Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Walking Dead" - Official Trailers/Clips

United States
    i've been telling all my friends and family about this show, most of them aren't even fans of zombie films and think this looks like it has a lot of potential.

the only single thing i've seen that bothers me (and it's a very minor gripe) is the writing on the doors in the hospital (seen in bassman's signature). first of all, my mind always wants to read it as "don't dead, open inside", and the lettering almost looks like somebody took a lot of time to make it look like urban graffiti or some shit.

as i said, that's a pretty minor gripe, and i've been keeping up with every tidbit released about this and that's the only thing that stands out as an issue.....that and the fact that halloween is still over 3 weeks away.

and i guess i'm also a bit bummed by the fact that we only get 6 episodes in season 1....hopefully they get the ball rolling and season 2 starts soon, and we don't have to wait till next halloween for that to start.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    the only single thing i've seen that bothers me (and it's a very minor gripe) is the writing on the doors in the hospital (seen in bassman's signature). first of all, my mind always wants to read it as "don't dead, open inside", and the lettering almost looks like somebody took a lot of time to make it look like urban graffiti or some shit.
    It always annoys me in comic books when two people are having a conversation, but the bubbles are in some weird order.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Do you guys realize we only have 26 days to go?!?!?!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Shane Walsh

Awesome promo...

EDIT: I added all the youtube videos from the thread into the first post. Make it a little easier to get your TWD fix in one spot.
    Last edited by bassman; 05-Oct-2010 at 02:07 PM.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Shane Walsh

Awesome promo...

EDIT: I added all the youtube videos from the thread into the first post. Make it a little easier to get your TWD fix in one spot.

Good man. Cheers
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow, that new TV advert is awesome. Sure to bring in more viewers, due to it seeming more like an action/horror than a drama.

United States
    Shane Walsh

the dude playing shane was also featured in "the pacific", and he did very well with that role. listening to him and seeing bits of how he's portraying the character, shane on screen appears to be much more likeable than shane from the comics.

i think it's funny he mentioned wanting to be a part of this forever, surely he's aware of what happens to his character...and i predict that will be the big finale for season one. maybe he can hang around on set and put on zombie makeup and be one of the walking dead hanging around in the background in big herds of zombies....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

i think it's funny he mentioned wanting to be a part of this forever, surely he's aware of what happens to his character...and i predict that will be the big finale for season one. maybe he can hang around on set and put on zombie makeup and be one of the walking dead hanging around in the background in big herds of zombies....

I think he was meaning something more along the lines of this show being respected and remembered forever and he's glad to be a part of it. That was my take on it, anyway. And yeah....my first thought was "You gone die!!!".

But hey...they've said they're changing some things to make the show a different experience. Who knows? Maybe Shane will stick around a while longer...

-- -------- Post added 11-Oct-2010 at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-Oct-2010 at 09:05 AM ----------

20 minute Making-of documentary. I'll put up the youtube version as soon as it's available.
    Last edited by bassman; 06-Oct-2010 at 01:06 PM.

England
    Apparently the 6 1/2 minutes shown at NYCC are online according to Dread Central. Can't find them anywhere though.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Apparently the 6 1/2 minutes shown at NYCC are online according to Dread Central. Can't find them anywhere though.
    It's VERY rough, but here it is. Starts around 2:30.

It's actually got some good laughs. "Is there good news?" "No."

England

I think he was meaning something more along the lines of this show being respected and remembered forever and he's glad to be a part of it. That was my take on it, anyway. And yeah....my first thought was "You gone die!!!".

But hey...they've said they're changing some things to make the show a different experience. Who knows? Maybe Shane will stick around a while longer...

---------- Post added 11-Oct-2010 at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-Oct-2010 at 09:05 AM ----------

20 minute Making-of documentary. I'll put up the youtube version as soon as it's available.
    Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL0OAhq6cpA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7gYbnspwGg

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    at this point, i'm done watching any more clips until the real deal hits on halloween night. seriously, there's so much footage out there, if you were able to splice it all in order together you'd probably have about 20 minutes of the pilot.

i realize it's only the first couple of episodes they've been previewing, but i want to be able to watch it for the first time and not feel as if i've already seen the whole thing in clips and previews already.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You've got a point, prof. At first they were showing limited scenes that wouldn't really ruin the show, but recently i've seen some pretty major plot points spoiled. Particularly one involving a certain...."friendly" relationship.

Speaking of....at the NYCC the crowd booed Shane when they got to his turn to talk.

United States
    an example of how i feel as if i've already seen too much is the shot of rick inside of the tank with the dead soldier. i would've loved to have seen that for the first time on screen and been like "oh shit!" instead of already knowing what he's gonna find when he makes it into the tank....no more, dude. i want to at least have a few "oh damn!" moments come on oct 31!

*hides head in sand*

England
    an example of how i feel as if i've already seen too much is the shot of rick inside of the tank with the dead soldier. i would've loved to have seen that for the first time on screen and been like "oh shit!" instead of already knowing what he's gonna find when he makes it into the tank....no more, dude. i want to at least have a few "oh damn!" moments come on oct 31!

*hides head in sand*
    That is a valid point, Prof, every time I watched the older clip, I kept thinking "shit, I wonder if there is a zack in that tank?"

Now I know without seeing it on the show-proper.

Still...what great moment...tank zombie looked fucking boss!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon