Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Indy 5 - Jumping a whole shoal of sharks?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    That's only one example you dingbat, so bullshit on your picture being the only possible outcome.

Double Atomic Bomb Survivor - 93 years old

Eat me, Dj.
    I see no pictures in your article other than a picture of the mushroom cloud. I need other evidence.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    What, you want me to travel to japan to take pictures of the dude? Actual proof of a 93 year old survivor is not good enough for you?

"Tsutomu Yamaguchi had already been a certified hibakusha, or radiation survivor, of the Aug 9, 1945, atomic bombing in Nagasaki. "

"As far as we know, he is the first one to be officially recognised as a survivor of atomic bombings in both Hiroshima and Nagasaki," said Toshiro Miyamoto, a Nagasaki city official. "It's such an unfortunate case, but it is possible that there are more people like him."

Nice try, no cigar Dj.

People may have "side effects" from the radiation, I'm sure, but they didn't touch on that in the movie. Perhaps Indy will develop some kinda mean, uncurable cancer from the blast in the next movie and they'll just take him to some cave somewhere and have him drink from a cup - then everything will be just fine.

Oh, and here ya go, put this in your pipe and smoke it:

Nagasaki Bomb Survivor (includes picture just for Dj)

And before you say "how do we know that's him, that pic doesn't identify him" CLICK HERE.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 27-Aug-2010 at 01:21 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    Lou, if you think proving the plausibility of such a thing in a 1 in a billion circumstance somehow corrects the script, dialogue, lack of onscreen chemistry and lackluster impression this film has left on some of us, you are going to be butting your head against a wall for a long, long time.

But I applaud your willingness to debate the matter.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Guys....Clearly Indy was cleaned of any radiation immediately following the blast. Janitor made sure he was okay before they accused him of treason.

I'm sure the guy doesn't want to be typecast, but it was strange seeing him in an Indy film....

Super Moderator

United States
    I like Janitor...whatever the actor's name who plays him might be.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Lou, if you think proving the plausibility of such a thing in a 1 in a billion circumstance somehow corrects the script, dialogue, lack of onscreen chemistry and lackluster impression this film has left on some of us, you are going to be butting your head against a wall for a long, long time.

But I applaud your willingness to debate the matter.
    Well, my examples aren't the only ones out there - there are quite a few more radiation survivors out there than what I've provided. Not sure what the odds are (we all know they're extremely slim), but, fact remains, people do survive these blasts (without the aid of a lead-lined fridge no less! ), albeit it not that many.

The main reason I posted that stuff is because Dj just LOVES fucking with me so I fuck with him right back. It's that "cat 'n mouse" thing, know what I mean? We do it just because it's fun to propagate our formula, which is this:

And by no means am I saying this corrects the script, but it does add validity to the 'surviving a nuclear bomb/blast.' It can happen, no matter how small the chances.

Besides, who doesn't like messing with Dj anyway?

United States
    I don't get all the trouble...it was a LEAD-LINED refrigerator!

Keeps you safe from Atomic blasts and Superman's x-ray vision!

Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I like Janitor...whatever the actor's name who plays him might be.
    I like him too. Everyone is just so used to seeing him on Scrubs at this point. When he came into the flick there was like a little chuckle and whisper through the crowd. Not that he was bad at the part(he actually made a good stuck up Fed), but he's just SO recognized from the show. I think he's also on some new show with Ray Ramano's hot wife.
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Aug-2010 at 02:15 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    I don't get all the trouble...it was a LEAD-LINED refrigerator!

Keeps you safe from Atomic blasts and Superman's x-ray vision!
    Well thank god it's an apple in the picture and not the Annoying Orange...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I think he's also on some new show with Ray Ramano's hot wife.
    Who's that?

I only remember a shrill, castrating harpy.

And her character was kind of a pill, too...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    To each his own. I always had a thing for her on that show. *shrugs shoulders*

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Who's that?

I only remember a shrill, castrating harpy.
    Yeah, dude. One of the more unattractive women in tv history. I understand she looks good for her age...but looks are so completely overshadowed by bitchiness. I also seem to recall she seemed a bit annoying in her public life, as well.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

To each his own. I always had a thing for her on that show. *shrugs shoulders*
    Just out of curiosity, was it physical attraction or a thing for her character's persona?

Ireland
    People have also survived atomic explosions. Without the aid of lead lined fridges. Both are extremely lucky - just like Indiana Jones.
    NOT at ground zero, they didn't.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Yep and they look like this

Don't see how they are lucky after going through that and looking like that.

So Bullshit on the fridge scene
    Fuckin ell DJ.

I don't know whether to laugh or be horrifed!!!!

No....no....laughing at your response...horrified at the poor lad in the pic.

Phew!!!
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Fuckin ell DJ.

I don't know whether to laugh or be horrifed!!!!
    I was horrified at first, however, after getting over that, the only thing that popped into my head was...

TIMMAH!!

I'm so going to hell for that...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    What, you want me to travel to japan to take pictures of the dude? Actual proof of a 93 year old survivor is not good enough for you?

"Tsutomu Yamaguchi had already been a certified hibakusha, or radiation survivor, of the Aug 9, 1945, atomic bombing in Nagasaki. "

"As far as we know, he is the first one to be officially recognised as a survivor of atomic bombings in both Hiroshima and Nagasaki," said Toshiro Miyamoto, a Nagasaki city official. "It's such an unfortunate case, but it is possible that there are more people like him."

Nice try, no cigar Dj.

People may have "side effects" from the radiation, I'm sure, but they didn't touch on that in the movie. Perhaps Indy will develop some kinda mean, uncurable cancer from the blast in the next movie and they'll just take him to some cave somewhere and have him drink from a cup - then everything will be just fine.

Oh, and here ya go, put this in your pipe and smoke it:

Nagasaki Bomb Survivor (includes picture just for Dj)

And before you say "how do we know that's him, that pic doesn't identify him" CLICK HERE.

That dude is gangsta. That's all I'm saying.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"