Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FEAR The Walking Dead - Season 5 discussion...

Super Moderator

UK
    5x11 "You're Still Here" (aired August 25th 2019)

Directed by: K.C. Colwell
    Written by: Mallory Westfall & Alex Delyle

Last week's episode got a LIVE viewing figure of 1.37m.

United States
    Personally I didn't care much for this episode, I felt the acting was sub par and the writing for this episode was terrible.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Super Moderator

UK
    In the immortal words of Neil, this episode was unfortunately a case of: "Oh dear".

United States
    Saw the last two episodes and nothing really great stood out. Don’t tease Madison if your intentions aren’t to bring her back. Can’t believe they did that. And since when and why did Alicia stop killing Walkers? Wtf.

Is Morgan really dying? That can’t be the swerve can it? Oh boy.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    5x12 "Ner Tamid" (aired September 1st 2019)

Directed by: Michael E. Satrazemis
    Written by: Andrew Chambliss & Ian Goldberg

Last week's episode got LIVE viewing figures of 1.44m.

United States
    Bottle episodes are strong on this show. Is this season almost over yet? Zero tension whatsoever.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    I enjoyed the ladder sequence, and I also liked the team up of Dwight and Sarah, although it felt like they were plumbing for emotional depths that haven't been earned yet.

Indeed, that's kinda the problem. We've fallen back into that 'split everyone up' thing again, so you can go 2 or 3 weeks without seeing someone (even longer for other characters), and it all feels a bit disjointed. Mind you, it can benefit when there's a character you don't like, so there is that.

The whole thing with Charlie trying to find somewhere for them to stay didn't really feel set-up prior to this, so you're just chucked in, and one thing I'm particular sick of with FearTWD is this airy fairy 'what does it mean?' questing - like that utter tosh with the painted trees and Alicia. It's just irritating and wanky, and you have characters abandoning sense and reason for the pursuit of some ethereal goal (if you could even call it a goal), that doesn't really lead anywhere. It feels like they're trying to force epiphanies onto the characters and it just makes me cringe.

Also: Al and her fucking tapes. For a group so intent on maintaining radio secrecy, they're flying about with cameras taping everything!

United States
    Mama always said "If you don't have anything good to say, then say nothing at all"...so with that I say................
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

United States
    Some good sequences and walkers in this one but I agree with everything you stated, MZ.

Love how Al shows in the Swat van but the actress was never on screen. Bottle episode LOL.

Super Moderator

UK
    5x13 "Leave What You Don't" (aired September 8th 2019)

Directed by: Daisy von Scherler Mayer
    Written by: Ashley Cardiff & Nick Bernardone

Last week's episode got a LIVE viewing figure of 1.14m.

United States
    This episode was a bit better I would say. Some descent action and it somewhat moved the story line forwards. Still not great but a modest improvement.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, a decent episode ... those kids still irritate me, mind. Some good zombie gore effects going on with them falling and going splat, and Sarah got some good stuff to chew into this episode, which was nice.

I don't like this new 'baddie' on the horse, not that I'm really supposed to of course, but that smug arrogance smirk just bugs the hell out of me.

United States
    All I saw was yet another villain group like the Saviors. Their leader def has that annoying look; she was irritating in THE BOYS too.

I really did like Logan, though.

And Sara is pretty awesome. Wendell too.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    All I saw was yet another villain group like the Saviors. Their leader def has that annoying look; she was irritating in THE BOYS too.

I really did like Logan, though.

And Sara is pretty awesome. Wendell too.
    Yeah. I liked that with Logan we actually had a 'villain' go from good guy to bad guy to (briefly) good guy again. Now we've got another snarling, smug-arse villain.

"The Boys"! That's where I recognise that actress from! I was trying to figure it out when I was watching it yesterday. Well that's that mystery solved. *dusts hands*

It was a really good episode for Sarah this one (digging into her regret while she learned to act differently), and I do like her duo with Wendell, and I enjoyed the bit of time we got for her to team up with Dwight as well (even if the closeness was a smidge forced too quick an episode or two back).
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 10-Sep-2019 at 04:24 PM.

United States
    This episode also had what is probably the worst use of the Wilhelm Scream I’ve ever heard on film haha.