Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises (film)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Looking at the last picture with Oldman.....If they were rolling, I think you might be in the shot.
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Aug-2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Much like they did for The Dark Knight back in December 2007, Warner Brothers will be attaching a 6-7 minute IMAX clip of The Dark Knight Rises to 70MM IMAX prints of Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol this December. Keep in mind that it appears it will only be at 70MM showings and not digital IMAX.

I do want to see the new M:I film and seeing the bank heist from TDK was incredible, but I may just hold off this time around. The first time it was a special treat to see the first ever motion picture filmed with IMAX, so i'm not sure that novelty is really there for this one. No doubt it will be beautiful, though. I still remember gasping at that opening helicopter shot of Gotham. Breathtaking stuff.
    Last edited by bassman; 25-Oct-2011 at 01:31 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    They're already that far along?! Holy crap, I didn't expect a trailer anytime soon, certainly not before the end of the year.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They seem to be on about the same schedule as the last film. Teaser the summer before, Trailer 1 & IMAX scene in December, then of course two more trailers spaced out leading up to the release.

They're almost done filming. They just recently wrapped in Los Angeles, now they have a bit to do in New York and they're done, I believe.
    Last edited by bassman; 25-Oct-2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    New poster. Prepare for awesome...

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1164...ght_rises.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That IS an awesome poster! I'll wait until they release them all to decide, but that one looks like it will be the one to go nicely next to my BB and TDK posters...
    Last edited by bassman; 11-Dec-2011 at 12:02 PM. Reason: .

United States
    As HUGE a batman fan as i am an no matter how hard i try, i can't like these movies. I think it's Bale. Don't get me wrong, TDK was awesome but Bale is like captain bringdown or something.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    As HUGE a batman fan as i am an no matter how hard i try, i can't like these movies. I think it's Bale. Don't get me wrong, TDK was awesome but Bale is like captain bringdown or something.

Super Moderator

United States
    Removed a few hostile posts not conducive to the topic of the thread.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So I've seen the prologue that will be attached to IMAX prints of Mission Impossible 4 and it is pretty damn cool. Without any real spoilers, it opens with Gordon's speech from the end of TDK("I believed in Harvey Dent"), then sweeps into an aerial sequence that serves as the introduction of Bane.

Speaking of Bane, I get the feeling that Tom Hardy has done for Bane what Heath Ledger did for the Joker. He's virtually unrecognizable in the role. He seems like a totally different person. My only complaint is the clarity of his voice. Sometimes it's a bit difficult to understand what he's saying, but this may be fixed before the film's release. His accent is really cool. It's hard to pinpoint what accent it actually is, but i'm relieved he didn't go with the typical "tough guy" voice. It also has a slight mechanical or digital sound to it.

Much like the prologue to TDK, after the scene is over they also show some quick shots from the film. Batman's plane flying through the streets, riots in the streets, quick shots of Catwoman(she looks much better in the film, I thought), Bane and Batman fighting in the snow(WOW), Joseph Gordon Levitt, and a truly EPIC shot of Bane carrying Batman's cowl.

The visual scope of this film is incredible. I don't know how else to describe some of these shots other than "EPIC". Nolan may have really topped the previous two films.

A new trailer will be in theaters with Sherlock Holmes this weekend, btw. Should be online soon. Can't wait to see it.
    Last edited by bassman; 14-Dec-2011 at 01:47 PM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    Aw, you lucky man. Can't wait to see some actual footage. Of all the popcorn directors Nolan is one of my favourites.
    Read about the 'incomprehensible' Bane dialogues somewhere else. IGN if I'm not mistaken.
    Him talking to Batman could be comedy gold.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Can't wait to see some actual footage.
    It's bootleg, but the new trailer has leaked and it gives you a decent idea of what the film looks like....http://www.megavideo.com/?v=Q2NY5HCA

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It's bootleg, but the new trailer has leaked and it gives you a decent idea of what the film looks like....http://www.megavideo.com/?v=Q2NY5HCA
    Cheers!