Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3 (video game)

United States
    New multilayer trailer, looking unbelievably good:

I came.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh man, Monday is going to feel like an eternity.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Oh man, Monday is going to feel like an eternity.
    They always do, you'll manage

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Well I have faith that you'll change your mind. Especially after you hear how many times I kick Coin and MrClean's asses.
    Hold the phone...

After I get done kicking YOUR teeth in....maybe...just maybe...I'll extend a hand so we can join forces

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Hold the phone...

After I get done kicking YOUR teeth in....maybe...just maybe...I'll extend a hand so we can join forces
    I accept the challenge! Hopefully this time around we can set up private games without needing 8 people.

Anyway, if you guys are looking to join a "clan" (we aren't serious in any way), then you're welcome to use iLL as your clan tag.

United States
    Reviews have hit the web this morning, and BF3 is sitting at 93 on Metacritic. Most criticize the singleplayer as tedious and mediocre, but who buys a Battlefield for singleplayer anyway? 16 hours to go!

England
    Any of you hogs gonna be playing this on the PC then? I cant wait, I bummed the bejesus out of Battlefield 2 years ago, and I've been playing Bad Company 2 a lot over the past 12 months I've noticed the servers have been very busy over the weekend, everyone honing their skills ready to try and rank up as quickly as possible I imagine! I agree the single player isnt really why people buy battlefield games, although it will still be worth a blast through I'm sure, bad Company 2's single player was a fun distraction even if it was just a series of shooting galleries and set pieces. I'm hoping you can play jet missions offline to practice as my flying skills are very rusty, but I was awesome on BF2, used to get no end of abuse for my bombing runs

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    11 hours to go!!! My night class is going to be hell!

For you guys on here with XBL that haven't already added me - my tag is MasterUnholyWar. I'll be on at about 12:20 am.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Reviews have hit the web this morning, and BF3 is sitting at 93 on Metacritic. Most criticize the singleplayer as tedious and mediocre, but who buys a Battlefield for singleplayer anyway? 16 hours to go!
    Erm, me.

Only because I don't do online play. That said, the plots for Bad Company 1 and 2 were fairly generic and boring ... it was just an excuse to blow up buildings and experience some great sound design ... so, BF3, methinks I'll wait until it's properly cheap. I'd imagine it'll be a better SP experience that BC1 and BC2 (although I had fun with both of them regardless), but I ain't splashing out £40 on it - no chance.

England
    I know and understand your reasons for not playing online MZ, but damn its a shame you won't get to experience Battlefield online! A hpotd squad would rule!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Guys, join my platoon: Menudo Death Squad

PS - Game rules.

United States
    I hate to say this but I was struggling a little last night. I think it's just a low level hickup....plus I wasn't use to all the vehicles and snipers

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Has anyone had a real stab at the PC version yet?

How are the connectivity issues? How about in-game bugs? Is the Battlelog still there and does partying up with friends require a 15 minute attempt, adapt, and overcome session?

I had a browse of the forums which are unsurprisingly full of people either complaining about the game, or trying to sort out some sort of networking issue with it - but that's always been the case with BF games. Very poor support IMO, but you also get this when a new COD comes out, so if anyone's played it and has an opinion of the PC version, I'd love to hear what your experiences are. Especially with the gamepad.

Actually fuck it, some gamepad support questions too:

Read that controller vibration doesn't work?
    Gamepad only servers or no? I suspect, no.
    Whilst playing online with a controller, are you getting as destroyed as you'd thought you would or does it hold out enough to actually be playable?
    Do in game options change to controller layout? (ie: press RB to throw grenade rather than "press G to throw grenade")

Also regarding the console versions - how is that all playing out? There's a 2nd disc or something with textures or something? Does 32 players per team seem a bit small on those maps? What about graphically, does it blow compared to the PC captures we've seen the last year or so?
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    I bought it yesterday but due to other commitments & the fact it took an age to install, I only got about 20 mins on it. I liked what I saw, I had a go on Caspian Border and the Seine crossing levels & was impressed by the scale of the maps. It seemed a little disjointed but I think that was down to me rushing to play it before I had to go out, being unsure how the game worked compared to previous ones and trying to work out what the best key bindings were. Graphics wise its very pretty, my PC is happiest running it on all high settings, it stutters a bit if I try it on ultra which I'm guessing is because of my GTX275, from what I've read on the forums its best suited to the 500 series cards but they can drop in price a bit before I go down that route. Anyway it still looks very nice! I'm going to go and have a few hours on it now so I'll be back with further impressions later!

Right then I was playing this until a stupid time in the morning so now feeling knackered at work, but having played all the maps now I have to say its awesome! had some great battles and found the jets suprisingly easy to fly in this one, the destruction is pretty cool, not vastly different to Bad Company 2 but works well. Sound effects are great, really meaty sounding guns and explosions, and some rather nice visual effects. Considering the game has only been out a couple of days I'm suprised how quickly some people have leveled up with rank & weapon unlocks, some of these people must have been playing it non stop since the minute it was released!! I got killed by one guy who had over 800 sniper kills on his record already!! I ranked up a few times last night though & unlocked a few nice gadgets. Cant wait to get home & play a bit more now!

-- -------- Post added 02-Nov-2011 at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was 30-Oct-2011 at 07:10 PM ----------

So is any of you hogs playing this on the PC? My battlelog tag is Trickster1982 if any of you folk fancy teaming up for a few rounds!
    Last edited by Tricky; 31-Oct-2011 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Extra stuff...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Been playing the SHIT out of this. So much fun! I've been involved in some seriously intense and epic battles. Love it when I'm running through the desert toward an M-Com station as I'm watching my teammates have a dogfight against enemy jets, high in the sky above me.

My only wish is that there were more maps. Oh well, Back To Karkand comes out in a few weeks so we'll have 4 more maps to enjoy, and from what I've heard they plan on releasing map packs every few months.