Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I still havent seen it

Banned User

United States
    Not true at all....
    No offense, bassman...but that honestly sounds like whistling past a graveyard.

One thing I've noticed throughout this entire Dead crisis is that the guys that hated Land are able to give a thousand valid reasons why it was a bad movie, and that the supporters are defending it just because it's a GAR flick...without giving many (if any) reasons why it's supposedly a quality installment. Usually, when the "fans" come out to support Land, what I'm seeing is a move similar to yours (people just saying "that's not true" or "there's nothing wrong with that flick"), or the person submitting the negative review flamed or just ignored altogether.

Give us some reasons why you feel that sentiment is in error.
    Last edited by Svengoolie; 31-Mar-2006 at 02:13 PM.

Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    Not true at all....

Its Super true.

They're back...They're Hungry...And they're NOT vegetarian.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've given my reasons, as well have others around here. No point in doing it again....search around the board if you really want to know.

But I give you my word that I don't enjoy the film simply because it's Romero's. That really means nothing to me. It's just a matter of opinion(again)

But really, do you guys have nothing better to do than come here and rag on people that enjoy a movie that you don't? Go watch Dawn04 and be happy. I'll go watch Land and be happy. Problem solved. This is no big deal...
    Last edited by bassman; 31-Mar-2006 at 02:21 PM.

Banned User

United States
    I've given my reasons, as well have others around here. No point in doing it again....search around the board if you really want to know.

But I give you my word that I don't enjoy the film simply because it's Romero's. That really means nothing to me. It's just a matter of opinion(again)
    Come on, now...it's stuff like this that a discussion board is for!

Oh, well...the Prosecution rests, Your Honor.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    True, this is what a message board is for. But It's been done to death.(no pun intended)

Because you're new around here, I'll help you out. In the top right corner of your screen you will see a word that says "Search". Click on it and then look for the answers that you want(and that have been given numerous times).

That's all for my HPotD Lessons today

Banned User

United States
    But really, do you guys have nothing better to do than come here and rag on people that enjoy a movie that you don't? Go watch Dawn04 and be happy. I'll go watch Land and be happy. Problem solved. This is no big deal...
    Ahh...you slipped that last bit on while I was responding!

Once again--that's unnecessarily rude.

Do we have nothing better to do than come here and rag on people that enjoy a movie that we don't?

Well, my response to that is:

Do YOU people have nothing better to do than come here and rag on people that hate a movie that you don't?

No one's ragging on anybody. We're having a discussion...and this side has been decidedly non-personal in this difference of opinion. I wish we could say the same for the Land supporters.

Now, since I guess you must be an old hand around here, I'll help you out. If what we're saying somehow threatens you, or your opinions of the films, go to your User CP and add us to your "Ignore" list. That way you won't have to be bothered, anymore.

That's all for my HPotD Lessons today

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Alright, buddy....whatever you say.

Sweden
    When theres no more responses left to give, the "whatever" will haunt the board.
    They're back...They're Hungry...And they're NOT vegetarian.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trioxin245
    When theres no more responses left to give, the "whatever" will haunt the board.

Undisclosed

Regarding Land

First off, I did enjoy Dawn '04, but Day and Dawn '78 are still the masterworks in my book.

Here's my biggest problem with Land: It felt forced.

Romero has said in many interviews that he's proud of the fact that his films reflect a criticism of the culture/time when they were released. Much has been made of the rampant anti-consumerism in Dawn '78 and the bleak, anti-authority/anti-military perspective of Day. In Land it seems that GAR was trying to say something about the ever-widening gap between the "haves" and the "have-nots" and the destructive effect of that our focus on the accumulation of wealth has on society.

As many have pointed out, the focus on money in Land was ridiculously distracting. It just strains credibility well beyond the breaking point that paper money (or gold, gems, and jewelry for that matter) would have any value in a scenario like the one envisioned in Land.

Likewise, the whole evolving zombie thing was WAY too heavy-handed. The subtle and philosophical "we're them and they're us" perspective from the prior films was bowled over by Big Daddy's yodeling ascent to sentience. The whole idea is just stupid.

I still love GAR and his trilogy.

~panic