Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan Wake - (original video game)

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Down to $40 already? Awesome. I'm going to let it drop about 20 more and then give it a shot.
    See now you're pushing your luck. It should be a while before another price drop and in any case platinum hits normally go for 30.

Last edited by darth los; 24-Jun-2010 at 03:57 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    See now you're pushing your luck. It should be a while before another price drop and in any case platinum hits normally go for 30.
    Really? I often see games marked down to 20.

Maybe I'll look for a used copy. Should definitely be able to find it for 20 as a used game.

I'm just still not that excited about it, but willing to give it a shot.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Really? I often see games marked down to 20.

Maybe I'll look for a used copy. Should definitely be able to find it for 20 as a used game.

I'm just still not that excited about it, but willing to give it a shot.
    I'll tell you what, there's nothing out there like it right now. it's very well written as well.

I think you'll enjoy it.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'll tell you what, there's nothing out there like it right now. it's very well written as well.

I think you'll enjoy it.
    I'm definitely going to give it a go, i'm just waiting for the right moment(IE - cheaper). I've heard the story and look of the game is incredible, but i've also heard some slightly negative reviews on the fighting and weapons front.

Either way...I'm going to play it. Just waiting until I finish up Red Dead Redemption to my liking and hopefully by then Wake will be in a price range I'm comfortable with. Hell....if it's as addicting as some have said, I can probably just rent it for a week and knock it out.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    alan wakes already £20 over here, has been for weeks. same with lost planet 2, read dead killed em off.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    alan wakes already £20 over here, has been for weeks. same with lost planet 2, read dead killed em off.
    Kinda annoys me that, as I had mine pre-ordered, but well ... I did get to play it straight away - plus I wanted to show my support for Remedy.

I balance it out with sandbox games where I get a shedload of hours out of them for my money.

I'd agree with what was said before, Alan Wake feels unlike most other games on the market, it feels very much within its own world and the story and characterisation is strong - plus, the atmosphere - so ruddy good, that.

As for the combat, it's slightly weird to begin with, but I totally got into it soon enough and was feeling it. The combat was never really a problem therefore, it's just the jumping mechanic (which isn't used much) is a bit wanky, and the camera can occasionally make a slight arse of itself - but it's no big deal at all.

The game feels quality. You can feel the loving care and attention that's gone into it and most importantly - it's memorable.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Kinda annoys me that, as I had mine pre-ordered, but well ... I did get to play it straight away - plus I wanted to show my support for Remedy.

I balance it out with sandbox games where I get a shedload of hours out of them for my money.

I'd agree with what was said before, Alan Wake feels unlike most other games on the market, it feels very much within its own world and the story and characterisation is strong - plus, the atmosphere - so ruddy good, that.

As for the combat, it's slightly weird to begin with, but I totally got into it soon enough and was feeling it. The combat was never really a problem therefore, it's just the jumping mechanic (which isn't used much) is a bit wanky, and the camera can occasionally make a slight arse of itself - but it's no big deal at all.

The game feels quality. You can feel the loving care and attention that's gone into it and most importantly - it's memorable.
    Yeah a lot of heart and sole whent into this and if sam lake hadnt been unable to get to nottingham due to the volcano a month and a bit ago i was going to a talk of his and would have totally shook his hand for his quality work on max payne and alan wake.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm definitely going to give it a go, i'm just waiting for the right moment(IE - cheaper). I've heard the story and look of the game is incredible, but i've also heard some slightly negative reviews on the fighting and weapons front.

Either way...I'm going to play it. Just waiting until I finish up Red Dead Redemption to my liking and hopefully by then Wake will be in a price range I'm comfortable with. Hell....if it's as addicting as some have said, I can probably just rent it for a week and knock it out.

You owe it to yourself dude. It's awesome. You hear all these things about atmosphere and how movies should be like that but you will truly understand when you play it.

It MUST be played with the lights turned down and kids otherwise occupied.

It's a truly immersive experience.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    You owe it to yourself dude. It's awesome. You hear all these things about atmosphere and how movies should be like that but you will truly understand when you play it.

It MUST be played with the lights turned down and kids otherwise occupied.

It's a truly immersive experience.

IN THE DARK.

With SURROUND SOUND.

-ON A PROJECTOR FOR GOD TIER.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm about to give it a go on nightmare mode. Wish me luck.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    I'm about to give it a go on nightmare mode. Wish me luck.

its pretty easy, alan dies in 2 hits and shadows off taken take far long to burn off. but the ammo is still plentiful so it was the difficulty where i finally had to use flares and flash grenades an such as a necessity.

a lot more fun on nightmare though. the scares are much more intense when the fog rolls in and you hear something like "Iiiiii-Am cArllllll-sTuckY!!11" and the baby crying noise starts.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So you're saying depending on the difficulty the soound effects in the backround change?

Awesome. That rock concert should be pretty intense as well.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    So you're saying depending on the difficulty the soound effects in the backround change?

Awesome. That rock concert should be pretty intense as well.

no, its the same in all of them.

Undisclosed
    I just found out Gamefly is sending me this. I hope it is good.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    you're not going to want to send it back. Mainly because there's not really another game like it.