Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    Just didn't see any productivity in it becoming a debate....
    Isn't that what this place is for?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Isn't that what this place is for?
    Unproductive debates? It's our specialty

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    But seriously, If anyone can't tolerate the opinions of of others on this forum, perhaps THEY should leave.

If there's something you don't agree with fine, then make it known. It's your right.

But if someone is making a point, civilly, I don't really see what the problem is.

Many people think that just because they believe soemthing fervently that makes it a fact. I'm here to tell you that it ain't so.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Many people think that just because they believe soemthing fervently that makes it a fact. I'm here to tell you that it ain't so.
    Soooo.....it's your opinion that it ain't so. Does that make it fact?

Thank you everyone, thank you. I'll be here all week and remember that the 9 o'clock show is totally different from the 3 o'clock.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Soooo.....it's your opinion that it ain't so. Does that make it fact?

That however is one of the few Universal truths in life. No one knows everything and no one has a monopoly on the truth. And beware of anyone who says that they do.

So yeah, that is a fact.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I was just pulling your chain, darth.

So yeah....Survival of the Dead. News would be nice...

Super Moderator

United States

So yeah....Survival of the Dead. News would be nice...
    Definitely. So, has there been an official confirmation that this is the title?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Yeah, a completed trailer would be nice, since the post-production is obviously finished - or nearly finished - now.

Twitching

United States
    Wasn't a big deal,
    I'm just used to the knee-jerk reaction by some when you happen to bring up GAR's unfortunate addiction to prioritizing social commentary over plot. A lot of times when you make such a statement in support of a separate idea (which the main debate concerns) things get derailed into a separate debate about the commentary/plot issue.

Now, that's fine. Like you said, everyone is ABSOLUTELY entitled to their own opinion. My saying "keep it to yourself" was in no wise an attempt to abridge anyone's freedom to express any opinion they wish. I could have phrased it better I admit, since what I was trying to convey was my disinterest/unwillingness to participate in such a side debate again.

Freedom of expression is one of the few freedoms no one has come up with a way to screw up yet, and I cherish it.

Just thought I'd explain my statement.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Definitely. So, has there been an official confirmation that this is the title?
    Good lord yes. Here is a link to the Toronto Int. Film Festival site...
    http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/fi...aromerosofthed
    Google is a wonderful thing, you know?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Good lord yes. Here is a link to the Toronto Int. Film Festival site...
    http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/fi...aromerosofthed
    Google is a wonderful thing, you know?
    I'm not sure about Aces, but I don't know if I would call this official. Most likely this IS what the film is called, but it being listed as such on a schedule for a festival isn't exactly an official announcement...

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I'm not sure about Aces, but I don't know if I would call this official. Most likely this IS what the film is called, but it being listed as such on a schedule for a festival isn't exactly an official announcement...
    We know, at least, that it's the title it will be playing under at TIFF. No guarantee that this will be the definitive name though.

Take Dawn for example, it had about 15 different titles around the world. Even here in the UK, it was intially released as Zombies, with Dawn of the Dead as a subtitle (although over the years we've gradually fallen into like with the US on the title), wheras in several European countries it was called Zombi, and numerous other titles (including the amusing Dutch title: In de greep van de zombies).

Given the back-and-forth over the title for this one, I can see it potentially being given different names in different territories, perhaps even showing under the ...of the Dead in some areas.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 03-Aug-2009 at 09:10 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Bit of an iffy title, I think...
    does anyone know if it's going straight to video( which would be ok) or going to theaters(which would be better).

United States
    Do you guys think TIFF just made that title up?
    What exactly are you looking for as for an "official announcement"?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Do you guys think TIFF just made that title up?
    What exactly are you looking for as for an "official announcement"?
    Agreed, Lee. This is quite a silly debate actually.

I got that beat.

Last edited by capncnut; 04-Aug-2009 at 06:55 AM.