Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Aliens vs. Predator 3

Undisclosed
    I tried the demo on xbox and didn't care to much for it. I think the story mode for the marine looks cool, but online the action was to frenetic and I could not tell what was happening at times. I will pass on this but might rent it to try out the single player.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    I tried the demo on xbox and didn't care to much for it. I think the story mode for the marine looks cool, but online the action was to frenetic and I could not tell what was happening at times. I will pass on this but might rent it to try out the single player.
    Nowdays renting something before you buy is very sound policy. Paying 60 bucks for a turd hurts man.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    i will say one thing- every alien player i have met online has done nothing but spam the instant kill move. it is fucking ridiculous, and incredibly frustrating to suddenly lose control of your character and see an alien tail run through his torso. fuck that noise.

Well, i shouldn't say everyone, but most of them seem too. With the speed those fuckers can move, it is hard to keep a bead on them, and it is easy as fuck to lose sight of them, and have them impale you from behind.

Other then that i found the demo enjoyable, and am definatly going to pick the game up soon.

Undisclosed
    Placed an ebay bid for the Facehugger. People are selling seperate contents for bidders who only want specific items. I want to play the game, but I do not want to purchase it. But I do want the Facehugger.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Finished the game over this past weekend. I wasn't a big fan of the Alien's story, but the Marine and Predator missions were a blast.

As i've said before it's a decent game on it's own merits, but being a fan of the films only makes it better.

Final verdict on the single player: 7.0/10.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    i will say one thing- every alien player i have met online has done nothing but spam the instant kill move. it is fucking ridiculous, and incredibly frustrating to suddenly lose control of your character and see an alien tail run through his torso. fuck that noise.

Well, i shouldn't say everyone, but most of them seem too. With the speed those fuckers can move, it is hard to keep a bead on them, and it is easy as fuck to lose sight of them, and have them impale you from behind.

Other then that i found the demo enjoyable, and am definatly going to pick the game up soon.
    Multiplayer matches have to be balanced. Otherwise it's not enjoyable and no one is going to want to play as anything but the alien.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Placed an ebay bid for the Facehugger. People are selling seperate contents for bidders who only want specific items. I want to play the game, but I do not want to purchase it. But I do want the Facehugger.
    Bam!!! Got it. People are going nuts bidding online for them. I took advantage of the buy it option on a item that was just placed. Cannot wait to rent the game, too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Aliens Vs Pradator is currently at the #1 spot for the fastest selling game in the UK, beating out Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2. That's a bit surprising to me...

And as I'm sure everyone could have already guessed.....a sequel is coming.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Aliens Vs Pradator is currently at the #1 spot for the fastest selling game in the UK, beating out Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2. That's a bit surprising to me...

It beat Modern Warfare 2?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yep. MW2 is currently at number 6 for the year.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

well this is a well rooted film franchise with a massive following so it makes sense, the first mass effect was virtually ignored in england and bioshock wasnt much better.
    Honestly though ive heard this was just an elaborate rock paper scissors from the broken multiplayer due to kill animations, was it actually any good or what?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I can't tell you about the multiplayer, but the single player storylines were a blast. Loved every second of it.

As you said, this is no doubt at #1 because of the popularity of the two franchises. It's a decent enough game, but I doubt it will hold the top spot for very long.

But hey....this helps work toward a a sequel and that I will definitely pursue.

Canada
    unrelated but--

Vancouver 2010 is beating Mass Effect 2? what the fuck England. You hate the Olympics this year.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    unrelated but--

Vancouver 2010 is beating Mass Effect 2? what the fuck England. You hate the Olympics this year.
    Wayne Gretsky and Black Coffee threatened our familys, we- we had no choice brah!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I was just trying to smash the Georgian luger into the barriers....
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.