Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Is Miguel A Fool?

United States
    This is exactly why I think Big Daddy was bad for the Romero universe. You let zombies take the next evolutionary step toward intelligence and pretty soon they start coming onto forums and talking about plato.

You just shoot em in the head. Just like the sheriff said. They're all messed up.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    yes he is twisting plato's allegory of about the cave to suit his deranged, conspiracy minded politics.

i edited this post. previously i had described exactly what plato's allegory was but now i have thought better of it. i am not going to debate classical philosophy in this thread which is supposed to be about miguel nor am i going to feed into a certain new members rants.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    And back to Miguel.

I still don't see how this can all be pinned on Miguel. Rhodes was the commanding officer. He put Miguel in the volatile situation after being told point blank that the guy was unfit for duty.

"I need all the men I got." Why? If he was feeling overtaxed he should've told the researchers that he and his men were taking a break. He made it perfectly clear that he was in charge. Why was he still doing their bidding? It's not like they were fighting for their lives. They could've taken a week or a month and done absolutely nothing.

Miguel turned out to be spoon in the ass. But the signs were there. As to why he let the zombies in - who knows? Why does a guy kill his family then turn the gun on himself? Who knows? But it happens - spoon in the ass.

I believe it could've been Rhodes or Dr. Logan who went haywire just as easily.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    "I need all the men I got." Why? If he was feeling overtaxed he should've told the researchers that he and his men were taking a break. He made it perfectly clear that he was in charge. Why was he still doing their bidding? It's not like they were fighting for their lives. They could've taken a week or a month and done absolutely nothing.
    agreed. there were several characters poised on the edge of crackerdog. a nice long break with plenty of fat joints and lots of valium would've improved everyone's outlook on life considerably. this group of people needed to escape from reality for a little while.

England
    Rhodes was definately on the edge, he wasn't bluffing when he told Steel to shoot Sarah.

I don't think a break would've done anybody any good...they would still have been trapped in a bunker with folks they hated, zombies inside, zombies outside and no real hope of rescue/relief.

I can understand Rhodes's frustration, he was a soldier who was being told not to kill the enemy and losing his men whilst not killing the enemy.

That would piss me off...I would also be tempted to just go out and "blow the piss" out of 'em all.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    a break would've been a stop gap measure for sure. any group of people holed up underground would go completely coo-coo for coco puffs after awhile. the only real way to defuse the slide toward insanity would've been to

a. find someplace safe out in the sunlight
    b. find some other people
    c. give up on the pipe dream of finding a reason, cure or cause and get back to living.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Redge777 View Post
    In another thread you pointed up to my thread ^ and said I was like a virus.

Lets see, you say my post are bad, viruses are bad. You say my posts spread. And in this post you ask me to talk about something else.

Ok, lets talk about why my comments are bad, would they not only be bad if you already knew my symbolism and considered its knowledge spreading being bad. What if people read your post and realized you see the same thing, but do not talk about it to protect through secrecy a certain world position. You even call my ideas crazy, yet I ask people to stop and think, what is more crazy, my comments, or your worry about them being viral and begging that I stop.

If my comments were not true, wouldn't you just assume nobody would believe them and not care if they were posted?

I think your comments support something, something you don't want discussed. If my comments are incorrect please show me where.

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...?t=1556&page=3
    In this page when people were commenting on meaning, with many comments about people being dumb, and even one about sheep, you said that you agreed. Why is there symbolism ok, yet mine is somehow crazy. I smell an agenda you may have.

Sir, it is not that one person's symbolism is better than yours. It is that all you seem to talk about has to revolve around your need to shove your views down everyone's throat. You are free to think and write as you wish, however, it is getting tiresome and boring. Please understand, it is not that you are wrong, or someone else is wrong, or someone is right or that you are right. Really, it is a matter of being quite bored with your constant tirade about elites and zombies, etc.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    agreed everyone has opinion.

my coment was in tne context of a member that said it had no value, then said I was like a virus. It was not just saying I was correct, it was inviting other opinions.

Like yours, thanks
    Google ("Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars" "Must Read Article") both terms. It is a red pill about the 53-54 revolution, if you read the entire thread and all the links.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Redge777 View Post
    agreed everyone has opinion.

my coment was in tne context of a member that said it had no value, then said I was like a virus. It was not just saying I was correct, it was inviting other opinions.

Like yours, thanks
    But a virus is a symbol of the spead of information from the power elite to the common man. Right? The information spread is highly classified. . . but i'm gonna tell you anyways. . . lean closer . . . .. . . ... . . . . .here it is. . . . . You are annoying!!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    I did not know viral spread was uni directional.
    Google ("Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars" "Must Read Article") both terms. It is a red pill about the 53-54 revolution, if you read the entire thread and all the links.

United States
    Maybe not, but your brain is.

I can't do this anymore. I'm done.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    a break would've been a stop gap measure for sure. any group of people holed up underground would go completely coo-coo for coco puffs after awhile. the only real way to defuse the slide toward insanity would've been to

a. find someplace safe out in the sunlight
    b. find some other people
    c. give up on the pipe dream of finding a reason, cure or cause and get back to living.
    I don't think a break would have helped, they were too far over the edge, and too convinced that what they were doing was worthless. They wanted out, especially Rhodes. He should have put Miguel under observation, but under the observation of who? With all the stress bearing down on them, no one in that cave was thinking correctly. Giving the men more time to remain idle would have just made them worse.

Should have put a guard on the elevator and one on the corral, then made preparations for withdrawl to some place safe.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    I can't do this anymore. I'm done.
    I could lighten things up with a song or two, maybe this is why Miguel cracked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oaSZxd9jOY

Shock doctrine, yea, through the fire, smothing knocked me out of the trees. Yea Yea Yea!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGksmlTWCFE

I have always liked Billy Joel.

No wait its just shadows on the wall, were did I put my chains, hmm.

United States
    So let's assume that rest - i.e. sitting idle - wouldn't have helped.

Perhaps Rhodes should've had his men go up topside and clear the zombies off the fences. Give them some room to move outside, let them see the sun, and blow off some steam all at once.

I just hate to see Miguel taking the brunt of the blame for the events of Day when Rhodes was shooting scientists in the head and throwing the non-military support staff to the zombies.

Dying

Undisclosed
    Were the scientists helping?