Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3 (video game)

United States
    We're down to hours now for Anchorage!!

United States
    It's up! Here's the Xbox.com page to purchase and add to your 360 download queue if you won't be home to play for a while:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/ga...425307d5/?of=3

United States

any DLC reviews yet?

wow, i figured at least one person would post some tidbits about the DLC by now. i've had it downloaded for a couple of days, but have been working close to 12 hr. days (work for an electric company and the winter storms have got things all fucked up in my area), so i've not had a chance to check it out...till right now. so, if you'll excuse me....

United States
    I got it the night it came out at 1am lol. I forgot to post about it though.. OK SO...

SPOILERS

I liked it. I like the weopons you get after the simulation! The stealth suit by far is the best, auto infinite stealth boy upon crouch infin

United States

The Gauss Rifle kicks ass, it makes it way easier to take down Deathclaws now that you can knock them down. Overall the DLC was more action-oriented, and a bit more linear than I'd expected, but still pretty fun. Can't wait for The Pitt and Broken Steel!

Undisclosed
    Has anyone beaten this game, yet? How long is it? I have only covered maybe half the map. Btw, I made a Freddy-like glove from a Deathclaw hand. I bought a science theme, medic lab, and workbench for my house. One of my favorite weapons to use is the laser rifle I won for helping the android. It turns people in green goo sometimes. I clear out a ghoul hideout with a flamethrower. Another cool weapon. I am thinking about buying the game, before Streetfighter 4 comes out. But I am at level 15, I think. Would it be worth paying $60 if I am this far into it? How much more is left to do besides DLC?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i finished about 90% and im at 40+ hours, all ive got left is to find a few more places in the middle bottom and upper right and kill 2 more behemoths.

-oh, and 7 more bobbleheads.

overall i favour the alien blaster, the tesla enclave armour and "fisto!" when i just want to punch a deathclaw through a car.

United States
    finally chased down all those neutral karma achievements, so now i've got all 72 for the entire game.

and for my next trick, i'm going on a rampage, murdering and pillaging and looting the shit out of megaton before i head out to tenpenny tower to nuke what's left of crappy little megaton.

can't wait to hear what ol' three dog's gonna have to say about all that.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 01-Dec-2009 at 12:41 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Why do people never give Megaton some love?

United States
    i've had the game a full year and haven't hit the switch yet, so to celebrate getting all the achievements, i figured "why not go on a killing spree and murder most of the town and then vaporize the place at sunset?"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Why do people never give Megaton some love?
    I did and do ... I did make another save point to specifically blow it up, just to see what it was like, but then reverted to my super awesome positive karma status and continued helping the place out, fixing their pipe leaks and such. Got my own gaff there too, defused the bomb and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i've had the game a full year and haven't hit the switch yet, so to celebrate getting all the achievements, i figured "why not go on a killing spree and murder most of the town and then vaporize the place at sunset?"
    You evil bugger.

United States
    Well, Trying to save money and so I fired up ole' Fallout 3 again for my 4th run.

The first time I played years ago....I played good and struggled my ass for caps the whole game until about level 15.

My second play through...I played evil and had more caps than I knew what to do with from almost the very beginning....

Don't really recall my third playthrough...Just remember my character was Female....

Well, Now I'm going back for a forth time. I never got to play all the expansions with Megaton around because I didn't hold onto my first character before they came out. and I must say, it's still almost as much fun as it was the first time around. I remembered a few tricks that made things 100x easier to be good this time around.
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 15-Sep-2012 at 06:25 AM. Reason: spelling

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    It still is fun. I have a character up I play now and then. I still haven't explored all of Fallout 3.

However, I did prefer New Vegas.

Super Moderator

United States
    Man, one of my fav current gen games, especially for the exploration/rpg angle, and it's nice to play a game that supports stealth and exploration,but doesn't skimp on the action. I do love New Vegas, though--some great mechanical improvements.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Man, one of my fav current gen games, especially for the exploration/rpg angle, and it's nice to play a game that supports stealth and exploration,but doesn't skimp on the action. I do love New Vegas, though--some great mechanical improvements.
    I've been meaning to get around to New Vegas at some point. I really enjoyed Fallout 3 (although I only got about a third of the way into a replay - as an evil bastard - before I got fed up, to be honest) ... got well over 100 hours out of FO3 though, and then did Brotherhood of Steel, and Point Lookout.