Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Left 4 Dead - Most wanted game of 2008

Super Moderator

UK
    It's an nVidia that's going in it, and it's better than the one I've got in my rig, so it'll be better.

It's not gonna be a gaming rig, but I'll at least be able to play Condemned (once I find a copy for PC) and STALKER properly, and indeed - Left 4 Dead quite possibly.

Also, there's a Battlefield online game coming out soon, kinda like TF2, but for Battlefield's franchise - it's free apparently.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    It's an nVidia that's going in it, and it's better than the one I've got in my rig, so it'll be better.

It's not gonna be a gaming rig, but I'll at least be able to play Condemned (once I find a copy for PC) and STALKER properly, and indeed - Left 4 Dead quite possibly.

Also, there's a Battlefield online game coming out soon, kinda like TF2, but for Battlefield's franchise - it's free apparently.
    Any idea of the model?

For under £100 you can get fantastic PCIe graphics cards! So if you find anything slow for under £100 you can sort that out
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I think it's a 6-series of nVidia, but that's all I know.

Not the newest I know, but newer than mine, and backed up by 2 gigs of RAM and a dual core 64 bit AMD processor.

But it's my folks' machine anyway, and I wouldn't be wanting to give Crysis a go on it or anything ... that I'd do if & when I get another rig myself ... but it'll do STALKER: CS and Condemned nicely, and Left 4 Dead I assume ... if I get it that is.

Still waiting on the actual computer though, bloody late delivery of the components set the whole building and testing back a bit. *shakes fist at couriers*

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Can you run TF2 fine and dandy?

Cos it says if you can, you should be fine with L4D.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Can you run TF2 fine and dandy?

Cos it says if you can, you should be fine with L4D.
    I wouldn't say fine and dandy... Generally OK, but it gets a little stuttery/laggy when in close quarters combat... But it's playable... Not sure how much of this is in reality down to general online gaming...!?

HL2 ep1 & 2 are fine...
    -Carl Sagan

England
    If anyone is in ANY doubt about this game, watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJPgalunu0w
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post

Hmmm... Hope it isn't too frantic and frustrating...
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I think this is where the "director" will come into it's own and make the necessary adjustments. I'm playing HL2 on the 360 at the mo and I'm constantly amazed at the AI in it. This game is the love child of 2 studios whose focus is AI and I've been reading a that lot of people refer to it as a single player cinematic experience within a multiplayer game.
    Can't wait till Nov 21st.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    You can pre-order it now thru steam (for the PC), and IMHO it's rather expensive, even with the current 10% discount!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    You can pre-order it now thru steam (for the PC), and IMHO it's rather expensive, even with the current 10% discount!
    I just ordered it,I can't until this game comes out.

Administrator

England
    Loads of videos of multiplayer, human vs infect.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/42...iplayer-Movies

The more I see it, the more concerned I'm getting it just cheap scares rather than skill. ie: Just things jumping around corners all the time with frantic shooting Could be too shooty/frustrating for me
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post

While I love the setting, maps and overall scariness, that video puts me off immensely. I get the feeling it's going to be impossible to complete the game without dying at least 1000 times.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    While I love the setting, maps and overall scariness, that video puts me off immensely. I get the feeling it's going to be impossible to complete the game without dying at least 1000 times.
    Dying or, having to be saved a 1000 times

This is my major problem with Team Fortress 2... Death really doesn't matter. It's just expected for you to die basically randomly at times. Infact it does even affect your score, and is not shown in any way if you died once or a hundred times!

I fear this mentality has made it into L4D Fast, frantic and frustrating?
    -Carl Sagan