Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (film)

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Not too sure about the batmobile or the busy texture of the suit, but I LOVE that they're finally using the small "ears" on the cowl.
    1st thing I noticed, very Dark Knight Returns!

The batmobile...well, I'll wait and see till I get better look.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    1st thing I noticed, very Dark Knight Returns!
    Indeed, I noticed that as well. The smaller ears, the larger chest emblem, the more buff batman rather than the leaner versions we've seen in the past. I love it. Looks like he jumped straight off the page of Miller's DKR. No wonder Kevin Smith said comic fans would love it...

Between the basic premise, the "older" batman, the "one man who beat you!" quote at comic con, and now this suit reveal.....all signs point to Snyder definitely taking heavy inspiration from Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. Which is a very good thing, imo...

- - - Updated - - -

Closer look at Batman and a production prototype of the batmobile to get a better idea of the body as a whole...

Last edited by bassman; 13-May-2014 at 05:07 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Jesus H. but Ben looks super thick as hell.
    Is he that big now, or is that suit heavily padded?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    I imagine he's taking the role very seriously given the large wings he has to fill!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    that picture looks like it's almost concept art or from a video game. i'd really like to see what the suit and batmobile look like in broad daylight or without all the snazzy computer effects.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    that picture looks like it's almost concept art or from a video game. i'd really like to see what the suit and batmobile look like in broad daylight or without all the snazzy computer effects.
    Aside from being in black and white, what tips you off that it's had computer effects added? When Snyder posted it on his Twitter he actually listed what camera and lenses he used to take the picture himself, so I assumed he wouldn't have done any touch ups. Aside from the B&W, that is.

Administrator

England
    I want to hear Ben's Batman voice!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Aside from being in black and white, what tips you off that it's had computer effects added? When Snyder posted it on his Twitter he actually listed what camera and lenses he used to take the picture himself, so I assumed he wouldn't have done any touch ups. Aside from the B&W, that is.
    i just meant that it looks computer enhanced, not saying i think it actually is. it's hard to put my finger on what exactly bothers me about it....not trying to jump on the hate-wagon or anything, mind you. it just looks less realistic than the graphics in the trailer for the upcoming arkham game on next-gen systems to me.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Noticed that too. The suit & his build both reminded me VERY much of the "Dark Knight Returns" version of Batman.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    ^

that's great. hadn't seen that one yet....spidey gets all the chicks and has a much cooler method of travel. here's a couple others i like:

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So the wheels are fully exposed? Has a sort of dune buggy vibe to it....

There have also been rumors that it somehow doubles as the batwing. Batman's gotta fly to keep up with Superman, I suppose. Could be false rumors based around Nolan's Tumbler/Batpod sequence, though.

United States
    Calling it Dawn of Justice, ehhhhh?
    https://tv.yahoo.com/news/batman-v-s...180700439.html
    Unless the two titular heroes are involved in a landmark Supreme Court case, the first part of the name is pretty self-explanatory, but the subtitle works as a lead-in to the already announced tentpole "Justice League."

That film will take its cue from Marvel's "The Avengers" and expand the DC superhero universe to feature Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and, presumably, some combination of Green Lantern, Flash, Hawkman and Aquaman. "Man of Steel's" Zack Snyder is also set to direct "Justice League."

According to Deadline, principal photography on "Dawn of Justice" is underway, with Henry Cavill returning as Superman alongside Ben Affleck as Batman and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

They join "Man of Steel" vets Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane returning, and newcomers Ray Fisher (as Cyborg), Jesse Eisenberg (as Lex Luthor), Jeremy Irons (as Alfred Pennyworth) and Holly Hunter.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm no photoshop expert, but the light sources on that logo seem completely off to me....