Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V (video game)

United States

Super Moderator

UK
    Randy Marsh ... that is all.

I'm gonna have to go over this video a few times to pick out some choice things, but generally - wow - that looks fantastic!

I spent more than 200 hours in Liberty City, and there wasn't much variety to the place ... so I can easily see myself having another 200 hours out of this!

Annnnd ... Randy Marsh all over again!

- - - Updated - - -

Okay ... going through the video, here's some things that stand out to me:

* Underwater exploration - looks cool as shit. I imagine there'll be plenty of things to go hunting around for in those areas - is that a sunken oil rig in the beginning there?

* 3/4 View map/GPS system - but what are those three colours of different sized segments all about? Health/Armour/Annnnnd???

* Bugger me that mountain looks HIGH!

* "Ponsonbys"

* Range of locations and feels - pricey Hollywood, dusty and dirty desert, the LS underworld, and more...

* Severed leg down the toilet ...

* Cutting between characters during missions looks really cool - I imagine you'll be able to get all the choice opportunities without much of the dull in-between stuff - hence you can do the flying, do the rappel/capture, do the sniping, and so on - rather than just be trapped in one role, so that's very cool.

* Stats - looks like each character has different strengths, and that you can build up your stats to improve your characters.

* Shooting mechanics look like, as I was expecting, a further step up from the last Rockstar game, which was Max Payne 3 (and the shooting mechanics were rather good in that game). So a vast improvement over GTA IV.

* Massive billboard with "Gusset" underwear on it. And I'm assuming that's their version of the Chateau Marmont in the same shot? Hopefully we'll get to play in there.

* Medical Marijuana - health recovery?

* Switching of characters in free roam looks cool too - notice also the 'day counter'.

* Hunting - nifty.

* Yep, green bar is health - there's also a 'line of sight' indicator when Franklin's shooting, so I'd imagine that will lend itself to being sneaky during fights and being able to surprise enemies by changing position unseen.

* Night-time Los Santos looks lovely - all neon-drenched - very "Drive", baby.

* The tow-truck take-down of the armoured car - very Michael Mann.

* Custom heists - very cool - go quiet, or go loud - so that's better replayability too. I imagine first time through I'll try and do it the best way, and then on a second run-through do it the ballsy way.

* Property and Stock investments - interesting...

United States
    re: gameplay video

words escape me right now. i thought i was pumped for this game before, but holy shit.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Elders react to GTA V:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jyo62HaeFs&feature=player_embedded

The eldest lady in that video just cracks me up - she's totally up for playing some GTA V.

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wSrjYdEgQg

A look at the online component of GTA V - those who play online should be in for a treat by the looks of things!

I'm not an onliner player, but this video gives even the singler player folks a further glimpse at things they'll be able to do in-game, sights to see, vehicles to play with and so on. Looks appropriately epic.

United States

I so can't wait for this to come out. So much awesomeness in these previews. I just hope the game lives up to what we're seeing.

Administrator

England
    ^^ This thing is looking insane!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    I think the xbox or PS3 is going to expolde with all the stuff that's packed into this game.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I think the xbox or PS3 is going to expolde with all the stuff that's packed into this game.
    That's why the PS4 and Xbox One are just around the corner - They've decided that it's probably cheaper to launch the next generation than to foot the repair bill for all those broken consoles...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    That's why the PS4 and Xbox One are just around the corner - They've decided that it's probably cheaper to launch the next generation than to foot the repair bill for all those broken consoles...

I don't care who you are, that was funny right there.

Super Moderator

UK
    Looking at Max Payne 3 - which looks gorgeous on Xbox360 - GTA V really isn't much of a stretch in terms of being possible, although clearly they're pushing themselves as they require an install (hence why I had to buy one of those USB drives for the 8gb worth of content to be installed to play in conjunction with the inserted disc).

Although if you look at the skin, or clothing, or even landscapes in the distance, I do wonder if they've had to scale down/simplify with certain textures ... not in a shitty way, but just in a slightly simpler way, to keep everything in balance. Although I suppose great big open areas can be achieved when you're not having to construct a really dense city (like in GTA IV), so there's more data 'spread out' by comparison, so you've got a larger landscape to explore.

Either way though, it does look stellar - and Rockstar did delay it by six months to polish the game. I've never had a bad experience with a Rockstar game, they're always solid when I've played them. Maybe the odd little clipping glitch, or a character getting stuck momentarily, or some silly thing, but never anything game-breaking ... Ubisoft would do well to pay attention, but they're on a yearly release schedule so they're pinching off Assassin's Creed games on two-year cycles so it seems ... Rockstar have been beavering away on this for like five years.

That all said - hopefully GTA V isn't a console breaker!

*fingers crossed*

United States
    damn, i may be more excited for the online aspect than i am for the regular game now.

i just really hope that i can use my custom character without having to go online, say if my gold was to expire, internet would be down, etc. either way, i know i'm gonna be having a total blast with this game, particularly online with my friends.

i'm already feeling pity on some of my games that are currently on my to-play list, as they are gonna be pushed even further back on the list once this gem is released.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i'm already feeling pity on some of my games that are currently on my to-play list, as they are gonna be pushed even further back on the list once this gem is released.

Aye - I've still not played BioShock Infinite, and Saints Row 4 is being shafted back to Xmas sales in my view. Should be able to get a great deal on both once I'm done unloading all over Los Santos.

Ireland
    ...once I'm done unloading all over Los Santos.
    Ahem...you forgot the "Randy Marsh covered in his own muck" jpg
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Ahem...you forgot the "Randy Marsh covered in his own muck" jpg

Scroll down and I'm sure I've used it in this thread once or twice already.

Oh lawdy yes, though ... I'm anticipating a total spoodge-fest over this game ... oh, mercy!