Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Dead Rising 2 appreciation thread...

Administrator

England
    Has anybody else seen the case west dead rising 2 trailer on xbl? what is this? it shows frank west and chuck together.. is a new add on or mini game thats comign out?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Has anybody else seen the case west dead rising 2 trailer on xbl? what is this? it shows frank west and chuck together.. is a new add on or mini game thats comign out?
    It's a 360-exclusive DLC epilogue. Not sure about price, but I'd guess 400 like Case Zero.

Unless of course it's bigger than I think; the facility in the background seemed to take up more space than Still Creek.

Administrator

England
    Any news on a release date or anything?

United States
    jesus, that "zombie genocide master" achievement is absolute bullshit....spent a handful of hours on it the other night, then realized i was gonna fall about 2k short and shut the fucking thing off.

been reading lots of threads on other sites, this one is giving a lot of people a very hard time....you gotta average like 930+ kills per hour for the entire duration of the story, damn near impossible, even with letting all cases slip by and letting the kid die.

and what's even more bullshit is that there's no unlockable reward (such as the mega buster from DR1), so basically it's just a marathon grind for 6 real-life hours, running over zombies in the SUV and hoping your numbers keep pace to bust 72...fucking bullshit achievement of the game, for sure.

while i'm on the subject of things i don't like about DR (1 or 2), does anybody else hate the fact you gotta stop and pick up a new firearm every single time you run out of ammo? ever thought about a reloading option, capcom?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Zombie Genocide Master is probably obtained the same way it was in Dead Rising and in Case Zero: with a vehicle. They don't expect you to be getting it using hand-to-hand combat.

Administrator

England
    Does the game have any acheivement related unlockable weapons/clothes?

United States
    so far, i've unlocked a prisoner suit and a knight suit (can't recall what i did to get either of those) and a champion jacket by placing 1st overall in the mulitplayer mode.

looks like we got shafted on the unlockables though, nothing like all the cool shit you could get playing DR1....no megabuster or nearly-indestructible lightsaber, no hockey mask....

still got about 20 achievements to get, though, so i'll post it on here if i come across anything worthwhile.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    so far, i've unlocked a prisoner suit and a knight suit (can't recall what i did to get either of those) and a champion jacket by placing 1st overall in the mulitplayer mode.

looks like we got shafted on the unlockables though, nothing like all the cool shit you could get playing DR1....no megabuster or nearly-indestructible lightsaber, no hockey mask....

still got about 20 achievements to get, though, so i'll post it on here if i come across anything worthwhile.
    You get the prison suit by beating the mall cop. I do not know about the knight suit, but I do know that the helmet is obtainable through the poker mission, Ante Up.
    Last edited by slickwilly13; 05-Oct-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Undisclosed
    Beat the game. I am in Overtime. I was not expecting this to happen.

United States
    didn't you beat the first one, slick?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    didn't you beat the first one, slick?
    No, I lost interest after the military showed up.

*update* Completed Overtime.
    Last edited by slickwilly13; 06-Oct-2010 at 09:37 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    You get the prison suit by beating the mall cop. I do not know about the knight suit, but I do know that the helmet is obtainable through the poker mission, Ante Up.
    I got the helmet. Does it provide any special benfits or does it just look dumb?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I got the helmet. Does it provide any special benfits or does it just look dumb?

For now, just look dumb. You need the entire suit. When completed it doubles your health and breaks off like armor on Ghouls & Ghost leaving you in your underwear . I will post the requirements for the armor in DR2 tips. Btw, I made a mistake. The convict suit is obtainable after killing 10 psychopaths.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's funny because on the first playthrough i have no idea when i undertake a mission if it's going to be a psycho or a survivor. You can always tell by the cutscene and when they start talking crazy giberish.

It sucks when i have like 5 suvivors in tow and one of these guys pop up. I high tail it out of there.

Last time i tried to take out a psycho with survivors with me they died between the psycho and the damage they took from me getting in my way while i was hacking the bastard.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Last time i tried to take out a psycho with survivors with me they died between the psycho and the damage they took from me getting in my way while i was hacking the bastard.

Just send them away and they should leave you alone