Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TWD 2x04 "Cherokee Rose" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Some issues I had with this episode:
    - after all that fuzz concerning the (ab)use of firearms being to noisy I found the approach of the RV and, especially, Daryl's bike as they rode up to the farm quite, well, noisy. You can hear these guys coming from miles away...
    Mostly agree, but if the noise of their moving vehicles were to attract zeds, they would've had a rock concert full of the buggers following them since season 1.
    - Water shortage? Really? After that creek in the forest and the supplies they stumbled upon in episode 1?...
    A person needs like a gallon of water each day, and cannot live more than 3 days without. Creek water would need to be decontaminated (you never know what's sitting in the water upstream).

- The people in the farm like to have the lights on at night while leaving the drapes open AND having little to no people actually guarding the place? There can be a frightnening shortage of 'dread' in the series....
    Absolutely agree. I brought that same point up earlier.

- The love triangle ... predictable and very, very boring. C'mon, this is starting to look like Sawyer, Jack and Kate from Lost....
    Absolutely agree again. I couldn't care less about the love triangle sub-plot and also the "where's Sophia" sub-plot. More zed fighting action scenes please.

I might be looking too far into Daryl's injury in the next episode, but if he was injured by one of his arrows after falling off the horse AND it was one of the arrows re-used from a previous zombie killing, will he risk being infected from the dried zed blood?

"I don't know, Davey! God's not going to like this!" -Goliath
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 08-Nov-2011 at 05:55 PM. Reason: ed
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

England
    The well scene was totally for the gag and i loved it even though they said they had 5 of them

On a side note: Does anyone else remember seeing helicopters in a short "coming this season on TWD" clip at the end of the premiere?
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    On a side note: Does anyone else remember seeing helicopters in a short "coming this season on TWD" clip at the end of the premiere?
    Yeah, I remember that. Looking closely at that clip, I believe it's a flashback to the night Shane, Lori, and Carl are heading into Atlanta.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Yeah, I remember that. Looking closely at that clip, I believe it's a flashback to the night Shane, Lori, and Carl are heading into Atlanta.
    Hmmm. Interesting. I would love to see some footage DURING the breakdown of society. Its one of my favourite elements of the genre. They could do it all cgi as well. While we at it, i want to see an episode dedicated to Morgan and Duane only. A day in the life of the pair. Shit. Why not a day in the life of a zombie christmas special, a bit like the Lower Decks episode in TNG. Its a tv show. They can do this stuff. Right?

Last edited by kidgloves; 08-Nov-2011 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Disgusting gif added

MY HOME CINEMA

Chasing Prey

Canada
    all im saying is maggie basically said no condoms and its a one time thing.............did glenn knock her up?

Being Attacked

United States
    All in all I enjoyed the episode, maybe not nearly as much as some of the more action, scare packed others but hey its still TWD, and since I have read and loved the comics its is enjoyable to see some of the familiar storylines setting themselves up. Loved how simultaneously nerdy and badass Glenn was in this one, he is doing a wonderful job of portraying the role. Made me wish it was a showtime series for Maggie's line tho, I loved the out of the blue "I'll fuck you" from the comic, "I'll have sex with you" as they had to do it for AMC was ok but missed a little bit of the "wait. what?" factor.

As for the well, I wondered if they were seriously thinking of drinking the water if they had been able to get the zombie out rel. intact? How could you test it to see if it was safe? Let someone drink it and see if he dies? And while not a water table expert by any means, isnt it quite possible that some of the wells on the property are actually inter-connected below ground? And yes the way they went about it was clearly asinine but it was also clearly to set up two moments, the first when they decided to use human bait and everyone turned to look at Glenn immediately, and the second when the zombie split.

I have a real problem with how secure everyone feels at the farm, obv there are some reveals to come,

"no, you shouldnt camp over by the barn...."
    , but still they are WAY too comfortable, again no real gaurds posted or walking the perimiter. If it really was that safe, which I cant see as being possible but still if it was, then there is NO WAY IN HELL I am leaving again. If Herschel doesnt like it I would remind him just exactly who has all the guns here, not to mention the men trained to use them. Not saying I would steal their farm or anything but we arent going back out into the deadly world. They can coexist and we would help them to keep it safe.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 08-Nov-2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: added a spoiler tag.

Super Moderator

United States
    Mpokera, I just added a spoiler tag around a detail in your above post that is possibly relevant to the future plot, per the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by mpokera View Post
    there is NO WAY IN HELL I am leaving again. If Herschel doesnt like it I would remind him just exactly who has all the guns here, not to mention the men trained to use them. Not saying I would steal their farm or anything but we arent going back out into the deadly world. They can coexist and we would help them to keep it safe.
    Yes, and they would just need to give you a big hat and call you President for Life.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Quote Originally Posted by mpokera View Post
    If it really was that safe, which I cant see as being possible but still if it was, then there is NO WAY IN HELL I am leaving again. If Herschel doesnt like it I would remind him just exactly who has all the guns here, not to mention the men trained to use them. Not saying I would steal their farm or anything but we arent going back out into the deadly world. They can coexist and we would help them to keep it safe.
    Forcing yourself onto somebodys property is not "coexisting" it's taking over. More like the actions of the biker gang from Dawn than anybody I'm gonna be rooting for after zombiegeddon.

If Herschels farm is safe, there is no reason why the survivors couldn't just find another tract of land like it, America is a huge fucking country with thousands of places like that.

Seriously though, if our surviors start acting like that as a whole group, I'll be rooting for them all to get shredded by the next herd.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Being Attacked

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Forcing yourself onto somebodys property is not "coexisting" it's taking over. More like the actions of the biker gang from Dawn than anybody I'm gonna be rooting for after zombiegeddon.

If Herschels farm is safe, there is no reason why the survivors couldn't just find another tract of land like it, America is a huge fucking country with thousands of places like that.

Seriously though, if our surviors start acting like that as a whole group, I'll be rooting for them all to get shredded by the next herd.
    I get all that, I really do, I am just saying, put yourself in their place. The horriffic struggle they have just been through, losing people right and left, and then the herd. Then all of a sudden they are in a place that at least 'seems' to be safe. They can take a breath and not constantly worry about being killed and eaten at every second. How hard would it be to even think about leaving? And btw the comparison to the bikers from Dawn is completely unfair, they were destroying everything and would have obv killed the others. That is a long, long way from saying 'we will stay and help everyone to be even safer, not taking over, just not leaving"

-- -------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Mpokera, I just added a spoiler tag around a detail in your above post that is possibly relevant to the future plot, per the comic.
    My bad, didnt think it was a spoiler as it was actually a direct quote from the episode, but I can see what you mean because of foreshadowing by emphasis. I stand corrected.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Very boring episode. The big climax at the end was something that was hinted at in the season 1 finale and was no surprise at all. The character development seemed a bit strained. I thought Shane had gone off the deep end at the end of Ep. 3 but he seems completely back to normal now? Disappointing. About the only moment that saved it was the well zombie falling apart, that was awesome. For those that have read the comic book, they should have sped this episode up. They could have gone through the whole Hershel farm sequence in this one episode rather than dragging it like they are.

And would it kill them to cgi in some zombie hordes in the distance here and there? Again, the threat is starting to feel a bit too mild.
    Last edited by Gemini; 09-Nov-2011 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Cuz

Norway
    The best thing about Hershels place is that Hershel is there, someone who knows whats he is doing both when fixing people, talking to people and toiling the land, something everybody needs to start thinking about since canned goods are not going to last their lifetime.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    the only issue thus far that i have with this series is occurring right now:

i think it would be awesome if the farm that they are currently on had all their pet zombies over by the barn like in the comic.im sure our hero wouldnt be so certain about wanting to stay longer at the farm if the family had a barn full of dead family and freinds. but i know its made for the general population and hasta be made on a different story plane.

still an awesome series.

Spoiler tags added by mod. Please see note on TWD related spoilers here.

England
    [QUOTE=corpsefan;274343]the only issue thus far that i have with this series is occurring right now:

i think it would be awesome if the farm that they are currently on had all their pet zombies over by the barn like in the comic.im sure our hero wouldnt be so certain about wanting to stay longer at the farm if the family had a barn full of dead family and freinds. but i know its made for the general population and hasta be made on a different story plane.

still an awesome series.

You may well get your wish my friend.

A big clue from the last episode.

Welcome
    Last edited by kidgloves; 09-Nov-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: .

MY HOME CINEMA

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by corpsefan View Post
    the only issue thus far that i have with this series is occurring right now:

still an awesome series.
    Spoiler tags added by mod. Please see note on TWD related spoilers here.
    I'll be kind of dissapointed if that doesn't turn out to be the case. They can't just continue to throw inter-personal drama around and not include some of the larger scale situations.

Alright now, what if:

Maggie intentionally told them to use the well with the zombie in it in order to infect them? For some crazy reason, like maybe Herschel feels like he's "Noah" and has his family convinced they need to repopulate the earth and purge it of the remains of it's past evils? This would explain this overwhelming religious theme going on right now, that could be why Maggie was so eager to fuck Glenn and says it's a 1 time thing , and why Herschel says something like "they won't be around here forever". Sophia could be being kept by Herschel or someone else at the farm for the same reason. Which could have something to do with the reaction Herschel had when Maggie asked what they would tell Carol if they found out Sophia had been bit. Maybe she was bitten, and she's being kept in the barn with the other dead folks? Or maybe she's being kept hidden to be used in the repopulation scheme? It would make sense with other things too. Like the bell from the church, and the way the walkers were just sitting in there, his request that all the guns be handed over, his talks with Rick. Herschel is trying to kill the adults and keep the children!! This could also explain the mysterious dead bodies in all the cars on the highway...

I'm thinking of the ways they're trying to change up the story. They're including details and other tidbits from the comics, but throwing in these extensive story arcs to keep it fresh.
    They're propping up Shane to be the "anti-hero" of the group because he's the only 1 capable of dealing with the difficult decisions that will soon have to be made.
    Last edited by babomb; 10-Nov-2011 at 01:31 AM. Reason: more thoughts came to mind

United States

*gasp* That honkey has my belt! Scandalized!

But seriously, yeah, this episode. Man..I just don't know..it wasn't horrible, but this Sophia situation has GOT to be resolved. I'd consider myself a pretty warm hearted person, but even I'm burned out on this plotline. I realize it's only a few days in the show, but it's been going on weeks now, and I'm more than ready to resolve this thing and move on.

I'm presuming we won't be seeing Wiltshire Estates in the show, as they've already passed that part by from the comics. Although, we still don't have Tyreese and his baggage, so I dunno. Mebbe they'll have him appear and he's already with Michonne, thereby avoiding the awkward love triangle with them and Carol?

As for Merle..eh..I was fine and dandy leaving him behind with only mentions of him. Now that he's coming back, I presume it'll be for a purpose. And I hope that he's taken care of permanently and not..well..

given his own town to run.
    Last edited by childofgilead; 10-Nov-2011 at 02:05 AM. Reason: darn you spoiler tags!
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los