Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: TWD 2x07 "Pretty Much Dead Already" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Imagine if Hershel or someone else on the farm was somehow involved in her death?
    ooh, never thought of that... may explain why hershel is so determined to get rid of them...

bring on episode 8!

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Imagine if Hershel or someone else on the farm was somehow involved in her death?
    Shane did it.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Shane did it.
    He has done everyone... erm everything else bad on the show.

United States
    Shane did it.
    I knew it!

United States
    Zophia did not look like she had been stuck in a muddy boggy creek when she came out of the barn...maybe all the mud had dried and fell off of her shoes, legs, pants and such. Kirkman can say what he wants, but Otis finding her and wrangling her in the barn and not telling anyone...that just does not seem logical...maybe Otis wanted to keep her a secret, maybe Otis likes little zombie girls.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Snack View Post
    Zophia did not look like she had been stuck in a muddy boggy creek when she came out of the barn...
    Now that is a very interesting point! Good eyes.

Kirkman can say what he wants, but Otis finding her and wrangling her in the barn and not telling anyone...that just does not seem logical.
    I sort of hope it becomes a non-issue, but they may retcon it, as someone else mentioned.

Then again, it seems logical to me. He didn't see anyone handy to mention it to before he grabbed his firearm and headed out the door...then he shot a little boy by mistake (oops) so he was preoccupied. Then he died. Hershel never suspected the little girl was there, as he'd never heard a report about a little girl from Otis. All very simple and straightforward, no conspiracy theories necessary.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    That sounds logical too....but I think, purposeful or not, the way everything played out it's very easy to take for granted someone else knew, at least for me anyways. This would make some great flashback scenes.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Dead

United States
    Hopefully there's a skirmish and Hershel off's himself after lighting the farm on fire. Then the group takes their show on the road where we get to see some of the world gone to shit and how they survive in it. I'm really sick of all this Little House On The Prairie shit!!!

England
    I really wouldn't be surprised if staying on the farm is linked to the budget cuts and don't forget they are an episode down in terms of numbers. More money that had to be found.
    Hopefully they have loaded most of the budget in the 2nd half of the season.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Hopefully they have loaded most of the budget in the 2nd half of the season.
    In a recent interview Norman Reedus(Daryl) says that the second half of the season is really the "fireworks". Looks like the people that were bored with the drama may get more of the action they were hoping for.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    In a recent interview Norman Reedus(Daryl) says that the second half of the season is really the "fireworks". Looks like the people that were bored with the drama may get more of the action they were hoping for.
    Yeah. This surviving on the road and moving locations costs bundles in production. People need to understand that. You can't have an action movie every episode or even 2 episodes on a tv budget. I can see the complaints already when they arrive where we think they will at the end of this season.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

United States
    I can see the complaints already when they arrive where we think they will at the end of this season.
    I had that very thought this morning

England
    Yeah. This surviving on the road and moving locations costs bundles in production. People need to understand that. You can't have an action movie every episode or even 2 episodes on a tv budget. I can see the complaints already when they arrive where we think they will at the end of this season.
    I think people are aware of these issues/constraints, but if you are told a series is about zombiegeddon, it's not unreasonable to want to see zombiegeddon.

As an aside...another two months wait sucks cock!

I think in a way that I almost enjoyed this (half) season more than the first season...sort of. Maybe it's because we know enough about most of the characters now or something.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

United States
    Yeah, I definitely feel attached. It struck me the other day that anything could happen to Daryl. I mean, anything could happen to anyone, but Daryl is a very unknown quantity as a non-canonical character. It'd be crazy to see him as a zed. That'd be great if it happens eventually, too. Gotta be somewhat ruthless with the known quantities in the storytelling department, at some point.

England
    Yeah, I definitely feel attached. It struck me the other day that anything could happen to Daryl. I mean, anything could happen to anyone, but Daryl is a very unknown quantity as a non-canonical character. It'd be crazy to see him as a zed. That'd be great if it happens eventually, too. Gotta be somewhat ruthless with the known quantities in the storytelling department, at some point.
    Actually, maybe the farm lay off wasn't so bad, in season one (all six episodes) we met quite a few people/groups which didn't leave much time to get to know the main characters, most folks have probably decided on who they like and don't like so much now.

Oh, they better not kill Daryl, he is the fucking man! Brilliant character, I think I'd cry like a girl if they offed him.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon