Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinion of ZOMBIE (Lucio Fulci's film)

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Question Opinion of ZOMBIE (Lucio Fulci's film)

What does every one think about Lucio Fulci's Zombie. Looks tacky, but also looks to have great zombie and gore effects. Opinions?

Undisclosed
    a classic, IMHO
    "We Got this man, we got this by the ass!"

Austria
    I really like Fulci's "Zombie". One of the classic horrormovies. I personally like Romero's movies more, but right behind them "Zombie" is one of the best.

Especially the look of the Undead is really good, and it also has some nice gory scenes. This movie should be in every zombiemoviefans collection.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I agree it should be in every zombie fans collection, but Zombie is not the type of film you rent for a good story or character development. This is one you get just for the gore.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Being Attacked Zombieapocalypse's Avatar

Undisclosed

Fulci

Quote Originally Posted by brenleyman
    What does every one think about Lucio Fulci's Zombie. Looks tacky, but also looks to have great zombie and gore effects. Opinions?
    I am a HUGE Fulci fan. Zombie being my personal favorite of his "Horror/Zombie-Genre" Works. This movie is backed by a great score and some decent actors/Actresses. If your looking for a zombie film that even remotely comes close to GAR caliber stuff, Look no further than Fulci's zombie!
    VIOLENCE IS ITALIAN ART- Lucio Fulci

Dead

Undisclosed
    it is tacky. very, very tacky. But its good. Decent make-up effects and the music is decent. Of course, there are a few minutes that make you cringe simply because either the dialogue is terrible or you might just want to take a break from hearing the music played over and over and over again.

United Kingdom
    I'm also a MASSIVE fan of Lucio Fulci. In fact he is my 2nd favourite horror director of all-time right behind G.A.R.

"Zombie" (Zombie Flesh Eaters as it is known here in England) is a real classic. I love it. Best zombies I've ever seen.
    When there's no more room in Hell... the dead will walk the Earth...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Visit The Realm of Horror Comics: www.realmofhorrorcomics.com
    Visit my "DAY OF THE DEAD" fansite: www.realmofhorrorcomics.com/dayofthedead/mains.htm
    Visit my "CREEPSHOW" fansite: www.realmofhorrorcomics.com/creepshow

United States
    I consider Fulci's Zombie as one of the elites in terms of zombie films. The story itself is just there to provide some semblance of a plot, but it's all about the zombies and the gore. The splinter eye-gouge scene and the way its prolonged is still one of the best gore sequences. Then the gory tableaux of the wife as the zombies sat around casually picking up little morsels of flesh just capped it all off.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

Undisclosed

Has it's moments...

In addition to the gore, there are some very atmospheric and creepy scenes in the film. The zombie vs. shark scene is classic. I still prefer LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE/BREAKFAST AT MANCHESTER MORGUE as my fave non-Romero zombie flick (Gianetto De Rossi did the gore effects for both, I believe), but ZOMBIE is good.

I was lucky enough to catch ZOMBIE on the big screen recently here in Sacramento at our annual Trash Film Orgy. The (mostly) unsuspecting crowd was having a great time shouting smartass remarks at the screen regarding the general cheesiness (dubbing, 70's clothes, etc), as is the tradition at the Orgy. The splinter scene changed that, however. Those who hadn't seen the film previously were clearly blindsided by the gratuitous and unflinching nature of it. That quieted most of them down for a while. The second feature that night was NOTLD, by the way.

More info on the upcoming Orgy for any fans in Northern California:
    http://www.trashfilmorgy.com/

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'm gonna break this party.

I hate that film. I think it's horrible, cheesy and stupid beyond salvation. The plot needs to be at least a BIT engaging for me to like a film. If that fails, give me something I can at least like. This film didn't have that. The conquistadores zombie which took one minute to prepare himself for an attack on a girl one meter away (who just stood there, screaming). horrible, horrible crap.

The shark scene is alright (and I'm amazed at how they pulled it off) and the main theme is catchy (but not fitting). Overall, I hate every part of the film.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    The conquistadores zombie which took one minute to prepare himself for an attack on a girl one meter away (who just stood there, screaming).
    When I watched the Blue Underground special edition DVD a couple months back, I started laughing at that scene. It reminded me so much of the scene in the first Austin Powers where the henchman started screaming Nooo!!! at the steamroller slowly straight at him.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx
    When I watched the Blue Underground special edition DVD a couple months back, I started laughing at that scene. It reminded me so much of the scene in the first Austin Powers where the henchman started screaming Nooo!!! at the steamroller slowly straight at him.
    Haha, I never thought of that! If someone ever binds me a chair and forces me to watch Zombie again, I'll be sure to think of that

Fresh Meat

United States
    I bought this after reading about it on HPotD MB (the old one btw) and was sorely disappointed. Terrible acting, dubbing, and the so annoying replays of the same clips over and over ruined it for me. Slow and boring...i could go on and on.

I have watched it once, and will prolly never give it another view.

United Kingdom
    I think people are forgetting something important -

1. If the woman put her hand up, closed her eyes, or moved her head there wouldn't be a scene.

2. When Brian's girlfriend gets bitten on the neck, if she ran away, there wouldn't be a scene.

You have to make allowances for films. They'd be very boring if they were 100% realistic all the time.
    When there's no more room in Hell... the dead will walk the Earth...
    Visit The Realm of Horror Comics: www.realmofhorrorcomics.com
    Visit my "DAY OF THE DEAD" fansite: www.realmofhorrorcomics.com/dayofthedead/mains.htm
    Visit my "CREEPSHOW" fansite: www.realmofhorrorcomics.com/creepshow

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepshow
    I think people are forgetting something important -

1. If the woman put her hand up, closed her eyes, or moved her head there wouldn't be a scene.

2. When Brian's girlfriend gets bitten on the neck, if she ran away, there wouldn't be a scene.

You have to make allowances for films. They'd be very boring if they were 100% realistic all the time.
    Following that logic, we could just wonder why Stephen (In Dawn of the Dead) didn't just stand infront of the zombies and let them eat him. Or heck, why didn't any character do that? I mean, if they didn't we wouldn't have a scene, right?

Well, we got our scene. In the end. Where it made sense.