Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 5 - News

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    I'm getting close to half-way through the game, and I have yet to see any parallels with Code Veronica
    just give it time dude, stuff like "we havent met since... rockfort island?"'ll pop up soon.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    just give it time dude, stuff like "we havent met since... rockfort island?"'ll pop up soon.
    As long as that annoying Ashford dude doesn't giggle through the whole thing I'm good.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Got to chapter 2-1 on Veteran last night, beat the first boss, and so far I'm loving it! Graphics are on par with Killzone 2 as the best on a home console. The realtime inventory is great once you map weapons, herbs and grenades to the d-pad, too.

I wouldn't recommend playing this game on Veteran without a friend, though. Sheva just gets in the way otherwise. That said, if you have a capable partner, RE5 is easily one of the best co-op games available.

Oh and there's a shitload of unlockables. One of the first things you unlock is a 44 page "History of Resident Evil" in the Library menu. Good stuff.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 13-Mar-2009 at 04:32 PM.

United States
    capcom is a bunch of fucking ass-hats. they charge $$ for extra costumes in sf4, now you've gotta pay extra for online multplayer mode in RE5? i don't even care about RE5, but i still think it's pretty low of capcom to charge their fans extra to play multiplayer.

let's hope that the same greedy fucks aren't working on DR2 and decide to charge for content that should be included in the damn game.

United States
    I can see why people would be pissed about having to pay $5 for versus multiplayer, but it was never part of the package until a couple of days ago. Nobody was anticipating it, and it's not as if Capcom took anything away from the original package. Besides, co-op Campaign and Mercenaries will probably be enough multiplayer action for most anyway.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    I can see why people would be pissed about having to pay $5 for versus multiplayer, but it was never part of the package until a couple of days ago. Nobody was anticipating it, and it's not as if Capcom took anything away from the original package. Besides, co-op Campaign and Mercenaries will probably be enough multiplayer action for most anyway.
    you dont know that though, i think its very likely they shipped it with parts missing they would try and sell later.

ubisofts done it.
    eidos has famously done it a few times.
    sqaureenix has done.

microsoft has done it.

you honestly think someone at capcom whent "hey guys it shipped, and thats great but i just had a spur of the moment idea!, lets waste more time and money to create new product that absolutely did not exist months ago!"

United States
    Oh, it's obvious that they'd been planning the DLC since the beginning, but the general public had no idea, and thus it shouldn't impact your views of the game. Resident Evil never was and never will be known for it's Vs. multiplayer component, so for 3 new modes, new weapons and more achievements, I think $5 is a great deal for bonus content so soon after release.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 14-Mar-2009 at 10:09 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Oh, it's obvious that they'd been planning the DLC since the beginning, but the general public had no idea, and thus it shouldn't impact your views of the game. Resident Evil never was and never will be known for it's Vs. multiplayer component, so for 3 new modes, new weapons and more achievements, I think $5 is a great deal for bonus content so soon after release.
    thats my point, it isn't worth 5 dollars.

every resident evil since nemesis had secret unlockable modes you get upon completion, your saying nowadays its okay to pay for the game, then pay more for content which previous installments had on disc? i dont think it bloody is. if its something like shivering isles or lost and the damned, right on, ill pay for that. i'll even stretch to costumes, but game modes you would unlock in previous installments for free?, hell no, that is the sort of thing i would boycott, and normally that isnt me but its become perfectly acceptable in a world where even a patch can be charged for if they call it dlc. Dont get me wrong this aint a rant at you, not even at resident evil, in this case i can understand it IF they use the money to pay for the servers the multiplayer is hosted on. but it grinds my gears SO fucking much that were so complacent and sated by the "marvel" of downloading add-on's that its become okay to charge up to $100 for the actual true final version of a game that should have been on the shipped disc that we wont bat an eye, in fact we will champion the fact of getting it that way over a disc, when go back a console generation and almost every videogames enthusiast would flip the fuck out at paying extra for improvements to the game made during the games creation that was purposely held back.

-phew.

rant over.

United States
    RE5 is no different than the rest of the series when it comes to unlockable modes. You get New Game + and co-op Mercenaries when you complete it, plus new costumes. Shivering Isles and Lost and the Damned were $15-$20 each and definitely worth the money, but you really can't compare then to a 5$ add-on mode. When Gears of War, Halo and Battlefield start charging for multiplayer modes, then I'll be upset. But with a game like RE, it seems like more of an experiment on Capcom's part to see how the general public would react not only to a Versus mode, but paying for it as well. Anyway, Japanese developed multiplayer usually sucks big time, so I'm keeping my expectations low.

Capcom has been really shitty as far as DLC goes though, for sure. Just look at Mega Man 9 and Street Fighter 4, so much nickel & diming going on there.

capncnut
    every resident evil since nemesis had secret unlockable modes you get upon completion...
    I stopped you right there, Danny boy.

Nemesis made you unlock a bunch of hairy horses cock for repeatedly completing it - for what? Bullshit stories that we already knew from reading them online (I have the entire RE timeline on my PC btw). So it's the same old shit again, eh? And that was the last 'good' Resident Evil game ever released. End of.

RE5 is a f**king headache and geared towards pooftahs who wouldn't know a good game if it slapped them in the face and sucked their cocks for good measure. Sure the action is alright but at the end of the day, it's a name rape. More so than the last Silent Hill game.

Was playing SH2 tonight actually, does survival horror get any better than that?

End of rant.
    Last edited by capncnut; 15-Mar-2009 at 03:30 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i didnt say they were good unlockables.

honestly, friggin' tofu....

capncnut
    i didnt say they were good unlockables.

honestly, friggin' tofu....
    Tofu was a bad idea, a lump of bean curd fighting zombies. For f**ks sake.

But the Nemesis thing. Complete the whole game for one paragraph of text? And you had to do it eight times? That has to be the biggest unlockable rip-off in gaming history. I suppose we should be thankful with RE5, at least it's a 44 page rip-off.

I'm not buying another RE game until the zombies come back. End of.

Canada
    why do you have such a passionate hatred for resident evil four and five? they are good, well crafted examples of a series evolving.

Well, four is at least, I haven't played 5 yet.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Tofu was a bad idea, a lump of bean curd fighting zombies. For f**ks sake.

But the Nemesis thing. Complete the whole game for one paragraph of text? And you had to do it eight times? That has to be the biggest unlockable rip-off in gaming history. I suppose we should be thankful with RE5, at least it's a 44 page rip-off.

I'm not buying another RE game until the zombies come back. End of.
    What if I told you there are undead zombies in RE 5? Would you give it a chance, then?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    What if I told you there are undead zombies in RE 5? Would you give it a chance, then?
    Aw, don't spoil it for him