do believe that a non-Alien or non-Predator fan could enjoy it for what it is. Being a fan of the series just gives it that little boost into awesome territory.

capncnut
    My pal picked it up today. I'll probably have a dig at it over the weekend.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    My pal picked it up today. I'll probably have a dig at it over the weekend.
    My 10 year old son played it last night and he didn't like it.

I'll play it myself this weekend.