Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: one's in jail?

United States
    They must all be destroyed.

They have no use to your group; they couldn't even handle regular society, so they sure as hell won't be team players when there are no more rules.

With that, you must rid yourselves of the prisoners. Turn them loose? Oh, hell no. That will only result in them all getting chewed up by the undead horde. Once that happens, they'll all JOIN those ranks. Not good. You must prevent people from ending up as more zombies.

So, the best course of action is a headshot on each convict.

United States
    Wow, thought I had killed this thread months ago.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Undisclosed

Wink wow!

Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Wow, thought I had killed this thread months ago.
    U? I posted this bastard long time ago and haven't been on here in months, i can't believe its still getting comments!

Cudos for me!!!

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    They must all be destroyed.

They have no use to your group; they couldn't even handle regular society, so they sure as hell won't be team players when there are no more rules.

With that, you must rid yourselves of the prisoners. Turn them loose? Oh, hell no. That will only result in them all getting chewed up by the undead horde. Once that happens, they'll all JOIN those ranks. Not good. You must prevent people from ending up as more zombies.

So, the best course of action is a headshot on each convict.
    in a natural disaster like that in new orleans,all prisoners are set loose if the city sees fit. minimum security prisoners are almost a given otherwise they woulda died in jail

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    U? I posted this bastard long time ago and haven't been on here in months, i can't believe its still getting comments!

Cudos for me!!!
    Yeah, son. You da man !! I haven't been here in a while either. Finals are over though and you guys will be sick of me soon. You know it's feast or famine with me.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Norway
    What the hell is it with all this quasi-quisling-crime-groupie-crap? Are you seriously ganging up on a woman and attacking her because she is afraid she will be murdered, raped and terrorized by a bunch of murderers, rapists and terrorists? The guy who stole a car and or sold a bag of weed are not in the super max security prison. Hell he is probably not in jail at all. Life is not a hollywood movie where every criminal only steal from icky yuppie/racist/the political faction you don't like/your parents/fat/ugly people. Nor are chances very high that they would sacrifice their life for you like they do in the movies. The reason criminal gangs keep getting new recruits is because there are always scum sucking cowards out there who would rather be the bitch of any loser with a weapon and a will to use it rather than standing up for himself, after all if you lick their boots long enough you there might be a chance you will get a poor bastard beneath you in the pecking order. And you would never get that chance if you just hung out with regular folks! Blargh this authoritarian bull**** is making me sick in my stomach!
    Everybody know that if you let hundreds of criminals join your group you will have to accept their lifestyle, so the only one who would join them are people who either secretly or not so secretly desire that lifestyle they have been to afraid of the law to do it before. It is also very noticeable how the veiled death threats and threatening tone came very quickly from the pro criminal camp. The only thing more annoying than a power worshiping moral whore of a semi-facist is a power worshiping moral whore of a semi-facist that hides himself under a thin veneer of political correctness and liberal babble!

United States
    Ok then. . . .
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    in a natural disaster like that in new orleans,all prisoners are set loose if the city sees fit. minimum security prisoners are almost a given otherwise they woulda died in jail
    In a "normal" situation, I would have no issue with that approach. Just let them go, and you're safe. If they get themselves killed out there, no big deal.

But in the "dead" world, it changes: when you let them go, you run the risk of them literally joining the "enemy" ranks. You'd let them go now, just to have a few hundred of them become new zombies banging on the door a week later. And that's the thing the has to be avoided at all costs.

United States
    There are options beyond "kill them all" and "let them loose."

What I believe would happen is that after the fall of society in general - once the prison realized it was on its own - the inmates would be involuntarily commissioned into service keeping the areas around the facility clear of zombies and/or going on scavenging runs outside. They'd be issued weapons as necessary for close combat with zombies (blunt melee weapons) and they'd be given the most dangerous and/or unenviable tasks. Entering unsecured buildings, exploring surrounding areas, transporting supplies, etc. The guards would oversee the operations from a relative position of safety. Inmates that got out of line or were habitual trouble makers would be given progressively more dangerous tasks as an example to others.

Prisons make the inmates work. The post-zombie prison would be no different.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    There are options beyond "kill them all" and "let them loose."

What I believe would happen is that after the fall of society in general - once the prison realized it was on its own - the inmates would be involuntarily commissioned into service keeping the areas around the facility clear of zombies and/or going on scavenging runs outside. They'd be issued weapons as necessary for close combat with zombies (blunt melee weapons) and they'd be given the most dangerous and/or unenviable tasks. Entering unsecured buildings, exploring surrounding areas, transporting supplies, etc. The guards would oversee the operations from a relative position of safety. Inmates that got out of line or were habitual trouble makers would be given progressively more dangerous tasks as an example to others.

Prisons make the inmates work. The post-zombie prison would be no different.

Maybe in fantasy land, I hope you're dealing with a minumum security prison or maybe one of those golf course resort type prisons. Even then, I wouldn't trust those guys completely.
    Last edited by jim102016; 02-Jan-2008 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Ok then. . . .

I know right !! I want him to Tell us how he really feels. LOL.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    Maybe in fantasy land, I hope you're dealing with a minumum security prison or maybe one of those golf course resort type prisons. Even then, I wouldn't trust those guys completely.
    Who said anything about trust? Prisons have made inmates work for centuries both inside outside of the prison walls. It isn't about trust. It's about control. Chain gangs and forced labor camps run rampant through history.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Who said anything about trust? Prisons have made inmates work for centuries both inside outside of the prison walls. It isn't about trust. It's about control. Chain gangs and forced labor camps run rampant through history.

Yes, but you're just one guy with a rifle and a revolver. Forcing hundreds of inmates to do anything will take a LOT more manpower than a survivor of the dead can muster.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    In a "normal" situation, I would have no issue with that approach. Just let them go, and you're safe. If they get themselves killed out there, no big deal.

But in the "dead" world, it changes: when you let them go, you run the risk of them literally joining the "enemy" ranks. You'd let them go now, just to have a few hundred of them become new zombies banging on the door a week later. And that's the thing the has to be avoided at all costs.
    i seriously doubt theres any prisoners when martial law is in effect

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    The only thing more annoying than a power worshiping moral whore of a semi-facist is a power worshiping moral whore of a semi-facist that hides himself under a thin veneer of political correctness and liberal babble!
    You should have quit while you were way behind.

Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    i seriously doubt theres any prisoners when martial law is in effect
    That's right because then everyone is a prisoner.