Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: post-apocalyptic govt...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    The hell?
    The people of the state of maine are not killed by the boatload if they dare question the state. Live ammo is not used on protestors in Maine. And Maine is not under milltary occupation, with armoured venchiles patrolling the streets looking for "troublemakers".
    If you want to discuss this further I suggest you open up a seperate thread. My point about China and Tibet is that what is sucksessful is not necesary moral.
    I have no desire of discussing this further. I'm gonna encase my final comment in spoilers, so people can easily skip it:

All I have to say is Tibets social code is a feudalistic state where the priests were favoured and would often torture or rape the farming class for fun. Much like Medieval europe. Only reason they're not doing it today, is because the "evil communists" have outlawed the class system.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    A: An assembly of people 28 and over would have legislative power.

e: Kaos appointed as court jester and pan pipe player (dressed like John Amplas in Knightriders ... "Blow, man, blow!").
    A. wow, 28 huh? that is closer to the idea the spartan's had about such things. personally, i'd like to see that everyone involved in fighting to defend the place have a say in what goes on.

e. i think kaos would make a good chief judge for the settlement. "sir, your thread with us is closed. have a nice vacation."
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Canada
    D: If you are 13 or older and capable of being trained and following orders, you fight. If not, you are GONE. The only exceptions to this rule are to be applied to those disabled while in service to the Community.
    I'll fioght sur!

But I propose we name our new society "The Imperium of man"

It cannot fail!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    e. i think kaos would make a good chief judge for the settlement. "sir, your thread with us is closed. have a nice vacation."
    Na, I've known Kaos for a long time. If I recall correctly his first message to me (and this was during a chat with Kyra Schon on the old Homepage) was: ==) so I know he has a fine sense of humor. I'll bet he can even tell me what famous novel the line "Blow, man, blow!" is from.

However, if you want him as Chief Judge that is fine by me. He can play the panpipes on the side during one of our weekly bashes.

-stray-

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Let's keep this civil please.
    Difficult if not impossible to hold a 'civil' conversation with a degenerate who states he will immediately resort to armed robbery, extortion, murder, rape, slavery, and torture as a means of survival when other methods that don't result in terminal lead poisoning are available.

Anyway, back to Scorpio's base question. I think Kurt Saxon's essays "Roadblocks" and "The Coming Warlords" covers a fairly realistic and reasonably fair method of emergency government that would probably work in much of the country, and could probably turn into the Starship Troopers type government I championed earlier. Granted, there are parts of the essays I don't agree with, but like I said early, there is a balance between survival and your conscience. And his essay "The Killer Caravans" seems to describe Khardis and those with his sickness well, and how they must be handled by those who are not morally bankrupt. I think Ole Kurt is a bit weird, but I think he makes a good point.

http://www.beyondweird.com/survival/roadblok.html

http://www.beyondweird.com/survival/warlords.html

http://www.beyondweird.com/survival/caravans.html
    Last edited by Wooley; 17-Aug-2008 at 09:27 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooley View Post
    Difficult if not impossible to hold a 'civil' conversation with a degenerate who states he will immediately resort to armed robbery, extortion, murder, rape, slavery, and torture as a means of survival when other methods that don't result in terminal lead poisoning are available.

Anyway, back to Scorpio's base question. I think Kurt Saxon's essays "Roadblocks" and "The Coming Warlords" covers a fairly realistic and reasonably fair method of emergency government that would probably work in much of the country, and could probably turn into the Starship Troopers type government I championed earlier. Granted, there are parts of the essays I don't agree with, but like I said early, there is a balance between survival and your conscience. And his essay "The Killer Caravans" seems to describe Khardis and those with his sickness well, and how they must be handled by those who are not morally bankrupt. I think Ole Kurt is a bit weird, but I think he makes a good point.

Yes! Kurt Saxxon would be required reading in the Imperium of Man enclave.

I used to listen to his broadcast on shortwave radio back in the late 90's. Interesting fellow.

-stray-

ps -- F: Service in the Militia is mandatory for all persons 13 and older. Your enlistment lasts until death.

Banned User

Undisclosed

Yeah you are only against those methods because you are a weakling and need a community of stronger people to survive it sounds like.

Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    Yeah you are only against those methods because you are a weakling and need a community of stronger people to survive it sounds like.
    You cant know that, maybe he just want to protect the weak?

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    You cant know that, maybe he just want to protect the weak?
    Thats noble, although I highly doubt that nobility would survive an apocalypse.

Norway
    Just because you are not sure something will survive does not mean you have to drag it out into an back alley and shoot it in the head.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    This is kinda interesting, I was just reading the Zombie Survival Guide the other day, and it had this to say about individuality:

"As with any other type of combat, undead warfare should never be a solo mission. As stated before, in Western - particularly American-cultur--culture, there is the myth of the individual superbeing. One man or woman, well-armed and highly skilled, with nerves of steel, can conquer the world. In truth, anyone believing this should simply strip naked, holler for the undead, then lay down on a silver platter. Not only will going it alone get you killed--it may also create one more zombie."

Not saying this is the be-all and end-all of survival knowledge, but it does seem like you've seen one-to-many Hollywood actionfilms Khardis.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    This is kinda interesting, I was just reading the Zombie Survival Guide the other day, and it had this to say about individuality:

"As with any other type of combat, undead warfare should never be a solo mission. As stated before, in Western - particularly American-cultur--culture, there is the myth of the individual superbeing. One man or woman, well-armed and highly skilled, with nerves of steel, can conquer the world. In truth, anyone believing this should simply strip naked, holler for the undead, then lay down on a silver platter. Not only will going it alone get you killed--it may also create one more zombie."

Not saying this is the be-all and end-all of survival knowledge, but it does seem like you've seen one-to-many Hollywood actionfilms Khardis.
    You know that the zombie survival guide is a comedy book right? Written by Mel Brooks' son.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    You know that the zombie survival guide is a comedy book right? Written by Mel Brooks' son.
    Yes, and it's quite a good book. The only real comedy element in it is that it's about... zombies. The rest of the stuff is actually well researched. You should check it out.

Canada
    Yes! Kurt Saxxon would be required reading in the Imperium of Man enclave.

I used to listen to his broadcast on shortwave radio back in the late 90's. Interesting fellow.

-stray-

ps -- F: Service in the Militia is mandatory for all persons 13 and older. Your enlistment lasts until death.
    For the Imperium!

damn this is interesting should make a thread for the enclave lol.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    has anyone ever read Alas, Babylon by pat frank? a lot of what we are talking about here is dealt with in one way or another in it.

wooley, just remain sure in the knowledge that you are a better person than anyone who openly boasts of such things. it is one thing to talk tough, another to actually be tough. the two are almost never found in the same person. i seriously doubt they coexist in this case.

failing that simply do what i've decided to do. i've grown weary of feeding the immature and trollish nature of some of the people on this forum, so i've had their posts expunged from my sight. it is so much more of a peaceful place to come to now.

Na, I've known Kaos for a long time. so I know he has a fine sense of humor.
    ditto here. the ronski is one of the main reasons i've been coming around this joint for so long.
    Last edited by Mike70; 19-Aug-2008 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."