Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: DARABONT just axed the entire writing staff for TWD

Twitching

United States
    That's an easy one to answer,
    EVERY damned time someone around here says ANYTHING with even the hint of negative to it, they get pounced on. It's Romero Defensiveness all over again. For God's Sake, some people are going to be irked by some things, while others will be concerned, and still others infuriated. We do have a couple syllables to describe that, and it isn't Ass-hole. Free Speech.

Yes, some people go hog-wild about every little thing. So the "Chicken Little" comments aren't without a certain amount of basis in fact around here. On the other hand, others, including myself, point out things which concern us, obviously demonstrating we CARE about this show, and we're just lumped in with the same Sky-is-falling rhetoric.

It's this kind of thing that acts as a roadblock to real dialog and leads to the flesh, muscle, and guts being beaten from the bones of the dead horse.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Dude...seriously?

Those "chicken shits" started TWD with more episodes than most TV series' get. Usually a pilot episode is ordered and then they judge from there whether or not they want a whole series. So basically we were lucky. Otherwise we'd still be waiting...

They took a tremendous leap of faith on Darabont and company. Jeesh....there's no pleasing some people.
    Bass, my man! Would you be happy with blue balls? lol

I may be a lil spoiled with this series but you really can't blame me, this is the 1st zombie "anything" that i've been jazzed about in a long time! since..."Vanilla Ice" was on the charts! lmao
    I SMELL SOME POO...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    That's an easy one to answer,
    EVERY damned time someone around here says ANYTHING with even the hint of negative to it, they get pounced on. It's Romero Defensiveness all over again. For God's Sake, some people are going to be irked by some things, while others will be concerned, and still others infuriated. We do have a couple syllables to describe that, and it isn't Ass-hole. Free Speech.
    there's a difference between having something negative to say about the show and having something negative to say about the mechanics that go into creating it. You guys are getting in a tiff over silly and unreasonable things. I understand you enjoy this show and want a second season immediately, but you need to be reasonable and think of how these things generally work.

Be concerned, be irked, be defensive - about the show when it airs. Complaining about the second season and the time it takes to get it filmed is just silly. Do some homework before ranting about how they're ruining the series with the seasonal gap that EVERY SINGLE SHOW ON AMC also has.
    Last edited by bassman; 03-Dec-2010 at 08:47 PM. Reason: .

England
    Be thankfull you don't follow SGU, they have a several month break in the middle of the God damn season.

I think we got well spoiled with a six episode "pilot", most shows get 90 minutes and THEN you have to wait a year for the actual show to start proper.

Don't get me wrong, would love to hear that we'd be watching "season 2" within 2 or 3 months, but it's just not to be...I know this about season 2 though..."when they build it, we will come!"
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Be thankfull you don't follow SGU, they have a several month break in the middle of the God damn season.
    This week's cliffhanger piss you off too, huh?
    Last edited by Gryphon; 03-Dec-2010 at 09:23 PM. Reason: :

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    new interview with hurd casts some light on the writer situation. she also mentions that TWD probably won't return until Oct.

Hurd said the Walking Dead will probably return in October. “I think Frank and Robert [Kirkman, writer of the Walking Dead comic and an executive producer on the show] will sit down early next year, to begin mapping it out.” She also confirmed that “every one of the principal cast is signed up for multiple seasons.”
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/12/03/wa...-hurd-writers/
    Last edited by Mike70; 04-Dec-2010 at 02:58 PM. Reason: fc
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

UK
    Further confirmation that all the doomsaying was totally unnecessary.

Can't wait to see the finale! And here's hoping that the DVD/BR will have kick ass extra content too!

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Further confirmation that all the doomsaying was totally unnecessary.

Can't wait to see the finale! And here's hoping that the DVD/BR will have kick ass extra content too!
    The option for B&W would be nice. After the SD Comicon looks like they may include it as well.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    The option for B&W would be nice. After the SD Comicon looks like they may include it as well.
    Yeah, I seem to remember Darabont confirming that the B&W option will be on the dvd. I'm open to it, but it may not work as well as The Mist. The Mist was perfect for B&W, but i'm not so sure TWD will fit that mold as well. Time will tell...

Norway
    I keep my judgment of this news until I know who wrote which episode. Delaying the show with a whole year will be much more damaging I think. And it smacks of executive intrigue to give their personal favorite shows a better chance to capture viewers.

Oh and the mist sucked hard! One of the worst movies I seen what a crappy ending! STUPID!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    Delaying the show with a whole year will be much more damaging I think. And it smacks of executive intrigue to give their personal favorite shows a better chance to capture viewers.
    Last edited by bassman; 04-Dec-2010 at 10:25 PM. Reason: .

Norway
    Do you even know what executive meddling is? Have you read the tv troupes article?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    Do you even know what executive meddling is? Have you read the tv troupes article?
    No, I get it. You think they're delaying TWD's second season in an attempt to give the other shows a better chance or screw the fans over. As I've pointed out earlier in this thread(did you read it?), a year is the usual time gap between television seasons. Go ahead and google or wiki any of the recently popular television series' and you'll see what i mean.

Apparently zombie fans take their shit personally. "You don't have a second season ready to air immediately?!? It's corporate espionage! They're purposely trying to ruin their show that has one of the highest viewer ratings of all time!!"

C'mon guys. Time to use that noggin for more than a hat rack...
    Last edited by bassman; 04-Dec-2010 at 10:57 PM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    i just read the posts by Wildwraityh, Deadbeat and Trencher and pissed myself.

These guys must be trolling! lulz!

FACT: AMC has had 4 shows, and two have have made history in regards to winning Emmys. They all also have 13-episode seasons. Like other successful cable shows you may have heard of, like The Sopranos, True Blood, and Boardwalk Empire. lol @ 22 eps in a season!

FACT: AMC greenlit WD on good faith, hence the 6-ep first season. This has never happened before. Every other show you ever saw (ever!) had to submit a pilot episode.

FACT: Many successful 13-ep/year shows do not even have a "writers room". The best example is Doctor Who: show runner writers 5 or 6 eps, outlines the rest and hands it over to "guest" writers. Stephen Moffat wrote the four best Who episodes as a guest writer, and Neil Gaiman wrote episode three of the upcoming season. This arrangement has been very successful for BBC. It should not be an issue.

Sorry 'bout that. Carry on with your unfounded paranoid criticisms! :P

United States
    Honestly, my concern about the season layout is the age of the children..it's relatively easy to hide adults aging, kids not so much.
    Last edited by childofgilead; 05-Dec-2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: reason schmeason
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los