Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Dredd (film) - Judge Dredd movie

England
    I now have a 3D tv and this is SUPERB on it. SUPERB i tells ya. The slo-mo really drags you into the movie.
    Personally I think this is about as close as we will get to the comic.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I now have a 3D tv and this is SUPERB on it. SUPERB i tells ya. The slo-mo really drags you into the movie.
    Personally I think this is about as close as we will get to the comic.
    Yeah I saw the 3D version at the cinema, it was awesome!

especially the part when Dredd blows the door open on that drugs den & you see it all happen through the eyes of one of the drugged up perps in slow motion, bullets ripping through cheeks and so forth

Administrator

England
    This film needs a bigger/bolder sequel!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    This film needs a bigger/bolder sequel!
    Definitely. I would love to see them out on the streets of Mega City One for the next flick. Obviously it had to be more confined due to the limited budget and staying with the adult rating (quite right), but hopefully it'll do well enough for a budget boosted sequel on a grander scale.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Definitely. I would love to see them out on the streets of Mega City One for the next flick. Obviously it had to be more confined due to the limited budget and staying with the adult rating (quite right), but hopefully it'll do well enough for a budget boosted sequel on a grander scale.
    From what I understand, the profits didn't seem to suggest that was likely though
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    From what I understand, the profits didn't seem to suggest that was likely though
    I read that they sort of expected this and were relying on media sales to push up the profit margin and go for a 2nd movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad you enjoyed it. I almost expect to see "oh dear" when you've seen a movie and post about it.

Regarding the mini guns and damage - they've got the block under total control, they don't need to explain jackshit to anyone. A blunt force tool - a hail of bullets - to try and bring down Dredd. He isn't going to come out into the open, so they've got to trap him in a vicinity, and then decimate that vicinity ... plus it makes Dredd look even more like a double-hard bastard after he survives all that flying lead.
    I love the conclusion of that scene when Dredd strides back out there with Ma-Ma's head honcho...pure Dredd!

Oh, and you didn't slip a "Game On" reference in there did you?
    Last edited by Legion2213; 04-Mar-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Oh, and you didn't slip a "Game On" reference in there did you?
    Not that I'm aware of - I sort of know of the show, but I've never seen it.

Undisclosed
    Ha! Perhaps some justice ...
    Dredd seemingly 'exploded' on the home video market and now this:
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63344

Dredd was a fine example of a comic book adaptation done right. Love that film.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Fingers crossed!
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Toes too.

I don't know anyone who didn't like 'Dredd', at least on some level.

Good news to hear that Urban is game. I hope that the little cutie that played Anderson is up for it as well.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Toes too.

I don't know anyone who didn't like 'Dredd', at least on some level.

Good news to hear that Urban is game. I hope that the little cutie that played Anderson is up for it as well.
    Olivia Thirlby says hi...

I absolutely loved Dredd - never saw it in the cinema, but pre-ordered the Blu-Ray and I've watched it twice so far. It's currently one of the new films on Sky Movies this week and I ended up watching a big chunk of it last night, so it's got that 'suck you in' factor.

It's good to hear that the likes of Urban and Garland are actively pursuing it. Hopefully we fans can get a sequel to it because the movie was feckin' amazing!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 22-Jul-2013 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Moon potatoes! Potatoes on the moon!

Undisclosed
    Online petition by the 2000AD guys and girls. Going strong. Might work?

https://www.facebook.com/MakeADreddSequel
    Last edited by krisvds; 25-Jul-2013 at 06:34 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Olivia Thirlby says hi...
    There is not an inch of that womens body i wouldn't lick

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    There is not an inch of that womens body i wouldn't lick

+1
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

United States
    Finally caught this last night and was so impressed at how they restricted the scope of the film while delivering something so fun and powerful. Very refreshing

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany