Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: TWD 2x02 "Bloodletting" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    MZ. Have you got a PVR? You can still register your support by recording TWD. Just watch it on a Monday like the rest of us Brits
    I do ... so I could do that ... however I do really like having a specific timeslot every week for it. It's all dark outside too ... if I was just going to watch a download it'd be the middle of the day at any old time and the effect would be somewhat lost. It's hard to explain, but it also helps add to the gleeful sense of anticipation ... does any of that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Spot on. If you read the IMDB boards its clearly full of young people who don't get invested in the show from the emotional side. The main complaints are that its slow, no character development and the writing is terrible. I suppose thats how it would come across if you couldn't relate to these people and the absolute nightmare they are going through trying to adjust to the new world. The Rick, Shane and Lori triangle is fascinating to me
    I just don't get where those IMDb posters are coming from - it makes no sense whatsoever - there's a shit-ton of character develpoment, and the writing is pretty darn good, sometimes it's even stellar ... I think these people seem to think "character development" means "Levelling Up Your Mad Zombie Killin' Skillz".

I'd imagine having a kid would make you connect much more to Rick's plight, but then again the acting is so good that I can connect with his plight quite easily - not fully from a personal stand point, but certainly as far as I can from an outsider's perspective ... if that makes sense. Methinks some of these people moaning about the show just want "Resident Evil: The Movie: The TV Series" ...

United States
    What those who might complain that TWD "moves too slow" fail to comprehend is that this is a zombie "series" and not the type of ninety minute zombie film they were used to seeing. Usually, a film has only 90 minutes to introduce its characters, develope the storyline in an interesting way, and conclude its story. As a result, the 90-minute film appears to be "moving faster" and "have more action" as compared to a weekly series with the luxury of time on its side.
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 30-Oct-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: ed
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

United States
    I stopped reading the comment section there, it went down hill as the site gained popularity.
    Last edited by Thorn; 31-Oct-2011 at 02:25 PM. Reason: change

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I stopped reading the comment section there, it went down hill as the site gained popularity.
    Reminds me of how I feel about Kirkman's own boards for TWD and his other comics...ick.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Reminds me of how I feel about Kirkman's own boards for TWD and his other comics...ick.
    Amen to that.

United States
    Anyone else notice the possible nod to Breaking Bad? All the Meth at the bottom of the bag that Daryll pulls out is bright blue. . . .thought that was pretty funny.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I though that was pretty cool they did that.
    Last edited by Mr. Blue; 02-Nov-2011 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Hit the wrong reply button.

England
    Doh, wrong episode thread!
    Last edited by Tricky; 04-Nov-2011 at 11:08 PM. Reason: error