Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3 (video game)

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't get how I've seen so many people say they were finished the game in a ridiculously short amount of time? Obviously they don't know how to play these types of games.

I'm past the 30-hour mark and I know for a fact the game isn't anywhere near done. I'm still running into tons of quests and there is probably still 1/2 of the map that I haven't truly discovered.

United States
    I gots 90 hours DAMN PROUD!!!

I think im also the head on thus board for achievments on this game

United States
    just ordered my copy last night, and today when i got home from work i had an email notifying me that it's already on its way, so i'm pretty effin pumped right now. should be here by wednesday....so until then i'll be watching my new dvds which i've gotten lately (TDK, No Country for Old Men, and There Will Be Blood)

but yeah....i'm pretty excited about this game. been a while since i've gotten really into an RPG (unless you count Castlevania:Symphony of the Night), but this looks like one i can get cozy with this winter.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    just ordered my copy last night, and today when i got home from work i had an email notifying me that it's already on its way, so i'm pretty effin pumped right now. should be here by wednesday....so until then i'll be watching my new dvds which i've gotten lately (TDK, No Country for Old Men, and There Will Be Blood)

but yeah....i'm pretty excited about this game. been a while since i've gotten really into an RPG (unless you count Castlevania:Symphony of the Night), but this looks like one i can get cozy with this winter.
    I know, I don't get it either - not that I've played Fallout 3 yet, but I certainly plan on getting it.

People saying they bashed through it in a few hours just sounds like bullsh*t to me, or clearly they didn't bother investing any effort or time into it whatsoever, and just ignored an absolute shedload of stuff in the game.

Ironically, these sort of people probably moan about games being too short.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I know, I don't get it either - not that I've played Fallout 3 yet, but I certainly plan on getting it.

People saying they bashed through it in a few hours just sounds like bullsh*t to me, or clearly they didn't bother investing any effort or time into it whatsoever, and just ignored an absolute shedload of stuff in the game.

Ironically, these sort of people probably moan about games being too short.
    Basically it IS short if you follow one story strand and don't explore...there's much more to the game but if you just stick to one line of quests you can complete in about 13 hours....beware of that, explore and take your time!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Basically it IS short if you follow one story strand and don't explore...there's much more to the game but if you just stick to one line of quests you can complete in about 13 hours....beware of that, explore and take your time!
    Which is exactly what I did with STALKER:SoC. I did the main story, but did a bunch of side tasks and such, and most importantly - had a right good gawp around the landscape. It took me about 2 or 3 weeks to finish the game's story.

I then went back and replayed it two or three more times ... now though, onwards to STALKER: Clear Sky - woo! (Well, after I've done Crysis and Gears of War 2 that is).

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    aaand gaming elitism rears its ugly head. i think the only one were missing is "well your complaining because you didnt understand it like i do"

we say its short because were are on about the main storyine which is REALLY short, there are 10 locations out of 200 that are relevant to the plot. theres lots more to discover but if you didnt it is real short.

thats not to say its too bad but they should have made it longer for the main questline.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well it's not really elitist of me to say what I've said regardless, but if it is, then surely it's just as elitist for you to moan about the short main storyline.

Although perhaps it was designed more for the side tasks to take more precedence, to inspire more exploration, rather than just barge the main story, even if the main story could have been longer.

So if I'm elitist, then you're covered in jaded juice.

Canada
    I'd rather see Baldurs Gate 3 then Oblivion with guns.

Shame RPGs just aren't as good anymore.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I gots 90 hours DAMN PROUD!!!

I think im also the head on thus board for achievments on this game
    how much you got off of it?

United States
    my copy was sitting on my doorstep when i came home earlier, so i'll be rocking out tonight on that and probably devote most of my free time over the next couple of days off from work to doing loads of exploring.

would like to play right now, but have got to be off to visit my mother, who is having surgery today. sucks cuz the roads are super icy here and the hospital is like an hour away...and my mother is in the hospital over the next couple of days.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 23-Dec-2008 at 05:24 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    my copy was sitting on my doorstep when i came home earlier, so i'll be rocking out tonight on that and probably devote most of my free time over the next couple of days off from work to doing loads of exploring.

would like to play right now, but have got to be off to visit my mother, who is having surgery today. sucks cuz the roads are super icy here and the hospital is like an hour away...and my mother is in the hospital over the next couple of days.
    Well all the best to your Mum, and drive carefully, Sir.

And then have a good time getting into Fallout 3, I myself will be having my own gaming orgy over the next few days, but not on Fallout 3 (yet).

United States
    thanks, mz. she's doing fine, the surgery went well. sucks that she had to have it so close to christmas, but with one of my brothers and his wife expecting a baby and my other brother's wedding both occurring next month, she wants to be all healed up and whatnot by the middle of january. she's gonna have to stay at the hospital a couple of days, but should be back home by week's end.

and the roads are clear now, so now it's time to get my smoke on and submerge myself into a nuclear wasteland.

oh and enjoy your gaming orgy, mz.

will post some impressions of fallout 3 over the next couple of days.

United States
    well, i was really enjoying this game until i experienced the glitch where the right analog stick freezes and you can't look around. very frustrating and i can't seem to find a fix or solution. so i guess i gotta load up my earlier save, which is pretty inconvenient.

very fun and interesting game other than that. i really dug the tutorial. i spent several minutes picking up toys out of the toybox and throwing them at my father. my character right now is a thieving bully with a gun fixation.

United States
    Just wanted to weigh in and say that Fallout rules the open sandbox genre. Having a lot of fun and very little of it has been part of a mission string. A couple of "jump out of your skin" moments when I come around a corner and get surprised by a big mutant, or one of those creepy centaurs.

Especially dig the targeting feature: Eyes melt, skin explodes, everybody dead!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."