Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I am Legend

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I saw an interview with the director in which he says there will be a Director's Cut with more footage. I'll see if I can find it again.
    I found this in one article:-

Lawrence (director): We have about an hour of footage that's not in the movie, there are other things we have with the creatures.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I just looked through the graphic novel (in other words, comic book) adaptation.

Awesome; it's basically the original book word-for-word, just in panel-and-speech bubble form, illustrated.

Fans should grab a copy.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That extra hour of footage has got to be what explains the leader, why he's smarter, and all that. It will probably tie up most of the questions of the film and use a better ending.

Administrator

England
    That extra hour of footage has got to be what explains the leader, why he's smarter, and all that. It will probably tie up most of the questions of the film and use a better ending.
    God I hope so...

Hopefully it'll also (**SPOILER**) explain why the virus:-
    a) Mutates the bone structure of their jaws
    b) Makes them scream like Godzilla
    c) Gives them super human power
    d) But makes them super dumb

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    1) Why did he spray water(?) over his front door step?
    2) What exactly were those infected doing in that dark room? They seemed to be just standing in a circle shuffling slightly?
    3) Why did he keep covering his torch up at times in those dark rooms?
    1)I thought it was one of two things: Vinegar (To cover his scent) or Lighter Fluid (in case they got close at night, I was thinking NOTLD on that one.)

2) Seemed like some form of resting during the day. It definitely added a creepiness factor though.

3)I figured he just did that to attempt to hide his presence to any of the things that may have been awake and looking.

At any rate, I really enjoyed this film, and I'm glad I decided not to listen to many of the bad reviews that I read. Although I was a bit dissatisfied with the CGI infected (as it seems, many of you were), I was able to look past this.

I'm definitely picking this one up on DVD! I hope it does have an extended cut, because this movie definitely could have been longer and held my interest.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Maitreya View Post
    1)I thought it was one of two things: Vinegar (To cover his scent) or Lighter Fluid (in case they got close at night, I was thinking NOTLD on that one.)

2) Seemed like some form of resting during the day. It definitely added a creepiness factor though.

3)I figured he just did that to attempt to hide his presence to any of the things that may have been awake and looking.

At any rate, I really enjoyed this film, and I'm glad I decided not to listen to many of the bad reviews that I read. Although I was a bit dissatisfied with the CGI infected (as it seems, many of you were), I was able to look past this.

I'm definitely picking this one up on DVD! I hope it does have an extended cut, because this movie definitely could have been longer and held my interest.
    *spoiler*

There did seem to be a big hole in the fact the 'lead infected' could make that incredibly complicated trap... And Neville never seemed to mention it, and the script never seemed to explain it.
    -Carl Sagan

Canada
    i figured it was gas, just in case someone came a knockin and he felt like having a bbq.

I say it again, Will Smith was the reason I liked the film so much movie.

and the ending wasn't all bad, the best part was when he said

"I just started to listen.."
    or something along those lines, then he head butts the glass and gets a massive killing spree/kill from the grave with his plasma grenade. Brutes never knew what was coming to em.

**** I ment infected.

United States
    *spoiler*

There did seem to be a big hole in the fact the 'lead infected' could make that incredibly complicated trap... And Neville never seemed to mention it, and the script never seemed to explain it.
    I realize that it was somewhat of an unexplained portion of the movie, but I simply took it in stride.

The darkseekers were simply advancing mentally, and in my mind that needed no explanation, as I've seen the "stupid creatures getting smart" story explained enough times that I as a viewer don't need it spoonfed to me. Neville realized what had happened to him the instant he woke up, he realized the folly of his own carelessness and feelings of invincibility during the daytime and ultimately suffered the consequences of underestimating the darkseekers.

But then again, that's just me. It's only my opinion.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Administrator

England
    *minor spoilers*

Another little thing... When he was taken home, how did the infected find him?
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    *minor spoilers*

Another little thing... When he was taken home, how did the infected find him?

They followed the car. The next night when he hears the infected coming towards his house, he asks the girl if she waited until daylight to bring him home. She says no, so Neville knows that the darkseekers followed them and waited until the next night.

Administrator

England

They followed the car. The next night when he hears the infected coming towards his house, he asks the girl if she waited until daylight to bring him home. She says no, so Neville knows that the darkseekers followed them and waited until the next night.
    That makes sense... But...

Why didn't they folllow him home the time he was injured (after escaping from their trap)? The sun had set by the time he got in his car.

Also, I wonder how on earth she fought them all off his car to save him?
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

It's been a while now since I've seen it, so it's getting a bit blurry.....but didn't he make it home before dark to put his dog down? Then the next day he broke down in the video store and decided to let them kill him at the dock that night?

And I think the girl got them off of his car with large lights....right?..

Administrator

England

It's been a while now since I've seen it, so it's getting a bit blurry.....but didn't he make it home before dark to put his dog down? Then the next day he broke down in the video store and decided to let them kill him at the dock that night?

And I think the girl got them off of his car with large lights....right?..

If you recall, the infected dogs couldn't get to him/them, but then the sun finally set so the dogs could attack them. So surely if the infect dogs were safe, so were the infect humans?

Large lights? Didn't help his house much... Why a car?
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

I thought it was dusk and the dogs got to him because the sun set behind a large building? I didn't think the sun had officially gone down yet.

As far as the lights not helping his house but saving him at the dock.....what can I say? The film definitely had some faults.

This whole thread should have a spoiler warning. I'm getting tired of adding on the spoiler tags.

Administrator

England

Booooo!
    -Carl Sagan