Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Dead

United States
    does ayone know where to order this movie from, i've een looking for it for a while.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    You won't find it because it's not been released yet, only shown at a few film festivals. It should be getting a limited theatrical run and a DVD release soon though.

Undisclosed
    I found it online and will watch it in a little while.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I found it online and will watch it in a little while.
    Finally the man who first posted about this movie on hpotd gets to see it! I look forward to your opinion, Slickwilly.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    I forgot to reply to the thread. I really enjoyed the movie and it was a nice change.

Pro: low budget look, no humor, darker tone, nice special effects and gore, unknown actors, no Hollywood crap, no MTV Generation Y crap

Con: zombies with contacts, more gore needed, dumb decisions made, airplane fuel in a truck?, ending

I will add more to this post after I am well rested.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    This is a pretty decent undead movie in the Romero style. I really like everything beyond the first 5 and last 15 minutes of the movie. Budgetary constraints really keep the director from setting up the film and bringing it to an appropriate ending. The pacing, sense of dread and quiet march of the undead is a bit unnerving with the protagonist never really getting a chance to rest or collect his wits. Just a long slow grind on the nerves and stamina. The best scene is when he climbs a tree to sleep, really very creepy.

Undisclosed
    I could not understand why they both decided to sleep on the ground with no alternating night watch. We saw how well that plan worked. I kept thinking to myself, why not find a tree to sleep in? I did like the scene with the zombie soldier getting his head ran over.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I could not understand why they both decided to sleep on the ground with no alternating night watch. We saw how well that plan worked. I kept thinking to myself, why not find a tree to sleep in? I did like the scene with the zombie soldier getting his head ran over.
    Yes... That was a bit of a 'really?' moment wasn't it - ie: The kinda of stupid stuff the characters did every 5mins in the Dawn remake...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    I think they were trying to portray the effect of fatigue on decision making and the error of relaxing in the company of others no matter how competent.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Yes... That was a bit of a 'really?' moment wasn't it - ie: The kinda of stupid stuff the characters did every 5mins in the Dawn remake...
    Or checking your blood pressure in the Dawn '78? "L"

@ rg, "the tin can tied to some twine trick" didn't work. I would rather risk sleeping in or under the truck if I could not find a tree.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rgc2005 View Post
    I think they were trying to portray the effect of fatigue on decision making and the error of relaxing in the company of others no matter how competent.
    Hmmm...that might be the first somewhat plausible explanation I've heard for that scene, which was perhaps one of the only things that bugged me in an otherwise great film.

Even if that wasn't the intent, I'm sticking with it now.

Fresh Meat

England
    thoroughly enjoyed this movie, loved the slow zombies

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by djboobytrap View Post
    thoroughly enjoyed this movie, loved the slow zombies
    Twas a v.good flick!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    I haven't seen this yet and wanted to give a heads up to my fellow UK posters who haven't seen it either. Its on the Horror Channel on the 27th September at 22:50. I am looking forward to it and it should be a nice warm up for the amazing Walking Dead starting up again.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheZ View Post
    I haven't seen this yet and wanted to give a heads up to my fellow UK posters who haven't seen it either. Its on the Horror Channel on the 27th September at 22:50. I am looking forward to it and it should be a nice warm up for the amazing Walking Dead starting up again.
    UK horror channel?
    -Carl Sagan