Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Dead Rising [Help, Tips] thread

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    y'know overtime mode is like 16 hours of non-stop gameplay.
    What?!?! Not 16 real-life hours, I hope? You mean 16 in-game hours... right???

Administrator

England
    no i dont know where he gets 16 hours from

overtime mode is a extra 24 hours of game time that takes place after the main game finishes IF you get the A ending.

its 24 hours of game time which is not 16 hours of real time and you get plenty of save points, so you dont have to do it all at once either

infinite mode however, is a pure survival mode, it goes on and on and on until you die.. your health is constantly degenerating so you need to find food all the time, but it dosn't respawn.

you can only unlock 5 day survivor and 7 day survivor in infinite mode, to unlock 7 day survivor (im informed by a very reliable source) takes 48 hours of REAL TIME, without saving and without stopping.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    7 day mode is the one im on about.

well 5 mins in real life is one hour in game ,7 days is 168 hours, which means (does the math) it takes 14 hours without stopping the game, hey only 2 hours off

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    14 hours... are they insane? It's safe to say I'll never complete 7 day mode.

Administrator

England
    if you get 5 day acheivement unlocked, you get the real laser sword which is apparently more powerful than the real megabuster and has the best attack in the game against zombies (if you do a double lariat with the laser sword, it stretches out to about 15ft and just kills every zombie in that range).

i going for 5 day mode now. if i can stretch it out to 7 all the better, its not that bad actually... just settle down with your xbox, your PC, some music playing or a DVD or something, get a cool drink ready and go psycho hunting

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    prefferably on a weekend though.

Administrator

England
    prefferably on a weekend though.
    ok. its day 6. im posting this from an abandoned store in the north plaza, its really hard to find food now.. dunno if i'll make it to day 7.

will let you know.

EDIT - 20 hours into day 6 and i died.

**** 7 day survivor, i am not doing that again, i got 5 day survivor and my sword anyway.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Weird. I killed the convicts on day two, just after midnight. It's now day three (about 30 hours later) but the convicts haven't respawned. I searched all over the park and they're nowhere to be found. I thought they came back every midnight???

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    they get replaced by the "hella copter" on day 3 but you need to trigger the army cutscene first.

United States
    hella copter was insanely hard for me to unlock. i havent played dead rising in awhile but i played it for a bit the other day and im thinking of playing 7 day survivor baby!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    ok. its day 6. im posting this from an abandoned store in the north plaza, its really hard to find food now.. dunno if i'll make it to day 7.

will let you know.

EDIT - 20 hours into day 6 and i died.

**** 7 day survivor, i am not doing that again, i got 5 day survivor and my sword anyway.
    Did you use the books to maximize your food/health ?? If you have the 3 books in your inventory you can triple the effectivness of the food items:

Grab all three food books. Stalls E201 (Entrance Plaza)-The Sinister Read (Health Book 1), W204 (Wonderland Plaza)-Sir Book-A-Lot (Health Book 2), and the Empty Store-North Plaza-key from Crislip psycho (Survival Book) will
    all have food books that when held together, will triple the life you restore from each food item. This means one apple will now recover three life blocks instead of one.

With the larger food items (milk, orange juice & mixed juices) I've gone from 1life bar all the way to full health. That makes it much easier to survive.

I want to go for the 7 Day Survivor but just haven't had the time needed to accomplish this. One of these days I'll get it though .

Administrator

England
    yeah had all 3 health books, had the book which makes bladed weapons last 3 aslong, only weapons i used were the katana and small chainsaws (when adam dropped them), kept my megabuster aside for psycho's.

all i kept doing was running around the mall, grabbing 4 or 5 peices of food then running to a safespot, letting my health deplete to 1 block then eating to recover it, repeating until i'd eaten my last peice of food, then running back into the mall and getting another 4 or 5 peices.

safespots around the mall in infinite mode are the blue canopy in paradise plaza, the roof of the picnic hut in the leisure park, 2 empty stores in the north plaza (close doors behind you), carlito's hideout in the north plaza, any cinema in colby's (close doors behind you), the fountin in al fresca (where the submachine gun is), the gym in al fresca, the antique shop in the entrance plaza (close days behind you).

thats it as far as i know... the security room is NOT safe in infinite mode. dont make that mistake.

oh and by the way, it was the crislip psycho who killed me in the end.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Does anybody know of an online guide for finding all of the survivors? I want my next (fourth) run through this game to be dedicated to only saving survivors.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    http://www.achieve360points.com/

...wait, th-theres a presence in the room.... its the channeled spirit of mz...hes saying......google....is your...freind

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    http://www.achieve360points.com/

...wait, th-theres a presence in the room.... its the channeled spirit of mz...hes saying......google....is your...freind
    Now, hells, why would I use Google when there is a "Dead Rising Help/Tips" thread?