Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad (The final 8 episodes)

Super Moderator

UK
    Just a fan thing by a separate company without the consent of Lego itself. There's a bunch of these sort of unofficial Lego playsets that are just for enthusiasts of the toy and of whatever film/show they're doing a version of. A bunch of ill-informed fake outrage from the Daily Mail on this one. Plus, as also stated in the comments, Mike isn't a police officer, as the article claims.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Complete Series Box Set and Special Features: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/this...a-must-have-yo

United States
    ^

decided to go for it after all. i can always cancel it if i change my mind but i dig that barrel and dat apron. i'm also not sure if they are gonna relese the 5th season as a whole or force us to buy 2 blu ray sets so this solves that problem.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    ^

decided to go for it after all. i can always cancel it if i change my mind but i dig that barrel and dat apron. i'm also not sure if they are gonna relese the 5th season as a whole or force us to buy 2 blu ray sets so this solves that problem.
    From the looks of it, AMC decided to release the two halves of S5 as separate Blu Rays. The first eight episodes are already available and are labeled as "Season Five". I'm guessing they'll label the final eight as "Season Six". It's all down to the whole dispute they had between S4 and S5. Gilligan even said "Season 5-A as the lawyers call it". But yeah....five seasons. Just split and released separately because of AMC's greedy money men.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    From the looks of it, AMC decided to release the two halves of S5 as separate Blu Rays. The first eight episodes are already available and are labeled as "Season Five". I'm guessing they'll label the final eight as "Season Six". It's all down to the whole dispute they had between S4 and S5. Gilligan even said "Season 5-A as the lawyers call it". But yeah....five seasons. Just split and released separately because of AMC's greedy money men.
    AMC have said all episodes are season 5 according to the BB Insider podcast.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    And yet, so it'd appear, here in the UK it's "Season 5" (501-508) and "The Final Season" (509-516) ... no signs, yet, of a 'Complete Fifth Season', but who knows if that'll change ... I'd doubt it with a "Final Season" set available for pre-order. Rather annoying.

It's the same thing with Futurama, they do a 26 episode season, but it's split in-two across two years, and so that means that each year 13 episodes get released ... so not only are they double-dipping us, they're behind schedule.

As for the recent episode - I loved the bit where Walt Jr was star struck by Saul at the car wash. I like that there's little moments of levity like that, which are totally realistic, weaved throughout - oh, and Huell on the sofa getting squeezed for info by Hank. Huell steals every scene he's in.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Yet there's a dvd currently available that says Season Five and it's only 501-508....

England
    Yet there's a dvd currently available that says Season Five and it's only 501-508....
    IIRC they did a similar thing with BSG when the season was split in 2.

Attached Images
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Speaking of Saul.....AMC announced yesterday that they've green lit Gilligan's spinoff show Better Call Saul. As of now they're calling it a prequel, which it likely will be, but could just be a diversion tactic before we know what happens to Saul in BB. I think he's going to get away fine in BB, but after Walt's trouble he probably wouldn't want to be "in the life" anymore, so a prequel makes the most sense.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Speaking of Saul.....AMC announced yesterday that they've green lit Gilligan's spinoff show Better Call Saul. As of now they're calling it a prequel, which it likely will be, but could just be a diversion tactic before we know what happens to Saul in BB. I think he's going to get away fine in BB, but after Walt's trouble he probably wouldn't want to be "in the life" anymore, so a prequel makes the most sense.
    As I understood it, it would only be a 1 hour thing. I don't mind it, but I was always wary that a TV-series would be to much of a thing. But 1 hour might be to short. I say they should make like a mini-series. 4 - 6 episodes or something like that.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    As I understood it, it would only be a 1 hour thing. I don't mind it, but I was always wary that a TV-series would be to much of a thing. But 1 hour might be to short. I say they should make like a mini-series. 4 - 6 episodes or something like that.
    When they say "one hour" they're not being literal, they're talking about a time slot - Breaking Bad is also 'one hour' show, as in that's the time slot it fits into, whereas it's actually around about 46 to 47 minutes per episode.

Yeah, "prequel" could be a cheeky way to work around Breaking Bad still having three episodes left, or other reasons, but it also makes sense in the way they talked about it being a case of 'how did this guy become Saul' ... interesting stuff, and it's certainly the time to strike on it, and I hope it works out well.

United States
    arrrrrgh!!! i have to go to training for my new job and i have to check into my hotel by 8pm sunday....if my room doesn't have cable, i will have to wait till fuckin friday to see the new episode.....

Super Moderator

UK
    HOLY FECKIN' SHITE!!!

Hell of an episode, that! Wow ... emotionally draining to say the least!

After last week's cliff hanger I was hoping it could go a better way, but realistically there was only one way it could all go ...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think just about everyone knew Hank was a goner after last week's episode. It felt weird to have him gone, though...

Just when I thought Walt had gone too far to be likable, he makes the call to Skylar and redeems himself. Taking the baby and then "threatening" Skyler was a perfect plan. Now she'll be cleared of any wrong doing.

Super Moderator

UK
    I think just about everyone knew Hank was a goner after last week's episode. It felt weird to have him gone, though...

Just when I thought Walt had gone too far to be likable, he makes the call to Skylar and redeems himself. Taking the baby and then "threatening" Skyler was a perfect plan. Now she'll be cleared of any wrong doing.
    Yeah, I was hoping there would be some magical Walt way out of it all for Hank, but yeah ... there was only one way it could go.

It was gut punch after gut punch, this episode - and poor old Walt Jr/Flynn getting the news, and the knife fight, and having to call the cops on his Dad - and poor Marie too.

Excellent television. Truly legendary.