Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Left 4 Dead - Most wanted game of 2008

United Kingdom
    I'm guessing we can all agree this isn't the ideal zombie co-op game, in fact it's nowhere near it for me. However, it looks about the best thing we've seen for a while and will see for a while, so I can't help be excited for it even after I see how fast-paced and 'arcade' it's become.
    Last edited by Craig; 17-Oct-2008 at 03:42 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'd give it a go for sure, but all the zombies run and leap ... so I won't be bothering to buy it, at least for the simple fact I'd have nobody to play with cos I don't have XBL.

I'll stick with "Zombie Uprising" on Saints Row 2.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'll stick with "Zombie Uprising" on Saints Row 2.
    is there a zombie mode on sr2?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'd give it a go for sure, but all the zombies run and leap ...
    Actually, that's not true. I was watching a preview of it earlier and they stated that there are equal parts shamblers to runners.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Actually, that's not true. I was watching a preview of it earlier and they stated that there are equal parts shamblers to runners.
    Got a link to this?

United States
    None of them "leap" except for one of the four boss zombies, which are player controlled.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    is there a zombie mode on sr2?
    In your pad(s), go to your television set and you can press Y or whatever to play a videogame - which is "Zombie Uprising", basically a one-level zone created with the SR2 engine (so it's not like playing a videogame in GTA IV), it's just like using SR2 as you know it but in a secret kind of area set aside specifically for this little zombie game.

Using the chainsaw is great, although BLATANTLY RIPPED OFF from Gears of War, down to the camera angle and blood geiser.

United States
    word on the street is that demo will be made available sometime soon, perhaps early november...i don't understand why they'd not try to release the demo around halloween...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    word on the street is that demo will be made available sometime soon, perhaps early november...i don't understand why they'd not try to release the demo around halloween...
    All I know is I've pre-ordered it, I've now built a machine more than capable of running it... Just give it to me already!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United Kingdom
    Yeah I'm pretty sure a demo has been confirmed for early November, the actual date of the demo will be given out sometime before Halloween I guess...

United States
    L4D is gonna be good times.
    CLICK >>>>>>>>>>>>> for CINEOBSCURE and CINEOBSCURE FORUMS!

United States
    placed my pre-order today, so i'll be one of the lucky ones to play the demo a week before the masses. here's a link to the details:
    http://kotaku.com/5069052/left-4-dea...o-release-date

Super Moderator

UK
    Anyone see that the cover for it in Germany is censored?

Rather than the torn off thumb, or rather the ragged stump where a thumb used to be, in Germany it's smoothed over so it just looks like the thumb is folded behind the palm.

I mean come on Germany, grow a set of nuts.

Administrator

England
    Anyone see that the cover for it in Germany is censored?

Rather than the torn off thumb, or rather the ragged stump where a thumb used to be, in Germany it's smoothed over so it just looks like the thumb is folded behind the palm.

I mean come on Germany, grow a set of nuts.
    Now, if the cover had instead shown a bunch of busty blondes going down on the fingers, that would of course be OK!

BTW MZ! It should play really nicely on my Q6600 quad core processor running at 3.2hgz with 4gig of 1066mhz ram and a 1gig ATI 4760!
    Last edited by Neil; 30-Oct-2008 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Now, if the cover had instead shown a bunch of busty blondes going down on the fingers, that would of course be OK!

BTW MZ! It should play really nicely on my Q6600 quad core processor running at 3.2hgz with 4gig of 1066mhz ram and a 1gig ATI 4760!
    What'a'ya rubbing it in or something?

I thought you had a HD4870?

I'm just biding my time, waiting for the price to come down a smidge, and then I'll shoot my goo all over a new rig.

*edit*

Hey! I coulda sworn your message was different when I posted, as in not having all that busty blondes sucking on fingers stuff ... either that or my eyes decided not to reveal said titilation...anyway, yes, OF COURSE that'd be alright!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 30-Oct-2008 at 11:03 AM.