Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Fallout: New Vegas

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Yeah ive never had a problem with fallout 3 or oblivion.

United States
    http://twitter.com/Fallout/statuses/11794763531419649
    We’ve wrapped up work on the Fallout: New Vegas patch and submitted it. We’ll let you know when it’s up on PS3, 360, and Steam.
    Not much longer and I'll be able to keep playing. Yay, I guess.

-- -------- Post added 11-Dec-2010 at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-Dec-2010 at 06:26 PM ----------

The patch is up for the PS3 version. The PC and 360 release will be on "Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday" according to this post.

List of fixes:

Top Fixes

- Companions now show up as waypoints on the map
    - Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away
    - Fix: DLC error/save corruption
    - Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption
    - Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings
    - Crafting menu now filters valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list
    - Weathered pistol no longer glitches when applying mods

In addition, this patch addresses issues with the following areas:

- Pip-Boy Interface
    - Repair Menu
    - Caravan
    - Weapons and Weapon Mods
    - Hardcore Mode
    - Perks
    - Skills
    - Crafting Recipes
    - Crafting Menu
    - Mojave Express
    - Chems/Addiction
    - Doctors
    - Vendors
    - PreOrder DLC Items
    - Reputation System
    - Radio Stations
    - Companion fixes
    - Companion Quests

And fixes for the following quests:

- Ain’t That a Kick in the Head
    - By a Campfire on The Trail
    - They Went That-a-Way
    - My Kind of Town
    - Boulder City Showdown
    - Ring a Ding Ding!
    - King’s Gambit
    - For The Republic, Part 2
    - Render Unto Caesar
    - Et Tumor, Brute?
    - The House Always Wins
    - Wild Card
    - Beyond the Beef
    - GI Blues
    - How Little We Know
    - Oh My Papa
    - Still In The Dark
    - You’ll Know It When It Happens
    - Arizona Killer
    - Eureka!
    - Veni, Vidi, Vici
    - All or Nothing
    - No Gods, No Masters
    - Birds of a Feather
    - I Put A Spell On you
    - Come Fly With Me
    - That Lucky Old Sun
    - Don’t Make a Beggar of Me
    - The White Wash
    - Ghost Town Gunfight
    - Restoring Hope
    - Bleed Me Dry
    - Aba Daba Honeymoon
    - Tend To Your Business
    - Wang Dang Atomic Tango
    - Flags of Our Foul-Ups
    - Debt Collector
    - Talent Pool
    - Left My Heart
    - Someone To Watch Over Me
    - Hard Luck Blues

---------- Post added 16-Dec-2010 at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was 11-Dec-2010 at 02:56 PM ----------

The patch is finally up for the 360 version.

Also, a trailer for the Dead Money DLC:

Undisclosed
    My game keeps crashing after I downloaded the patch. Looks like I am going to have to start over.

United States
    Anyone else download Dead Money? I'm only about 20 minutes in, and the atmosphere is already very different than the main game. It's got a Bioshock/House on Haunted Hill vibe going on, pretty cool.

Will report back when I've finished it, apparently it takes 4-6 hours.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    My game keeps crashing after I downloaded the patch. Looks like I am going to have to start over.
    Slick, that sucks! You're definitely giving me second thoughts about booting up the game when I get home tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Anyone else download Dead Money? I'm only about 20 minutes in, and the atmosphere is already very different than the main game. It's got a Bioshock/House on Haunted Hill vibe going on, pretty cool.

Will report back when I've finished it, apparently it takes 4-6 hours.
    I've yet to download it, but will do so soon. I want to double check and make sure it's not causing any widespread trouble. Definitely liking your initial impressions of it, Coin. Hope it finishes out as well as it started out for you.

By the way, did you kill the main questline yet? Just wondering. I'm not rushing it, as I don't know if I'll do more than 1 playthrough or not and want this one to be a game I play for a long time to come.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    By the way, did you kill the main questline yet? Just wondering. I'm not rushing it, as I don't know if I'll do more than 1 playthrough or not and want this one to be a game I play for a long time to come.
    Nope, not even close to finishing the main questline. I've been labeled a terrorist by the NCR though, so that might take a good chunk of the quests away from me. It seems impossible to do a 100% playthrough on your first run because of all the warring factions.

I'm a good bit into the DLC now, although I haven't even been into the Sierra Madre yet. Keeping in line with the main game, the writing continues to be some of the best I've run across in gaming. I'd suggest making sure your speech is maxed out and you're at least level 20 before starting Dead Money. Same with lockpicking.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Nope, not even close to finishing the main questline. I've been labeled a terrorist by the NCR though, so that might take a good chunk of the quests away from me.
    Well, all I'll say from what I've done in game is that you hit the nail on the head with the different factions making it difficult to do a 100% close out of the game, at least from what I've seen so far. But as the old saying goes: when one door closes another opens...or something like that.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    I was just attacked by a gang of grannies. No joke. Irate Ida, Malefic Maud, and Rancorous Ruth

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Just joined the Brotherhood, they've always been my favourite ever since the very first Fallout. Bad ass techno-paladins who kick ass and take names. The sweet stuff. Plus Power Armor rocks.

This is definetly a game I'm gonna play through twice. There's just too much to do for just one playthrough, and a lot of roads get blocked depending on which side you pick. But after I beat it the first time I'm gonna go back to Fallout 3 to get a better perspective on that game.

Undisclosed
    I am playing Dead Money after reaching level 27. The Evil Dead is also an influence. Body dismemberment or they will get back up.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Still having a blast, by the way. Just can't wait for the battle at Hoover Dam.

Ireland
    Finished this yesterday.

I sided with Yes Man.

The whole game seemed to end somewhat abruptly though.

Hope there's more addon's like there were for Fallout 3.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I never had a days problem with either F3 or Oblivion.

But New Vegas is as dodgy as hell.

That and it fried my fecking graphics card...GRRRRRRRRR.
    In fairness, it probably didn't fry your graphics card. That's like blaming Windows Media Player for breaking your speakers. It's virtually impossible for any software to damage properly working hardware. Think about it - if it was possible, you'd have all kinds of viruses designed to fry your processors and memory chips or whatever. But you don't.

Seems like your card died or is glitching out maybe because the fan is failing and the unit's overheating.

Undisclosed
    A word of advice for Dead Money. You will team up with 3 others: a bald and scarred woman, a Nightskin, and a ghoul named Dean Domino. They can be either saved or killed towards the end.

Dean is the trickiest one to save. Despite the fact he is a prick, you must be nice and whatever you do. Do not insult him in any way, because he will try to kill you late in the game. There is no speech check or evidence that will change the outcome if you insult him in any way during your first meeting with him. I had to kill him, unfortunately.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    In fairness, it probably didn't fry your graphics card. That's like blaming Windows Media Player for breaking your speakers. It's virtually impossible for any software to damage properly working hardware. Think about it - if it was possible, you'd have all kinds of viruses designed to fry your processors and memory chips or whatever. But you don't.

Seems like your card died or is glitching out maybe because the fan is failing and the unit's overheating.
    Yeh, but I'm blaming Fallout anyway.

The VRam chip got burned out on the Geforce 8800GTS, probably due to a combination of overheating and the stress of trying to push the textures in New Vegas, which can be a bit of a monster to run.

Anyway, got a GTX 460 now, cos Komplett fluffed the delivery of my original choice. The Sapphire HD5780.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....