Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The game I've been writing for the last year will be announced today!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Don't know if these details have been posted before or if you guys have seen this already.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...5_Details.html
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Well if Resident Evil qualifies, then surely Silent Hill does?!

It's the same style of game, regardless of psychological impact.

*senses hellsing stomping in after spoodging over Guitar Hero 3 deets online ... scurries off behind a sofa*
    actually ive been spoogin' over elite beat agents today, standing with a group of download lovin' folks and playing a rythm game that includes, sk8ter boi, y.m.c.a and material girl gets you funny looks but its almsot as addictive as guitar hero 2.

...almost.

and there both survival horror, ones pyschological, ones action.
    i was shakin' my ehad at the fact you dont play em.

thats just wrong.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    and there both survival horror, ones pyschological, ones action.
    i was shakin' my ehad at the fact you dont play em.

thats just wrong.
    At last !! We agree on something in this thread !! I too find it odd that someone who loves zombies and gore so much hasn't indulged themselves in 2 of the best franchises around whenit comes to things like that.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    hence the bobblehead-shakyness.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    hence the bobblehead-shakyness.
    Damn you brits. Only you guys get to use words like hence and still sound fooking cool.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    that we do, a few others i prefer are:

bollox
    bloody hell fire
    ****in' nora
    "tight as a camels arse in a sandstorm"
    and "it shat me right up"
    oh and bugger, thats a general all purpose curseword though.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    that we do, a few others i prefer are:

bollox
    bloody hell fire
    ****in' nora
    "tight as a camels arse in a sandstorm"
    and "it shat me right up"
    oh and bugger, thats a general all purpose curseword though.
    What does bollox mean anyway? I have an idea but i heard it used a ton in v for vendetta.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    balls
    nuts
    cajone's
    the ole' tenis ball/tubesock combo

TESTICLES!

Super Moderator

UK
    I don't play survival horror games as I don't dig their physical construction, the camera position is annoying, running up and down pre-set-camera-angled corridors, meh.

I've played some Resi in my time, just not my sort of game, purely down to style, rather than content. I played about half of Cold Fear, I just had to keep him locked in over-the-shoulder-gun-mode to navigate around, anything else was piss-annoying.

Gimme third or first person - that's what I want!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't play survival horror games as I don't dig their physical construction, the camera position is annoying, running up and down pre-set-camera-angled corridors, meh.
    That's a commen complaint among those who are not totally in love with the series.Others are the inventoy, save systems and item boxes, which as you can see were remedies with the last installment. I look for some improvements along those lines to happen in sh5 as well. While that's sure to anger some purists it is for the overall benefit of the game as it will appeal to more people.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, the inventory/save system thing also bugged the piss out of me too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, the inventory/save system thing also bugged the piss out of me too.
    They used to call those the magic boxes (my ex girlfriend had one of those) Seriously, how are you going to put an item in a box in one end of the mansion and have it miraculously appear in a box on the opposite side of the house? I know this is sci fi and all but that's pushing it. And what the hell does a typwriter and ribbon have to do with saving progress?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    thats why i liked the very underrated resi 0, just drop an item on the floor, and it stays there, get this, UNTIL YOU GO BACK TO PICK IT UP!

truly we have entered an age of unparraleld virtual reality

capncnut
    thats why i liked the very underrated resi 0, just drop an item on the floor, and it stays there, get this, UNTIL YOU GO BACK TO PICK IT UP!
    A lot of folks thought it was problematic to leave stuff but I found it more logical. Is it underrated? Everyone I know thinks RE0 is the shiznit!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    in all the major survival horror forums its considered lower than alone in the dark 4, though i liked that too so no accounting for taste huh?.
    i think of lot of people jsut hated the plot ,especially the ending "oh so i explored a monster filled mansion only to escape adn find yet ANOTHER identical monster filled mansion only yards away"