Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Big Brother Dead Set

Super Moderator

UK
    Good extras are there? Making Of stuff etc, decent lengths as well?

I think I'll whack this on my Xmas list.

United States
    I finally got a chance to see this, and it was great fun, even with the running, contact wearing zombies. Shaun of the Dead, 28 days /weeks later, and now Dead Set-- The UK is kicking USA ass in the living dead movie realm.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    The UK is kicking USA ass in the living dead movie realm.
    and dont you forget it my good man!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    and dont you forget it my good man!
    Even though 28 Days/Weeks Later is not a zombie flick ... it's a plague movie with living people infected with a rabies-like rage virus ... anyway, yes ... yes we are.

I think us Brits can throw in a different take on the zombie genre, because we haven't done it so much, and it's from a country that isn't America. We inject a different vibe of humour into things, and we can also get quite bleak (when we want to), so in that respect we sometimes go far further than what you American chaps can get away with in your zed flicks ... I mean, Dead Set got really bleak at the end, but it was awesome ... despite the *sigh* runners.

This just reminds me of course, that I STILL haven't gotten around to starting my zombie epic script ... gah! The pre-writing malaise! It's swarming me like a horde of the undead!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I finally got a chance to see this, and it was great fun, even with the running, contact wearing zombies. Shaun of the Dead, 28 days /weeks later, and now Dead Set-- The UK is kicking USA ass in the living dead movie realm.
    Yay UK! Yay UK!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Must get around to watching it!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Must get around to watching it!!
    Hurry up dear boy!

But not as hurried as the zeds on show in Dead Set that is.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kerbdog View Post
    Guys if you go to channel 4's website you can watch the series on their site for free.

http://www.channel4.com/video/brandl...Brand=dead-set

Just make sure ya's start from Monday 27th!
    BLOCKED for anyone outside the UK

Can someone get me the link so I can buy the DVD? I own a region free player, in fact if you buy any Samsung DVD player and go to dvdrhelp.com you can learn how to hack the player into region free with something as simple as a 4-6 digit code you input on your remote.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 12-Nov-2008 at 12:36 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    BLOCKED for anyone outside the UK

Can someone get me the link so I can buy the DVD? I own a region free player, in fact if you buy any Samsung DVD player and go to dvdrhelp.com you can learn how to hack the player into region free with something as simple as a 4-6 digit code you input on your remote.
    That's exactly what I did with my Samsung player, it's a great little machine, have had it ever since Xmas 2002 and it's still rocking my cock.

As for Dead Set on R2:

Play.com @ £11.99
    http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/60594...t/Product.html

Amazon UK @ £11.98:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dead-Set-Jai...6514689&sr=1-1

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Even though 28 Days/Weeks Later is not a zombie flick ... it's a plague movie with living people infected with a rabies-like rage virus ... anyway, yes ... yes we are.
    That's like saying Martin isn't a Vampire-film... If a film follows the conventions and clichés of the zombiefilm genre, then it is a zombiefilm. The technical details of the monsters do not define genres.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    That's like saying Martin isn't a Vampire-film... If a film follows the conventions and clichés of the zombiefilm genre, then it is a zombiefilm. The technical details of the monsters do not define genres.
    Ugh...

*paws EvilNed away ... distracts him with a copy of Fallout 3 surrounded by dancing girls ... ... then lobs the game at him and pegs it with the ladies*

Deej - if you haven't already seen, I posted a couple of links where you can buy the R2 DVD.

United States
    Word!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

capncnut
    Totally agree. How people can consider Dawn 04 or Dead Set zombie flicks yet prattle on about 28 Days Later NOT being a zombie film, I dunno...

...I know that the 'zombs' in 28 aren't dead but they have the trademark characteristics of the runner zombie. Infected, inschmected - it's all friggin' viral and they all kill their victims via munching, clawing and tearing. End of.
    Last edited by capncnut; 13-Nov-2008 at 03:48 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    They're not dead in 28 Days/Weeks Later ... but they are in Yawn-fest-04 and Dead Set.

Plus, the makers of 28 never intended it to be a zombie film, they didn't direct a zombie film, nor wrote one - the writer and director have both themselves said they only took certain elements of the iconography and dropped a couple of references to GAR (whom they both admire) and that's that...you might as well call I Am Legend a zombie film then if you use your logic, and it isn't, it's a plague/apocalypse movie - same as 28 Days/Weeks Later - especially as the viral aspect, cause, spread and effect is focussed on quite closely, thus - plague movie.

A zombie, even in the voodoo sense, is someone who either is dead, or is believed to be dead (appears to be dead to onlookers who've 'seen them die' and then 'seen their corpse walk').

28 Days Later has "infected", which is precisely what the writer and director intended them to be, to set them apart from zombies.

Sheesh.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    That's exactly what I did with my Samsung player, it's a great little machine, have had it ever since Xmas 2002 and it's still rocking my cock.

As for Dead Set on R2:

Play.com @ £11.99
    http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/60594...t/Product.html

Amazon UK @ £11.98:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dead-Set-Jai...6514689&sr=1-1

Much obliged MZ
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*