Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 5 - News

Canada
    I got killed by the big son of a bitch with an axe because i couldn't run away...seriously, I couldn't turn quick enough to change my angle and gun for it...

and the AI sucks, as I only recall one time I was attacked by the 'ganados'. Most seemed complacent enough to walk into me continuously. maybe the developers are pushing for a new monster image: 'Tyrone the passive aggressive Ganado. He looks mean, but just does it to scare you off. If that doesn't work, he'll keep walking into you, shoving you away.'

Good job Capcom, you've made me facepalm at your monsters, not run away with s*it running down my legs...

Like those goddamn crimson heads in the remake of one....

Undisclosed
    You can do a quick 180 degree turn.

Canada
    i know, but it didn't work..brought me to face a wall

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    k, so just for shits and giggles i downloaded the demo on my ps3 as well and gave that a go and boy was i surprised.

- better frame rate makes for a much smoother picture.
    controls exactly like 4 did on the ps2 and gamecube AKA, it controls smoothly and much better than the slow tank controls for the 360 demo.
    ammo was more plentiful.
    as were enemies.
    in the second portion there were men perched on the roofs throwing molotovs who, when killed, would erupt into larger versions of the flying b.o.w's that attack the chopper at the start.
    enemies were faster and worked in a group more to flank you but dodged less than in the 360 demo.
    shivas a.i was vastly smarter, conserving ammo, switching weapons when the situation dictated, and not taking the ammo for a weapon only chris had
    ...curiously, more of the african cahracter models than the chinese and "white guy" ones from the 360 version

overall this controlled exactly like resident evil 4. the gameplay was fast and fluid and very exciting. it still wasn't as fun as 4 was but i liked this a lot more than the 360 demo. which seemed to be more like a rushed port in feel and execution in a comparison of the two.

honestly im getting the ps3 version if i get either based on a hands on with both.
    Dude. It's the EXACT SAME demo for both systems. They've got the same 4 control options. The PS3 version has no anti-aliasing (360 has 4xAA). The 360 demo also has better frame rate, it's easy to spot, just run both side by side, load the first level and pan the camera around. It stutters a bit on the PS3. Likewise you can feel it fairly easily when running around, it's not as smooth on PS3. Ammo is in the same places in both versions. There isn't "better AI" in the PS3 version either, as again, it's the exact same game. Same with Sheva, she's has the same AI on 360 and PS3. The 360 version is the lead platform, how can it be a "rushed port"? PS3's textures are considerably more blurry as well:

PS3

You really think the PS3 version looks better? Sometimes I wonder where you come up with your facts.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 04-Feb-2009 at 02:12 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    i know, but it didn't work..brought me to face a wall
    That's funny. *L* It sucks when that happens. You have to be aware of your surroundings.

I will try the PS3 demo later on. The graphics are not too big of a deal, afterall, I grew up during the Atari, 8-bit, and 16-bit eras. I care more about the controls. Which ever one feels best will be the one I purchase.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Dude. It's the EXACT SAME demo for both systems. They've got the same 4 control options. The PS3 version has no anti-aliasing (360 has 4xAA). The 360 demo also has better frame rate, it's easy to spot, just run both side by side, load the first level and pan the camera around. It stutters a bit on the PS3. Likewise you can feel it fairly easily when running around, it's not as smooth on PS3. Ammo is in the same places in both versions. There isn't "better AI" in the PS3 version either, as again, it's the exact same game. Same with Sheva, she's has the same AI on 360 and PS3. The 360 version is the lead platform, how can it be a "rushed port"? PS3's textures are considerably more blurry as well:

PS3

You really think the PS3 version looks better? Sometimes I wonder where you come up with your facts.

damn, your acting a little touchy there. there not "facts" there my experience from playing both, my own opinion. and in my own opinion after experiencing both the ps3 demo was the better one in my book. you obviously don't like that opinion but it doesn't matter anyway because its mine alone.

Undisclosed
    New 360 Elite bundle. I have already ordered one and will sell my 20 GB model. Gamestop offered $100 trade in.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6205141...tories;title;4

Undisclosed
    Here's a link of the new bundle opened. Notice the power cord.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/25/m...-red-xbox-360/

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I just reserved my copy this morning. I'll let you guys know how it plays next weekend, after I'ved logged atleast 10 hours on it.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    I lost the links, but last night I found 2 pics for 2 enemies for RE 5. They are from past games.

Licker and Chimera

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    New 360 Elite bundle. I have already ordered one and will sell my 20 GB model. Gamestop offered $100 trade in.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6205141...tories;title;4
    yeah my 360 rrod' last year adn it gets e74 about 10 out of 14 times it turns on so i think, if the resi bundle comes out ill grab it.

BUT!- i have ordered the american resi 5 speical edition on ps3 (the ps3 american resi 5 will play on my uk ps3 apparently) for the swank ass tricel bag and stuff.

all we get is a snowglobe full of sand.

really.

Canada
    so, i played the demo again, and watched those..real life short movie things about Chris after the ki-jub-jub incident, or whatever the hell it is called.

I REALLY REALLY want to buy this game..if anything just to know why he is so fucked up after, and you gotta admit, those game trailers and videos make it look like its gonna be god damned epic.

I retract the bad things I've said thus far, and am going to wait til after I play the actual game.

United States
    well, i don't take back any of my bad things i've said about the game.

it's not just the controls and sluggishness of the demo i don't like, it's the entire direction the series has taken. previous posts of mine go into further detail...

but yeah, i'm steering clear of this one.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    well, i don't take back any of my bad things i've said about the game.

it's not just the controls and sluggishness of the demo i don't like, it's the entire direction the series has taken. previous posts of mine go into further detail...

but yeah, i'm steering clear of this one.
    i just hope this one doesn't involve running from a 30 foot tall statue of a midget dressed like napoleon....

United States
    ^

it's like Three-Dog from Fallout3 says...."i couldn't make this shit up!"

sadly, somebody does. and probably gets paid very handsomely for fucking up a great video game series.