Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: First Look at AMC's The Walking Dead Zombies as Production Begins

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'm getting the image of a shot-for-shot remake of Dawn. Much like the Psycho remake. Can you imagine how funny that would be? It would boooomb.

Perhaps but it won't be due to the effects or acting, imo. It will be because by today's standards it would be considered maddeningly slow paced and in today's adhd world audiences simply don't have the patience for that.

They'd be busy finger fucking their cell phones the whole time.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

They'd be busy finger fucking their cell phones the whole time

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed

Cool

And that is why the genre continues to suck for the most part.

And it's wierd because hollywood has never been shy about about copying a successful formula.

i know! they seem to think that zombie flicks these days are intended 4 speed freaks, its all about hype constant running zombies and fast load annoying music! In a nut shell somethings should stay the way nature intended!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    i know! they seem to think that zombie flicks these days are intended 4 speed freaks, its all about hype constant running zombies and fast load annoying music! In a nut shell somethings should stay the way nature intended!

A little variety is all I'm asking. I love Dawn 04' but do they all have to be runner flicks?

There hasn't been a decent, serious shambler film in a good while.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed

Red face

A little variety is all I'm asking. I love Dawn 04' but do they all have to be runner flicks?

There hasn't been a decent, serious shambler film in a good while.

i'd say not in 20yrs...not since The Night of the Living Dead remake! i dont get it that 1 was decent and Tom was groomed by GAR! Think GAR has gone 2 Hollywood...what happen to the days where GAR was all bout sex, drugs and making movies? And givin' the man a long donkey dick of a middle finger!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'm getting the image of a shot-for-shot remake of Dawn. Much like the Psycho remake. Can you imagine how funny that would be? It would boooomb.
    Psycho Remake? Daaaah,PISS ON THAT TURD passed off as a movie! But it is true that you could never remake the original DAWN in the exact formula. Audiences today just would not be able to sit thru it. In this day & age, that flick truly is from a different era. At best a low budget,uber independant studio might be capable of taking it on,with a writer/director who gives a shit,but with a very limited release,and it would only be appreciated by our kind of lot.

But anyways,the bits and pics from AMC's 'The Walking Dead' really do look awesome! I now have something to actually look foward to this year after all.
    "Some describe them as ordinary looking people,others say they appear to be in some kind of trance.....others describe them as mis-shapen monsters,and things that look like people,but act like animals...Some describe seeing victims that look as tho they have been torn apart!"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Of War View Post
    I'm sticking to the idea that they're more like joggers, or not-that-fast stumblers. Surely there has to be some middle ground between Olympic zombies and slow, relentless eating machines?
    Frankie says
    There are the folks who just can't stand seeing zombies running. I'm kind of in that camp, but if you look at the very first zombie in Night - the one in the cemetery chasing Barbara, he gets up to a pretty good jog. I'm keying our zombie behavior off of that film: Whether they're in a very languid state or they're on the attack, they'll move no faster than that first zombie in Night of the Living Dead.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Dying

United States
    i'd say not in 20yrs...not since The Night of the Living Dead remake! i dont get it that 1 was decent and Tom was groomed by GAR! Think GAR has gone 2 Hollywood...what happen to the days where GAR was all bout sex, drugs and making movies? And givin' the man a long donkey dick of a middle finger!
    What about Shaun of the Dead?

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Well, it sure looks like there are runners in this one. The chicks hair and clothes all whipping around in the air like that and the one guy in the red shirt is in mid sprint.
    Have you seen the Zombie School video on AMC's site? It seems pretty clear that they're training them to be shamblers. The video even shows the FX guy using a clip of Hinzman in Night '68 as a model of zombie behavior.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    man, i swear people don't even bother reading older posts. i've posted about the zombie school thing twice as well as the discussion of tv show/comic book storylines...in this very thread.

United States
    Maybe Tom should consider remaking DOTD and DAY?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Have you seen the Zombie School video on AMC's site? It seems pretty clear that they're training them to be shamblers. The video even shows the FX guy using a clip of Hinzman in Night '68 as a model of zombie behavior.
    Eek! Hinzman was a bit messed up... It was like Romero hadn't quite worked out the rules? He moved very quickly and could even use tools to great effect! Not your averaege zombie!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Maybe Tom should consider remaking DOTD and DAY?
    good call! them maybe 2days zombies wouldn't look like a bunch of speed freaks running from the cops!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    What about Shaun of the Dead?
    I'll refer you back to my post that he answered where i said "a good, SERIOUS zombie film."

Undisclosed
    I'll refer you back to my post that he answered where i said "a good, SERIOUS zombie film."

in all fairness Shaun was @ least closer 2 GARS formula than most of the shit thats been comin' out! KUDOS 2 Shaun!