Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Total Recall (film) remake...

Super Moderator

United States
    I'm not going to get too upset in the Total Recall thread about someone stealing a a story element and then running with it. I mean it worked out okay when the original Total Recall did it to PKD, maybe it will work out even better this time.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ You sure Mars isn't involved?!
    Yeah, they've already confirmed that Mars isn't involved in the story. Doesn't make a difference, imo. The mars thing would probably come off just as cheesy as Verhoeven's film, anyway. They say this one is sticking closer to We Can Remember It For You Wholesale, so that's a good start.

Even if the film is decent people are going to hate it anyway. The guy already "ruined" Die Hard 4 for a lot of people, so I expect to hear the same complaints with this one.

Administrator

England
    Plot summary - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Read-...ake-28874.html

Total Recall is an action thriller about reality and memory, inspired anew by the famous short story “We Can Remember It For You Wholesale” by Philip K. Dick. Welcome to Rekall, the company that can turn your dreams into real memories. For a factory worker named Douglas Quaid (Colin Farrell), even though he's got a beautiful wife (Kate Beckinsale) who he loves, the mind-trip sounds like the perfect vacation from his frustrating life - real memories of life as a super-spy might be just what he needs. But when the procedure goes horribly wrong, Quaid becomes a hunted man. Finding himself on the run from the police – controlled by Chancellor Cohaagen (Bryan Cranston), the leader of the free world – Quaid teams up with a rebel fighter (Jessica Biel) to find the head of the underground resistance (Bill Nighy) and stop Cohaagen. The line between fantasy and reality gets blurred and the fate of his world hangs in the balance as Quaid discovers his true identity, his true love, and his true fate.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ugh, i'm getting sick of these teasers promoting the release of trailers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z4Z-E-Mxbo

Looks interesting enough.
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Mar-2012 at 04:37 PM. Reason: .

United States
    A teaser trailer promoting the release of a trailer?! WTF?!

Please tell me this isn't the "norm" now... I have to admit, it's the first time I've ever seen a trailer promoting the world premiere of another trailer.

*confused*

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    A teaser trailer promoting the release of a trailer?! WTF?!

Please tell me this isn't the "norm" now...
    This is to notify you of a response to be given at a future date to your above query.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Interesting to finally see a snifter of footage, but agree on this trailer-for-a-trailer thing. It worked for Prometheus, which is something a lot of people are very excited about - not just another movie among many - and it has always been shrouded in secrecy, so it plays into that whole vibe. A new version of Total Recall, however, is not befitting of trailers-for-a-trailer.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    This is to notify you of a response to be given at a future date to your above query.

Smartass!

United States
    Colin Farrell is in it? Hope he doesn't ruin it like Fright Night.
    Gonna be hard to top Arnie/Stone.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Banner:

From the few shots we've seen, I like the look of the cities. It reminds me of a slightly cleaner version of Blade Runner.

Has it been mentioned that Bill Nighy is in this as well? My interest keeps rising...
    Last edited by bassman; 28-Mar-2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Hmmm...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I cannot wait for this one! Long overdue a READAPTATION (not a remake)

Anyone notice how the poster looks like the old Megadrive/Genesis game "Flashback: the Quest for Identity" - whcih was loosely based on it really.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    "What is real?"

I keep asking this same question about the last 5 years of movies coming out of "Hollywood"

Ugh.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Trailers up on Apple: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/s...s/totalrecall/

There are youtube links as well, but Sony is busy taking them down as fast as they arrive. Apparently more exposure is something they DONT want....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Trailers up on Apple: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/s...s/totalrecall/

There are youtube links as well, but Sony is busy taking them down as fast as they arrive. Apparently more exposure is something they DONT want....

If the trailer is out there officially, why take it off YouTube?! Sometimes these studios make no ruddy sense at all...