Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: TWD 3x16 "Welcome to the Tombs" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Just been bitten

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Morto Vivente View Post
    I'm not sure whether your joking or just playing devil's advocate ?

Assuming your not joking.

If you remember Logan wasn't on that beach either, for the same reason as Rhodes. They were both nuts and out of control, albeit in different ways. IMO they both lacked the foresight to see what was required for survival. Rhodes is one of my favorite villains ever, but he was still a sociopathic wack-job. C'mon he deserted his own men when the shit hit the fan, as I said no balls. I don't think they'd even have made it as far as the beach with him in charge, and even if they had he'd have shot them all because there was no ice-cream.

I'm always open to other opinions, so fire up some of those reasons why Sarah and Co should have been murdered relative to increasing the chances of surviving the ZA as a group.
    We had a discussion a few year or so ago about Captain Rhodes and the real villain of Day of the Dead. It was a bit of a thread hijack by myself, but the question was asked, "Who was the real villain of DotD?"

The link below is the thread. I and 4 other folk see Rhodes in a different way to others.
    http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ghlight=Rhodes

Let me know yer fots, brother.

Edit: I have almost exceeded my annual post limit. Damned TWD!!! I would have had at least 400 posts if the forum wasn't rebuilt in 2006
    Last edited by MagicMoonMonkey; 02-Apr-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Scotland
    @ MagicMM

Cheers for the link, some interesting ideas about Rhodes on there. Only had time for a quick glance though, but I'll give them a thorough reading and get back to you via private message, ok.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Lastly, here's a question:

If you were Rick, would you have brought the remaining Woodburyites to the Prison, or would you have taken over Woodbury (in an equally peaceful manner)? Either way The Governor knows where you are.
    Sorry but no. Im with wyld.. The younger ones who can grow into the next generation of suvivors i would consider but the older ones, no. Not my problem.

Being humane is nice and good but in a zombie-apocalypse world where the prison group was already struggling to feed themselves, realistic survival of the fittest has to come into the equation aswell.

Dead

United States
    I can't speak for anyone else, but the reason I still watch after being routinely disappointed is because it's TWD. The 1st 2 seasons were great, the books were great, the potential for the storyline is exceptional.
    Almost every week of this season I'd hope that things would change for the better. And on a few occasions it seemed like it was going to.
    I'll continue to watch season 4 when it gets here. Because the show has earned it. I mean, they had a bad season. It happens. No reason to completely write off the show yet. The reason i gripe about it so much is because it should really be much better than this.
    This is one of the iconic settings from the books IMO, the prison. It had such potential. And judging by the way seasons 1 and 2 went, I thought this season was gonna be the best yet. I was wrong. No reason to cry or swear off the show entirely. But I'm not gonna pretend it's better than it is or sugar coat my feelings about it either.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but the reason I still watch after being routinely disappointed is because it's TWD. The 1st 2 seasons were great, the books were great, the potential for the storyline is exceptional.
    Almost every week of this season I'd hope that things would change for the better. And on a few occasions it seemed like it was going to.
    I'll continue to watch season 4 when it gets here. Because the show has earned it. I mean, they had a bad season. It happens. No reason to completely write off the show yet. The reason i gripe about it so much is because it should really be much better than this.
    This is one of the iconic settings from the books IMO, the prison. It had such potential. And judging by the way seasons 1 and 2 went, I thought this season was gonna be the best yet. I was wrong. No reason to cry or swear off the show entirely. But I'm not gonna pretend it's better than it is or sugar coat my feelings about it either.
    It looks to me like they've reset the prison arc with the finale. I think you're going to start seeing some of the more darker events from the comic in season 4.
    Only thing that worries me about the revised creative setup is that Glen Mazzara has referred to network interference on advertisers behalf with the creative process and the show being written by committee under AMC's direction. Its even been alluded to that the last few episodes of season 3 have been retooled under Scott Gimples stewardship.
    I just hope that Gimple isn't just a Network puppet.
    Last edited by kidgloves; 02-Apr-2013 at 11:14 PM. Reason: fg
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    It looks to me like they've reset the prison arc with the finale. I think you're going to start seeing some of the more darker events from the comic in season 4.
    Only thing that worries me about the revised creative setup is that Glen Mazzara has referred to network interference on advertisers behalf with the creative process and the show being written by committee under AMC's direction. Its even been alluded to that the last few episodes of season 3 have been retooled under Scott Gimples stewardship.
    I just hope that Gimple isn't just a Network puppet.
    Like with Andreas demise. there were 2 different versions. The one they went with was the one that was more absent mindedly dramatic.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    This. The third season was at its best when it strayed from the Prison/Woodbury storyline (clean): The rest, apart from a pretty good opening episode, to me ranged from 'entertaining' to downright goofy and stupid. Most of the time I found the second half just mediocre. Which is a crying shame given the source material.
    I'll still watch next season, it's still TWD. But I hope it will be better than what we got recently. It should.
    Last edited by krisvds; 03-Apr-2013 at 06:24 AM. Reason: .

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    For about a second, then I remembered how easily Rick and the gang got into Woodbury. Its setup to defend against walkers/biters not armed assaults.
    Who is the Gov going to assault it with though? Marty and Black guy #4152? He's killed everyone else.

Actually, I've just had an awful thought. I hope next series doesn't suddenly see the Gov with an instant army all blindly willing to do his bidding.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Reading about the two versions of the Andrea death scene - the first being Mazzara's, the second being Gimple's re-write - I firmly believe Gimple's version of the scene is far superior to what Mazzara's version seemed to be from what I've read about it.

Administrator

England
    Reading about the two versions of the Andrea death scene - the first being Mazzara's, the second being Gimple's re-write - I firmly believe Gimple's version of the scene is far superior to what Mazzara's version seemed to be from what I've read about it.
    I agree... Shame it was spoiled a bit by her apparent apathy to actually staying alive...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I agree... Shame it was spoiled a bit by her apparent apathy to actually staying alive...
    Yeah, Kirkman's response to that scene being essentially 'well you don't know how you'd react in that situation' might be true in actual real-life, who knows you know? ... But this is TV, and it's going to be one of those things that people (myself included) are going to yell at the scream over. A slight tweak would have smoothed over that little bit of silliness - either have it harder for her to drag the plyers nearer to her, or have her still in-action trying to get the plyers into her hand while she was talking to Milton.

It's a teeny weeny little thing, and it could have been avoided with a teeny weeny little tweak.

I knew she was going to drop them on the first attempt too ... we've seen that so many times in TV/movies for decades.

Ireland
    I know, but I bet you still went "oh fu*k!!!"
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    or have her still in-action trying to get the plyers into her hand while she was talking to Milton.
    ^^ This... Even with one or two very quick pauses, before reality kicks back in and she remembers the urgency and gets straight back on the job!

But not long periods of doing nothing... over and over... How dumb are these characters suppose to be?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Tibet
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Actually, I've just had an awful thought. I hope next series doesn't suddenly see the Gov with an instant army all blindly willing to do his bidding.
    They drive off into the sunset.....find the housing development with the guys from the bar, who remember being shot to hell........and both teams come back for revenge.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    How dumb are these characters suppose to be?

Sorry, couldn't help it

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany