Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Ireland
    'Sim City 4'.

God knows why.

I was supposed to start 'Alan Wake'
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Finally playing Dragon Age Origins. . .not a bad little game. . .
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I heard about that as well. That it was supposed to make it look grittier.

Imo, i have seen no indication of that and the graphics look on par with an arcade or budget title.

Me thinks the whole cell phone camera thing is just to cover up the fact that the game looks cheap.

I saw their runing animations and the only thing i could think was "wow".

And not a good wow either.

And it's light on content as well with a seemingly short campaign. Thank god for gamefly because there's no way that should be a 60 game, imo.

If i had paid retail, I'd be pissed.

hmmm... It looks pretty good on my tv... But have you given the multiplayer or co-op a try yet... I think there is a ton of value there... But if neither of those options I would see how you might feel gyp'd.

Also I almost always play a game through on it's hardest difficulty from the start.... Games have gone really soft over the last gen and most have become shorter so it seems the only way to get the most bang for the buck for me... With a few exceptions games these days are 5-7 hours long if you play em on "normal" which is really comparatively speaking super easy.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Just finished lost planet 2 on Hard and unlocked the extreme mode, got my character to lvl.61 and unlocked a bunch of crazy new weapons that should make replays more fun.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just finished Alan Wake the other day. Been playing Bad Company 2 like a muphucka for the past month. Just got back into Just Cause 2 to finish getting all the achievements.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    hmmm... It looks pretty good on my tv... But have you given the multiplayer or co-op a try yet... I think there is a ton of value there... But if neither of those options I would see how you might feel gyp'd.

Also I almost always play a game through on it's hardest difficulty from the start.... Games have gone really soft over the last gen and most have become shorter so it seems the only way to get the most bang for the buck for me... With a few exceptions games these days are 5-7 hours long if you play em on "normal" which is really comparatively speaking super easy.
    I haven't given co-op a try but I plan to do so with my son tonight.

I'm at a thousand cuts right now and I must say I'm enjoying the story more than anything. Those guys have really gotten themselves into some deep shit.

In the first chapter Kane ansks lynch, "who's that girl with him?" Lynch replies "I don't care."

I see they're regretting that now.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Pokemon Diamond on the DS... argheeee! Don't judge me!
    I just beat the E4, actually. I thought everybody in my party would have to be lv. 65 at least, but I won without using any items and half my party was lv. 63 and the other lv.64! Super lucky, thank God for Giga Drain! The games' pretty boring now, though... just getting items, legendary guys, training, battles... it's meh. Now Pokemon Gold! That's a game! 16 gym battles! Kanto and Johto! Definitely worth it.
    Also, THPS 4 (as if you didn't know... oh, you didn't? Sorry.). Yeah, it's kinda my game. Ooh, and space invaders. I love that shit.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Beat ordrak in torchlight. floor 35, i was told there is 100 floors in total, if so fuck that i got SO bored by the 10th floor, getting to 35 in 9 hours was a nightmare.

I AM DONE.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm re-playing Modern Warfare 2 for the fourth time ... now in HD 1080p.

I notice the difference from SD to HD quite a bit in this game, having played it three times in SD last year. A good old slab of action adrenaline ... just like I'm expecting to get from The Expendables this afternoon at the cinema.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just finished Kane and lynch. I got way more achievements than I thought i would out of it, so that's a big cup of awesome.

It's an extremely short campaign at around 4 or 5 hours butthere are a ton of multiplayer modes to get into as well.

I was going to just get the achievements and send it back but it's growing on me. Plus when there's a new game out there are oodles of players online checking it out so there are no shortages of games to participate in.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    Yesterday I finally finished off Mass Effect 2 including all character and story oriented DLC. It was pretty damned good! Loved the storytelling and how use of the squad mechanics kind of integrated into that last drive of the game.

For a game that has, essentially, very shallow game-play mechanics, it was a great and satisfying run. I really hope they bring interactivity to the next level in the sequel.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just about to pop in mafia 2. I was under the impression that it was a gta/RDR style game but apparently it's not and there's no multiplayer so let's see.

It's got a good rating so my hopes are high.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Really enjoying 3v3 starcraft 2 matches right now. My forte still seems to be protoss but i have a little promising flair with terran and zerg too.

United States
    Just got done playing "Limbo" on the 360 - it was a cheap, but fun platformer to play. Well worth the $ if you're into that kinda thing.

United States
    fuck yeah, lou. limbo is a good one. just got it the other day myself.

also picked up a wii, super mario bros wii, and a handful of old castlevania games along with zombies ate my neighbors and river city ransom. the wii is way more fun than i thought, solely for the nostalgia factor alone. haven't really messed with wii sports yet, but i'm gonna bust that one out soon too.