Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 2 Voice Cast Reveal Video

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by fulci fan View Post
    Mas effect was the most boring game ever. I just don't get why people like it. I like Fallout 3 and Oblivion.

Can someone tell me why this is considered a good game? I really want to enjoy this game, but every time I try to play it, I can't.
    You know Zombi II is generally considered to be a boring piece of Italian trash, yet you don't hear us complain about it.

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    and you'll eventually be treated to one of the best game finales in recent memory.
    THIS.

by the closing of ME1 i was just short of frothing for ME2. Which credit where it's due, I'm working on my second go 'round in it, and thus far ME2 is pretty much flawless.

Canada
    So i finished this game yesterday. Beat it on insanity, kept everyoen alive during the suicide mission, everyoen was loyal, and I had all ship upgrades/most of the crew/weapon upgrades. Also romanced Tali, make of that what you will.

Favourite Characters-

Garrus, Tali, Mordin

Favourite Loyalty mission-

Mordin, Tali, Grunt

I was honestly surprised by how well the new characters were. I didn't expect much from Grunt of Subject zero, but by God, They turned out to be very well written, and acted. Mordins VA deserves much credit as well. From the "scientist Salarian" song, to the conversation he has during his loyalty mission wehre he actually considers that being part of the Genophage project was ethically wrong, and doubts his previous actions upon finding a dead female Krogan, he shows just how well the actor is.

It was actually sad to read and listen to that convo with him, and It still stands out to me as my favourite moment of the game. Grunts Loyalty quest was just awesome. You can head butt a Krogan ffs, and if you kept Wrex alive during ME 1 (you're a loser if you got him killed) you are greeted to a warm welcome from him, that will seriously cause you to grin from ear to ear. I couldn't help, it just felt awesome to watch him come up to me and go "Shepard! My friend!". Killing the thresher Maw was great as well.

Talis loyalty mission was pretty cool, and was more an exercise in either your paragon, or renegade score, but when you arrive on the Aleri, and find

Her dead father, you cannot help but feel terrible for her, and once again, the actress that does Talis voice did a great job with that scene.

The entire game was amazing, I don't think I have been this involved in a storyline, or game before in my life. It is just wonderful, the universe that bioware has created. I eagerly await ME3, and cannot wait to see how the storyline ends..even if I will be a little sad that we won't see anymore of Shepard after that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    finished it yesterday and loved it, just like 6 achievements left so you do pretty much a lot of it in one playthrough, was like 35+ hours though so im not complaining. first time through the omega 4 relay i lost thane and the toolbag merc. romanced tali because her character was adorable compared to the other females who were some kind of sci-fi space hooker steriotype. beat every boss with a fully upgraded collector particle rifle.

not even the children were spared.

United States
    Some free armor and weapon DLC hitting today:

BioWare has sent word that gamers taking a break from hitting on Miranda will be able to get the new Cerberus Assault Armor and M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun DLC for free through the Cerberus network within Mass Effect 2. The content should be available for all fans, both on PC and Xbox 360, at 12:00pm Mountain Standard Time. Here’s a description:

Cerberus Assault Armor

Cerberus assault armor is designed for shock troops, turn the tide of battle against creatures or forces that would decimate normal soldiers.
    Increases heavy weapon ammo capacity by +10%
    Increases shields by +10%
    Increases health by +10%

M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun

The M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun is a longer-range shotgun with armor-piercing loads. This design also violates several intergalactic weapons treaties, so the M-22a is not distributed to militaries.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Canada
    the one with wrex is the best. also

United States
    http://www.destructoid.com/mass-effe...h-165051.phtml

In "late March" the studio plans to release the "Firewalker" pack, a free five-mission downloadable add-on that features "The Hammerhead," a big gliding car that shoots missiles and hits speeds "up to 120 kilometers per hour."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

i lol'ed

Canada

this image always makes me laugh...especially because I can see it happening.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

-and just for extra lulz:

Canada

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

United States
    amazon has a deal going on (ends tomorrow i think) where if you buy ME2 you get the first game for free. sounded like a good deal, so i am expecting both to come in next week. from what you guys have posted, i imagine i'll enjoy these games immensely.

United States
    You're definitely in for a treat, just be prepared to accept a few weird design choices (inventory management, leveling system, combat mechanics) in the first game. ME2 on the other hand is very polished and tweaked to near perfection.