Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Land Gets Worse

Undisclosed

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Actually....I was referring to dracenstein's comment about the band near the beginning of Land. Not so much BD...
    lol yeah i get you that was pretty lame that they knew not only how to act like they were playing but the fact that they stayed together for however many years they've been dead!lol

you know what they say a band that plays together Rots together! lol

lol they gave meaning to the term...."That band stinks!" zing!
    Last edited by DEAD BEAT; 13-Aug-2010 at 09:42 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Shit, I don't recall noticing this before, but it sounds bad...may just be time for a re-viewing.
    teh maor j00 now.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I hated LAND so much that after our commentary I threw the HD DVD at Lou and said... here, you fucking keep it.

and he still has it, best beer coaster ever
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    lol yeah i get you that was pretty lame that they knew not only how to act like they were playing but the fact that they stayed together for however many years they've been dead!lol
    They certainly wouldn't be the first.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    When there are no new topics to write about. . .The HPOTD will beat the dead horse.

I . . .just . . . .can't do it. I can't. I don't have the energy. I want to. . I really do. . . .I just can't.

I am gonna have to check out that piano jingle thing though.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    when there are no new topics to write about. . .the hpotd will beat the dead horse. :d
    lol!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by dracenstein View Post

I like Dennis Weaver's acting in it,

He was brilliant in 'Blue Velvet' too.

Sorry, just pulling your leg.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    Okay! Okay! I got a name wrong...

Apologies!

I don't know where I got the Weaver from.

Gonna edit my original post.
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    When there are no new topics to write about. . .The HPOTD will beat the dead horse.

I . . .just . . . .can't do it. I can't. I don't have the energy. I want to. . I really do. . . .I just can't.

I am gonna have to check out that piano jingle thing though.
    Let your love for Big Daddy shine!! You know you want to!!
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Undisclosed
    First time I saw Land, right after it was over I said "Well, at least the story was there" trying to think of something positive about it. I like several shots, especially the one where they stop the car and zombies are walking through the woods. When I saw Return of the Evil Dead (Blind Dead 2), I suspected this was where the zombies/fireworks idea was taken from.

Two things that constantly bug me is how DJG hates Land but loves Dawn04 and why Basscunt hates Rotlid. Well, I have theories that they may want to use in their therapy sessions. In the reviews on Netflix for Deadlands 1, someone says Gary hates Land because he went all the way to Canada to be a zombie and was cut from the movie but got on screen in Dawn04 (it was an aha moment from the other night). Basscunt hates Rotlid cause he sees "STORY BY RICCI, RUSSO, STREINER" and wants to defend Romero's honor.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by triste realtà View Post
    Basscunt hates Rotlid cause he sees "STORY BY RICCI, RUSSO, STREINER" and wants to defend Romero's honor.[/SIZE]
    No, not really. I understand why people love ROTLD. I really do.

I'm not on some crusade to make others join me. Obviously I'm in the minority and that's where it stands. I just personally don't like ROTLD. That doesn't make it the worst zombie film ever, I just don't enjoy it as much as others....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    No, not really. I understand why people love ROTLD. I really do.

I'm not on some crusade to make others join me. Obviously I'm in the minority and that's where it stands. I just personally don't like ROTLD. That doesn't make it the worst zombie film ever, I just don't enjoy it as much as others....
    I'm in that minority too. I'm also astounded that it IS a minority. ROTLD, like you said, isn't the worst zombie movie, but it just isn't good though either.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by triste realtà View Post
    First time I saw Land, right after it was over I said "Well, at least the story was there" trying to think of something positive about it. I like several shots, especially the one where they stop the car and zombies are walking through the woods. When I saw Return of the Evil Dead (Blind Dead 2), I suspected this was where the zombies/fireworks idea was taken from.

Two things that constantly bug me is how DJG hates Land but loves Dawn04 and why Basscunt hates Rotlid. Well, I have theories that they may want to use in their therapy sessions. In the reviews on Netflix for Deadlands 1, someone says Gary hates Land because he went all the way to Canada to be a zombie and was cut from the movie but got on screen in Dawn04 (it was an aha moment from the other night). Basscunt hates Rotlid cause he sees "STORY BY RICCI, RUSSO, STREINER" and wants to defend Romero's honor.
    There some good bits in Land, unfortunately, they are overwhelmed by the more numerous bad bits.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    I liked Land as a stand alone Zombie film but as most of you have covered it had some real issues. The whole Big Daddy thing gets annoying very very quick I agree, but the thing that stood out to me was when Cholo attacks Hoppers character. The Zombie Cholo looked much more decomposed than Big Daddy after such a short space of time. Also for me the whole Zombies using weapons cocept made them much less scary.

Land clearly isnt a patch on Night, Dawn and Day but is a classic compared to Diary. Diary is so bad I am going to wait until Survival turns up on TV before I watch it.
    If Goonies never die are they all Zombies??!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I like Land a lot. It's a great film, great moments in it. I yawn at a lot of criticism that gets thrown it's way, because much of it is (obviously) not warranted. You can tell when someone is honest in their criticism and when someone just makes stuff up because they've decided to hate the film. Like calling Land the worst zombie film ever. Yeah right, give me a break. Maybe it is if you've only seen two films: Day and Land. You get the point.

Still, I understand why some people have a problem with Big Daddy. I personally like him. I dig Eugene Clark in the role (has a fitting appearance) and I can see how that kind of thing would happen.

While I do like my zombies brainless and "pure motorized instict" I kind of dig the slowly learning arc of Romero's films. It's what puts them apart from the rest. I also like moral ambiguity in stories - and Romero has plenty of that.

However, I doubt anyone living in that world would see things quite like that, and the one thing I don't like about Land is how Riley "let's the zombies go at" the end of the film. Don't buy that one.